PDA

View Full Version : This just in...

KempersRS
06-27-2002, 01:43 PM
The Twins are just not good. I'm sorry, but this team is pretty bad. The only difference between them and us is that they find a way to win close games. They have a solid pen and decent D, that is it. The starting pitching is non-existent and their lineup is the most average out there. And yes, hitting and starting pitching outweigh defense and a pen in importance. They'll still take the division, but it would be nice if we could at least say we were beaten by a far superior team. The Central is flat out terrible.

duke of dorwood
06-27-2002, 01:47 PM
You are correct, and with this weeks behavior and moaning, some problems may be on the horizon.

Kilroy
06-27-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
...They'll still take the division, but it would be nice if we could at least say we were beaten by a far superior team. The Central is flat out terrible.

How the hell can you concede the division w/ 3 months left to play?

KempersRS
06-27-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

How the hell can you concede the division w/ 3 months left to play?

It's my prediction based on the pathetic play I've seen over the last year and a half.

duke of dorwood
06-27-2002, 02:25 PM
what concerns me is that Radtke and Mays will be back, and we couldnt make our move while they were out.

Foulke You
06-27-2002, 03:28 PM
The Twins are nothing outside of the Twinkee Dome. They are 19-21 on the road this year. The real tough teams win big on the road. Check out Boston, New York, and Seattle's road record and compare it to Minnesota's and there is no comparison. That being said, we've sucked away from Comiskey Park this year but it isn't because our team was built only to win in Comiskey, it is just inept baseball on the road for us. The Twins were built to win at the dome and you get them away from there and they are quite ordinary.

Nellie_Fox
06-28-2002, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by KempersRS
And yes, hitting and starting pitching outweigh defense and a pen in importance. I once again take the stand as WSI's only defender of the importance of defense. Absolutely no one responded to my post noting that the College World Series final matched the teams ranked number 1 and number 2 in defense, even in a game played with aluminum bats and the DH. Offense wins games, defense wins championships. It's the same in every sport. Watching our left fielder turn himself all around and finally fall down on a fly ball to left gave me cramps.

Chisox_cali
06-28-2002, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
what concerns me is that Radtke and Mays will be back, and we couldnt make our move while they were out.

What makes you think that both will come back 100% and dealing? There's no guarantee that they will both pitch well when they come back.