PDA

View Full Version : Too fat to slide?


soxrme
06-27-2002, 12:20 PM
THOMAS JUST THROWN OUT AT THE PLATE BECAUSE HE DID NOT SLIDE. ROONEY SAYS THAT IS NOT WINNING BASEBALL. KW WILL PROBABLY FINE ROONEY NOW. THIS WHOLE TEAM IS PLAYING WITH THEIR HEAD UP THEIR ASS. WILL JERRY HAVE THE BALLS TO CONFRONT FRANK?? I DOUBT IT.

duke of dorwood
06-27-2002, 12:20 PM
On radio , they said he'd be safe if he slid. Who saw it?

nixsox
06-27-2002, 12:28 PM
:?: If *****foot Frank would have slid he would've definitely been safe. I'm sick of his sissy ass ways. I've been debating for a while if they should get rid of him and I believe my mind is made up. Let's trade the 270 lb sissy. He could have slid or at least try to take the catcher out, it would have added a little intensity to a lifeless team. Trade him now or he will forever be sapping the energy out of this so called team. :angry:

duke of dorwood
06-27-2002, 12:30 PM
If the radio report is true, he'd be pulled from the game RIGHT NOW

baggio202
06-27-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
If the radio report is true, he'd be pulled from the game RIGHT NOW

slide???...after what that little ass hole pierzinski did to maggs last night this was the perfect opportunity for frank to relieve some past football glory and just knock the crap out of pierzinski..could have put him out of the game...frank had a chance to send a message and didnt

duke of dorwood
06-27-2002, 12:45 PM
That's our "leader"

:chunks

Kilroy
06-27-2002, 01:21 PM
Did he get any help or was ther no one telling him to slide or not?

nixsox
06-27-2002, 01:38 PM
Valentin was telling him to slide and he was too afraid. When he was on the bench, he was so out of breath it looked like he was going to pass out. :angry: :angry:

soxrme
06-27-2002, 02:06 PM
Now they threw a ball at his head and nothing!!! When will we show some fire? Glover should put Hunter down.

duke of dorwood
06-27-2002, 02:10 PM
He couldnt-warnings were given after the Thomas pitch

ode to veeck
06-27-2002, 02:14 PM
Glad I missed this one, sounds ugly

34 Inch Stick
06-27-2002, 04:27 PM
You would think the guy played wide reciever instead of tight end in college.

bc2k
06-27-2002, 11:32 PM
Welcome to the Thomas sucks bandwagon, gentlemen. Now give me a hand to push this 330 pound tumor off the wagon. Ready, on 3 (which happens to be his position - wait, check that, he doesn't play the field).

Valentin was clearly giving the slide sign, but our $10 million man didn't want to soil his pants anymore than he had already did.

Oh Frankie, did somebody make a poo poo? Good boy! What's that I smell? Oh that's just the ink drying on the diminished skills clause that will be invoked 10 seconds after the season.

No thanks Frank, you can keep the skirt.

Daver
06-27-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Welcome to the Thomas sucks bandwagon, gentlemen. Now give me a hand to push this 330 pound tumor off the wagon. Ready, on 3 (which happens to be his position - wait, check that, he doesn't play the field).

Valentin was clearly giving the slide sign, but our $10 million man didn't want to soil his pants anymore than he had already did.

Oh Frankie, did somebody make a poo poo? Good boy! What's that I smell? Oh that's just the ink drying on the diminished skills clause that will be invoked 10 seconds after the season.

No thanks Frank, you can keep the skirt.

He would have been out either way,it is a moot point.

The fact remains that NO one has ever put up the numbers he has put up in a White Sox uniform,and though he is not putting up the numbers he has in the past,he is still more productive than 2/3 of the hitters in the AL right now,but you choose not to realize that.

The truth Hurts. (http://users.pandora.be/p0p0/youare.swf)

doublem23
06-27-2002, 11:41 PM
Sigh...............


Even when we win, we find something to bitch about.

Kilroy
06-28-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Sigh...............


Even when we win, we find something to bitch about.

Its the strangest damn thing. I could see the Sox winning the series in 5 games, and Sox fans wouldn't be celebrating, they'd be complaining about the fact they didn't sweep.

bc2k
06-28-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by daver


He would have been out either way,it is a moot point.

The fact remains that NO one has ever put up the numbers he has put up in a White Sox uniform,and though he is not putting up the numbers he has in the past,he is still more productive than 2/3 of the hitters in the AL right now,but you choose not to realize that.

The truth Hurts. (http://users.pandora.be/p0p0/youare.swf)

You can't say he was a guaranteed out even if he did slide. I've seen the replay many times, I believe he would have been safe had he slid. But you have to admit sliding would have given Thomas a better chance of scoring. And the fact that Thomas did not slide shows us, and more importantly his teammates, much about his character, desire, talent, laziness, ignorance (intentionally blowing Valentin's slide sign), and how low of a winning effort he holds.

Daver, is 2/3 of the game making at least 10 million?
And is Thomas more productive than 2/3 of the game in the 7th-9th innings? Or does clutch not count? The truth doesHurt. (http://users.pandora.be/p0p0/youare.swf)

There is room on the bandwagon for you Daver.

Daver
06-28-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by bc2k


You can't say he was a guaranteed out even if he did slide. I've seen the replay many times, I believe he would have been safe had he slid. But you have to admit sliding would have given Thomas a better chance of scoring. And the fact that Thomas did not slide shows us, and more importantly his teammates, much about his character, desire, talent, laziness, ignorance (intentionally blowing Valentin's slide sign), and how low of a winning effort he holds.

Daver, is 2/3 of the game making at least 10 million?
And is Thomas more productive than 2/3 of the game in the 7th-9th innings? Or does clutch not count? The truth doesHurt. (http://users.pandora.be/p0p0/youare.swf)

There is room on the bandwagon for you Daver.

From what I have seen in the past,I would rather Frank didn't slide,he does it badly,and it has lead to injuries.

Frank's salary is based on what he has done for this team over his career as much as what he is doing now,the guy did not win two MVP awards for nothing.Why you choose to continue your tirade over a player that owns almost all the Sox hitting records,as well as a few MLB records is beyond me,but I have to think you you are an idiot that would make a good Cub fan,what have you done for me lately?

Your bandwagon is heading for a cliff with you driving it.

voodoochile
06-28-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by bc2k


You can't say he was a guaranteed out even if he did slide. I've seen the replay many times, I believe he would have been safe had he slid. But you have to admit sliding would have given Thomas a better chance of scoring. And the fact that Thomas did not slide shows us, and more importantly his teammates, much about his character, desire, talent, laziness, ignorance (intentionally blowing Valentin's slide sign), and how low of a winning effort he holds.

Daver, is 2/3 of the game making at least 10 million?
And is Thomas more productive than 2/3 of the game in the 7th-9th innings? Or does clutch not count? The truth doesHurt. (http://users.pandora.be/p0p0/youare.swf)

There is room on the bandwagon for you Daver.

I was surprised that Frank didn't slide, but I really think you are overblowing the "character, desire, talent, laziness and ignorance" issue, because you hate Frank. I thought he would have been safe, or at least much closer to safe if he had slid. I don't know why he didn't except the throw was slightly off line and maybe he was convinced he would be safe without sliding.

Frank has always been a bit ball shy (as we can see from the way he jumps back on inside pitches). That's not a condemnation of the man - most of you know I am one of his staunches supporters - but simply a fact. Maybe he was worried about getting hit by the throw and it distracted him, but again that is speculation - as is your statement about his character, etc.

As to the rest of it, maybe you have missed the several times in the last 3-4 weeks when Frank has come up big in games (driving in the tying run in Atlanta last Friday, getting a hit in the ninth on Wednesday, smoking a line drive up the middle with two outs and the tying run on second in a game a few weeks ago - it was caught (we had an argument about that one too, you only wanting to discuss the fact that Frank made an out and not willing to give him his due for doing everything a team asks of a hitter in that situation, but it leading to an out anyway).

The fact is, you don't like Frank - I think we all get the point by now... The rest is pure speculation and innuendo. You have no idea why Frank didn't slide and as I've pointed out, there might have been reasons why he didn't that have nothing to do with his character. You won't admit you could possibly be wrong about Frank. He isn't as fat as you want to make him. He stole some bases, just to shut you up (I asked him, he told me so ). Maybe you should lay off for a while, because everything you are talking about is blowing up in your face. On the other hand, keep going, you are bringing the big guy good luck...

Nellie_Fox
06-28-2002, 02:16 AM
Unfortunately, the game wasn't broadcast here in Minnesota, so I can form no opinion on the slide/no slide. However, bc2k gave me heartburn the very first night he checked in here, and nothing has changed. His opinion of Frank colors everything he sees; my opinion of bc2k colors everything I read from him.

bc2k
07-01-2002, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Unfortunately, the game wasn't broadcast here in Minnesota, so I can form no opinion on the slide/no slide. However, bc2k gave me heartburn the very first night he checked in here, and nothing has changed. His opinion of Frank colors everything he sees; my opinion of bc2k colors everything I read from him.

Headache, okay. Hearburn? Am I Italian Sausage?

So everyone is happy with Frank's .249 average?

Daver, if Frank can't slide, he shouldn't be playing the game of baseball. Although when you rarely get on base, sliding isn't that important. Anyone else notice that this is the only full season Frank has struck out more than he has walked?

doublem23
07-01-2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Anyone else notice that this is the only full season Frank has struck out more than he has walked?

I know... If he was any good, he's just brush off that career-threatening injury he suffered last year.

Sheesh... Moron. Maybe you can get your own column at the Sun-Times with the other "baseball geniuses."

:moron
Like me!

LongDistanceFan
07-01-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by bc2k


Headache, okay. Hearburn? Am I Italian Sausage?

So everyone is happy with Frank's .249 average?

Daver, if Frank can't slide, he shouldn't be playing the game of baseball. Although when you rarely get on base, sliding isn't that important. Anyone else notice that this is the only full season Frank has struck out more than he has walked? ah everybody has a right to voice an opinion without being called names............ :angry:

however, i have yet to see big frank slide at home and only a few times when he was stealing second......... that being said if sliding = getting an injury, then i would prefer him not to slide but its for us to deal with that............ does that make him less of a ballplayer? would we be defending him if it was, let say rocye or lee?

franks avg is not of that when he was young, however he does deserve to retire a soxs player.

Kilroy
07-01-2002, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Anyone else notice that this is the only full season Frank has struck out more than he has walked?

Pardon me for getting in late, but I love pointing out the obvious.

That being the case, I wonder when MLB went from a 162 game schedule to the 82 game full season that bc2k is talking about?

Questions for bc2k:

Where were you Wednesday when Thomas was the only player to actually get a hit in the 9th inning rally?

Where were you Saturday when Thomas hit a 2 run homer to give the Sox the lead?

34 Inch Stick
07-01-2002, 08:37 AM
No matter what Frank does with the rest of his career, he deserves a certain degree of respect from the organization and Sox fans. He was the Sox for a decade. The early part of the 90's he was the only hitter of substance in the lineup.

His skills may be diminished (that is debatable). Still his numbers are good and he is the best DH in the game.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-01-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy


Questions for bc2k:

Where were you Wednesday when Thomas was the only player to actually get a hit in the 9th inning rally?

Where were you Saturday when Thomas hit a 2 run homer to give the Sox the lead?

He was probably busy taking another drag on the Josh Paul versatility bong!

:)

idseer
07-01-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
No matter what Frank does with the rest of his career, he deserves a certain degree of respect from the organization and Sox fans. He was the Sox for a decade. The early part of the 90's he was the only hitter of substance in the lineup.



i think you're forgetting the best thirdbaseman this team ever had!

aside from that i agree. frank deserves respect for his past ability. at the same time, this is a 'what have you done for me lately' game. it doesn't matter what someone did years ago. if it did, guys like joe morgan would still be in the game. what matters is his ability now and in the future. it's possible that frank is still recovering from last year ... but it's just as possible his age and size are beginning to show on him. no one will know until next year (or if he suddenly heats up this 2nd half) if he still has that '00 kind of ability. after all ... he DID start off last year very poorly also!

some feel he's going to return to top form and some don't (including me).
now it's just wait and see time!

as to franks attitude ... i think most will agree he's always putting his foot in his mouth. i personally see him as a player interested in his own stats and little else. his quote earlier this year made it plainer than i could ever say.
(i'm paraphrasing) ... i now realize (after 13 years in the league!) it's a team game.
... and i'm sure he only made THIS brilliant claim because he thought it would endear him to the press and fans.

meanwhile he IS still driving in runs so i think he's still worth his salary.

Nellie_Fox
07-02-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Hearburn? Am I Italian Sausage?No, I like Italian sausage.