PDA

View Full Version : Central (OK, let's be honest, Twins) Watch Thread, Part V...

Pages : [1] 2

doublem23
09-03-2010, 01:03 AM
... continued ...

WhiteSox5187
09-03-2010, 01:03 AM
That last thread didn't last too long!

GoGoCrede
09-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Great capper to the night. Even better, their pen is now tired.

Your turn, Sox. Give us a show tomorrow night.

PeteWard
09-03-2010, 01:05 AM
None of this means a thing if our Sox don't beat their sox.

I will be ok if we finish the weekend where we are now and then gain another 1.5 next week.

JB98
09-03-2010, 01:06 AM
The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.

The Sox were five games out in the loss column on Aug. 22. They are now three out in the loss column.

Keep chipping away...

oeo
09-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Will they still start Blackburn tomorrow? I hope so. Would be great if he could lose 2 games in 2 days for them.

He threw 19 pitches, so don't think it's likely. Wonder who it will be.

09-03-2010, 01:09 AM
Way to blow your whole BP and 3 SP on one game, twins.

Those gosh darn twins just know how to play the game right

doublem23
09-03-2010, 01:10 AM
http://images4.cafepress.com/image/13838804_125x125.png

WhiteSox5187
09-03-2010, 01:12 AM

I know Baker came out and Blackburn gets the loss, who was the other starter?

PeteWard
09-03-2010, 01:12 AM

Never thought I'd say the Twins tying a game in the bottom of the 9th was a good thing.
Well, I won't....it was a great thing. It can get even better if Texas comes out swinging early tomorrow.

I hope they are motivated and fired up enough, despite their huge lead, to fight for home field in the first round and avoid, presumably NY. Go Rangers.

GoGoCrede
09-03-2010, 01:13 AM

I want that on a T-Shirt.

Noneck
They havent used Fuentes in awhile. Whats up with that?

JB98

Duensing worked both the 11th and the 12th.

PeteWard

Duensing.

PeteWard
09-03-2010, 01:14 AM

He is hurt--elbow I think. I won't gloat....hee hee hee.

oeo
09-03-2010, 01:14 AM

Sore lower back. I believe the Twins announcers said Capps was unavailable with shoulder soreness, as well.

Twins are going to need that bullpen with their pitching rotation. Sox can do this.

JB98
09-03-2010, 01:15 AM

He's having back issues. Maybe the Angels knew something when they unloaded him.

WhiteSox5187
09-03-2010, 01:16 AM

It's his back, they didn't want to use him tonight. If they don't use him tomorrow something is SERIOUSLY wrong.

09-03-2010, 01:16 AM
And the twins used one of their long men, Manship today too. If I had to guess, Perkins would start against Texas for the first game

SoxSpeed22
09-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Way to blow your whole BP and 3 SP on one game, twins.For all the complaining people do about why Ozzie didn't pitch guys like Thornton or Putz when they are "unavailable" in a close game, trying to win every game has its consequences as the season goes on. The Twins need, what looks like Pavano, to go deeper than they would like. Let's hope this sends them down a pitching meltdown.

guillensdisciple
09-03-2010, 01:20 AM

:D::D::D::D::D:

I LOL'ed hard after this. So professional, yet so...... um, insulting.

Love it.

**** you Twinks, go **** yourselves, go back to playing your ****ty as baseball, and let the real baseball teams win in the playoffs. Let the Sox represent the Central, because you idiots sure as hell won't.

One more time, **** you Twins.

Noneck
09-03-2010, 01:21 AM
Sore lower back. I believe the Twins announcers said Capps was unavailable with shoulder soreness, as well.

Twins are going to need that bullpen with their pitching rotation. Sox can do this.

Capps has been pitching almost daily. Now the twinks face one of their fav foes. Gosh I hope the rangers decimate the twinks pitching staff.

WhiteSox5187
09-03-2010, 01:22 AM
And the twins used one of their long men, Manship today too. If I had to guess, Perkins would start against Texas for the first game

Is Kevin Slowey hurt? He hasn't pitched since the 21st of August. I would suspect you might see both Perkins and Slowey get a start in that series with Texas. Depending on what is wrong with Baker, either Perkins, Slowey or Blackburne is going to have to go into the rotation which should help us.

hawkjt
09-03-2010, 01:40 AM
In the last week the Twins have had:

Slowey left a game early with elbow issues
Baker left tonite early with elbow issues
Fuentes has a bad back,unavailable tonite
Capps has sore shoulder unavailable tonite
Thome has tight back..day to day
Kubel has bad wrist..going back to Doc tomorrow

They used Baker,Duesing,and Blackburn tonite.
Liriano went last nite.
Pavano went on Tues.
The Rangers come to town tomorrow.

Now, conversely, the Sox are getting Thornton and Gordon back tomorrow.
But, if the Hurricane Earl issues play out, Sox will have a doubleheader on Saturday...which almost always means at least one loss.
Sox need Texas to help us out and win a couple this weekend cus the Sox face Bucholz,Beckett and Lackey,and a doubleheader also screws them up for a starter in the Detroit series.....darn you ...EARL!!

AlexRios51
09-03-2010, 01:56 AM
I will :bandance:

BadBobbyJenks
09-03-2010, 02:18 AM
My cousin from Minnesota said they are calling up a random minor leaguer for tomorrow and Blackburn is pitching Sunday.

09-03-2010, 03:07 AM
My cousin from Minnesota said they are calling up a random minor leaguer for tomorrow and Blackburn is pitching Sunday.

Random minor leaguer, Pavano, and Blackburn vs the Rangers? Sounds like 0, 2, and 1 ER from the twins starters this series.

guillensdisciple
09-03-2010, 03:24 AM
The addition of Manny will be huge.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-03-2010, 07:34 AM
:D::D::D::D::D:

I LOL'ed hard after this. So professional, yet so...... um, insulting.

Love it.

**** you Twinks, go **** yourselves, go back to playing your ****ty as baseball, and let the real baseball teams win in the playoffs. Let the Sox represent the Central, because you idiots sure as hell won't.

One more time, **** you Twins.I got my "****s" out in the other thread, I was joking, but it still felt great! I hope you got the same out of it. :cool:

harwar
09-03-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm glad to see that the tigers won .. when i had to stop watching they were losing .. here's hoping that the rangers destroy their pitching staff ..

ChiSoxGirl
09-03-2010, 08:32 AM
I got the run down of this game late last night and was VERY pleased with what I heard! I've got my phone set to receive ESPN mobile updates every time a Twins game goes final and I woke up after midnight to see an update on my phone, but was groggy and couldn't possibly believe that I was seeing a Twins loss in 13 innings because they were up 6-3 when I went to bed. But, alas... I wasn't as groggy as I thought and it was true! :bandance: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let last night's marathon and pitching disaster be the beginning of the end for those rat bastards in Minneapolis! :praying:

hawkjt
09-03-2010, 08:42 AM
I got the run down of this game late last night and was VERY pleased with what I heard! I've got my phone set to receive ESPN mobile updates every time a Twins game goes final and I woke up after midnight to see an update on my phone, but was groggy and couldn't possibly believe that I was seeing a Twins loss in 13 innings because they were up 6-3 when I went to bed. But, alas... I wasn't as groggy as I thought and it was true! :bandance: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let last night's marathon and pitching disaster be the beginning of the end for those rat bastards in Minneapolis! :praying:

I agree,but unfortunately, the Sox absolutely need the twins to lose a number of games over the next 10 days,cus looking at the Sox next ten days is really daunting. Probable rainout tonite,and forcing a doubleheader on Sunday,with an afternoon game on Monday in Detroit..4 games in 44 hours, vs AL Pitcher of the Month Buchholz,Beckett,Lackey,and AL Rookie Pitcher of the Month,Scherzer, then Verlander the next day,with two more games to follow in Detroit,and then 3 games vs KC the next 3 days. From Saturday nite to Sunday afternoon...10 games in 8.5 days...ouch.
Get ready,Lucas Harrell.:o: Harrell or someone will probably have to go wednesday vs the Tigers which throws the whole plan for starting Danks,Floyd and Buehrle vs the Twins...Freddie instead? Coop must be pissed.

ChiSoxGirl
09-03-2010, 08:51 AM
I agree,but unfortunately, the Sox absolutely need the twins to lose a number of games over the next 10 days,cus looking at the Sox next ten days is really daunting. Probable rainout tonite,and forcing a doubleheader on Sunday,with an afternoon game on Monday in Detroit..4 games in 44 hours, vs AL Pitcher of the Month Buchholz,Beckett,Lackey,and AL Rookie Pitcher of the Month,Scherzer, then Verlander the next day,with two more games to follow in Detroit,and then 3 games vs KC the next 3 days. From Saturday nite to Sunday afternoon...10 games in 8.5 days...ouch.
Get ready,Lucas Harrell.:o: Harrell or someone will probably have to go wednesday vs the Tigers which throws the whole plan for starting Danks,Floyd and Buehrle vs the Twins...Freddie instead? Coop must be pissed.

:thud: I think I just died inside. If by some miracle the Sox rattle off a nice little win streak and the Twins hit the skids, putting the Sox in a prime spot to win the division, it'll mirror 2008 in that they'll be so damn exhausted that the likelihood of the Sox doing anything in the playoffs will be extremely slim.

hi im skot
09-03-2010, 09:24 AM

Really, the Sox have no one but themselves to blame.Now they've put themselves in a huge hole.

sox1970
09-03-2010, 09:40 AM
They lost the game, and they have to call up this guy to start tonight.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=fox---001mat

guillensdisciple
09-03-2010, 09:42 AM

He's old, and looks kinda sucky.

happydude
09-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Really, the Sox have no one but themselves to blame.Now they've put themselves in a huge hole.

No doubt. Its hard not to continually go back to those 6 losses in August, I believe, where the opponent overcame our Sox in its last at bat. We don't need a complete collapse by Minnesota but we do need them to play somewhere close to .500 ball while we play well in order to have a realistic chance to pull this thing out.

slavko
09-03-2010, 10:27 AM
For all the complaining people do about why Ozzie didn't pitch guys like Thornton or Putz when they are "unavailable" in a close game, trying to win every game has its consequences as the season goes on. The Twins need, what looks like Pavano, to go deeper than they would like. Let's hope this sends them down a pitching meltdown.

Pitching meltdown. We know about that one. Learned the hard way.

No doubt. Its hard not to continually go back to those 6 losses in August, I believe, where the opponent overcame our Sox in its last at bat. We don't need a complete collapse by Minnesota but we do need them to play somewhere close to .500 ball while we play well in order to have a realistic chance to pull this thing out.

Going against a Smokin' Hot Pitcher tonight. Danks needs his "A" game which has been nowhere in sight of late.

By the way, Gardy was heaved by Joe West for arguing a forceout call at 2b where the ball was dropped. It's usually called the other way, by "longtime custom." So give Joe some love, he's a jerk to other people too.

delben91
09-03-2010, 10:34 AM

Off topic, but the last few years I've entered the territory where I'm older than a good number of professional athletes now. I don't think I truly understood the irony of being "old" in the lates 20s for athletes until recently.

Oh, and the Twins suck. Go Sox!

hawkjt
09-03-2010, 11:01 AM

Of course,there is the Twins contributing to this hole by winning more games in August than any other team in MLB.

Yea, the Sox bullpen blew some games in August,but it was not like they went 10-20....they played .500 ball,and the twins got hot. It happens.
Now, we need the Sox to get hot,and the Twins to play .500 ball...turnabout is fair play,as they say.
But, having 3 doubleheaders in 30 days is a bad break. Twins have not had a similar bad luck...so it goes.

UofCSoxFan
09-03-2010, 11:15 AM
For all the complaining people do about why Ozzie didn't pitch guys like Thornton or Putz when they are "unavailable" in a close game, trying to win every game has its consequences as the season goes on. The Twins need, what looks like Pavano, to go deeper than they would like. Let's hope this sends them down a pitching meltdown.

Thank God someone else understands this. I've given up trying to convince people that the goal, especially at the beginning of the year and middle of the year, is to win series, not individual games. To do this, it means not using your top relievers everyday (especially in games you are losing). It also means in game 1 of the series sticking with a starter longer than you may want to save the pen.

I don't feel bad for the Twins at all. Their rotation had a ton of question marks going into the year and they've gotten well above expected returns from Pavano and Rausch (and Liriano too since I don't think you could count on his health). They still haven't lost anyone of Peavy's caliber, nor have the lost any relief pitcher as good as Thornton or Putz.

The Morneau blow is big, but Thome and Kubel, until getting hurt, filled in nicely.

Sox are going to make this interesting. That's for sure.

UofCSoxFan
09-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Off topic, but the last few years I've entered the territory where I'm older than a good number of professional athletes now. I don't think I truly understood the irony of being "old" in the lates 20s for athletes until recently.

Oh, and the Twins suck. Go Sox!

At least for me he's still got a year on me. But there is a difference between being old in life and being old for making your major league debut. Hell, 22 can be considered old if you're a low level prospect.

SSrep
09-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Thank God someone else understands this. I've given up trying to convince people that the goal, especially at the beginning of the year and middle of the year, is to win series, not individual games. To do this, it means not using your top relievers everyday (especially in games you are losing). It also means in game 1 of the series sticking with a starter longer than you may want to save the pen.

I don't feel bad for the Twins at all. Their rotation had a ton of question marks going into the year and they've gotten well above expected returns from Pavano and Rausch (and Liriano too since I don't think you could count on his health). They still haven't lost anyone of Peavy's caliber, nor have the lost any relief pitcher as good as Thornton or Putz.

The Morneau blow is big, but Thome and Kubel, until getting hurt, filled in nicely.

Sox are going to make this interesting. That's for sure.

Joe Nathan's pretty good

UofCSoxFan
09-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Joe Nathan's pretty good

Fair point. Was thinking during the year, but yes you are right, he should be included.

SSrep
09-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Fair point. Was thinking during the year, but yes you are right, he should be included.

Yeah, during the year though, definitely nobody of Thornton or Putz' caliber. They at least had time to audition for the role and have several meetings on the issue, etc. Even though replacing him was impossible.

salty99
09-03-2010, 11:53 AM

27 is old?

Craig Grebeck
09-03-2010, 11:58 AM
27 is old?
In minor league terms, yes.

TheOldRoman
09-03-2010, 12:02 PM
27 is old?For someone who hasn't pitched in the majors, yes.

ChiSoxGirl
09-03-2010, 12:51 PM

Don't let his numbers deceive you. He plays for the Twins, after all, which can only mean he'll be called up, pitch the game of his life, propelling the Twins to a victory against the Rangers, and will stay with the club until further notice. For further proof of this theory, see Duensing, Brian.

WhiteSox5187
09-03-2010, 01:17 PM
What's the word on Baker and Kubel? Are they going to be out for awhile?

thomas35forever
09-03-2010, 01:20 PM

Jack Shepherd pitches in the Twins organization? I thought he died three years ago!

fram40
09-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Twins have pitching issues:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/5116/twins-run-out-of-relievers-but-why

If Thornton and Putz come back soon - and stay healthy and pitch well - we have a real good chance to catch these schmucks.

Pitching matters - even more so down the stretch. The Sox pitching is better. Potentially, anyway.

delben91
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Twins have pitching issues:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/5116/twins-run-out-of-relievers-but-why

If Thornton and Putz come back soon - and stay healthy and pitch well - we have a real good chance to catch these schmucks.

Pitching matters - even more so down the stretch. The Sox pitching is better. Potentially, anyway.

Sometimes I think the Twins could start their AAA roster and go undefeated the rest of the way.

soxfanreggie
09-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Thank you Detroit for coming back to win last night. It was much appreciated! Now if only a few more of the Twins' opponents can do the same thing.

I would love for the Rangers to give Matt Fox a good "welcoming" to the Majors and force Gardenhire to make a decision to give up the game or tax the pen even further.

soxlady8
09-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Yeah for a Twins loss.
Thanks Kitties for coming through!

I was keeping up w the game here but had to be up way early for work so I could not get the final outcome-

3 games out sounds good , gotta keep chipping away!

guillensdisciple
09-03-2010, 07:51 PM
When I say old, I mean from a baseball first game started perspective. That means he never really had it.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-03-2010, 08:47 PM
When I went to bed, the Tigers were up 1 run in extra innings, so I thought "Meh, it's not 20, but at least it's a win." Good thing I wasn't paying attention, because I guess the Twins came back!?... Well, lucky enough for me, when I look this morning... 13innings, bullpen is taxed, and I guess their throwing out a less-than-awesome pitcher from the minors today. Maybe the Sox aren't out of it...

Better pen (if Thornton & Putz are good) - check
Better rotation - check+
Comparable offense (if Manny is Manny) - check

I'm excited, and let me make note that none of these "if"s are that outrageous. It's kind of what should happen. The Sox would be a MUCH better representation in the playoffs. It's not fair for the first 2 months to be weighing them down so much. I say may the baseball Gods have mercy and give the rightful team the pennant.

LET'S DO THIS ****!!! :Rocker:

vinny
09-03-2010, 08:47 PM
What's the word on Baker and Kubel? Are they going to be out for awhile?
Baker likely to miss a couple of starts, Kubel maybe will return Sunday:
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-twins-injuries)

sox1970
09-03-2010, 09:29 PM
1-1, top 4.

mzh
09-03-2010, 10:12 PM
2-1 Texas, top 6. Hold 'em down!

soxlady8
09-03-2010, 10:14 PM
thanks for the update mzh :)
yes , let us hope Tex can keep the lead --

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Sporting my Ian Kinsler Texas jersey tee I picked up in Dallas...good to see that my juju is working!

Keep it up, Rangers!

LauraJ14
09-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Rangers need some more runs,

soxlady8
09-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Dang .... Twinkies tied it up :(

sox1970
09-03-2010, 10:39 PM
3-2 Tex, 7th

UofCSoxFan
3-2 Rangers! Squeeze play.

rookie
I love the squeeze!

soxlady8
09-03-2010, 10:43 PM
yesss :)

sox1970
09-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Valencia leaves with a leg injury.

whitesox4eva
09-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Valencia leaves with a leg injury.

How bad did it look?

sox1970
09-03-2010, 10:52 PM
How bad did it look?

Don't know. Not watching live.

sox1970
09-03-2010, 10:53 PM
1st and 2nd, one out. Bullpen coming in.

sox1970
09-03-2010, 10:56 PM
3-3. ****.

sox1970
09-03-2010, 11:01 PM
4-3 Twins. It'll be 6-3 in a minute.

RadioheadRocks
09-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Dios mio, no es bueno

JermaineDye05
09-03-2010, 11:03 PM
I ****ing hate the Twins.

They actually get a nobody from the minors to shut down the Rangers.

soxlady8
09-03-2010, 11:08 PM
crud crud crud -- I let my dog outside for a few minutes and the Twinkies
take the lead !

sox1970
09-03-2010, 11:09 PM
4-3 Twins, going to the 8th.

soxlady8
09-03-2010, 11:14 PM
ahhhh ... well that is tolerable
come on Rangers -

sox1970
09-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Rauch in, and he gave up a lead off single to Young. DSNB

sox1970
09-03-2010, 11:20 PM
1st and 3rd, one out. This is the ballgame.

Capps coming in.

sox1970
09-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Cruz k's on 3 pitches. :angry:

Up to Kinsler.

sox1970
09-03-2010, 11:26 PM
No dice.

mzh
09-03-2010, 11:26 PM

sox1970
09-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Josh Hamilton is out of the game. (back)

Rdy2PlayBall
09-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Team of destiny.

DirtySox
09-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Team of destiny.

Team that is good.

Patrick134
09-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Team of destiny.

Destined to what? Lose in the first round again?

Rdy2PlayBall
09-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Destined to what? Lose in the first round again?Sorry I pressed the wrong button.

oeo
09-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Team that is good.

No better than the Sox. As good as their offense was supposed to be, and our pitching was supposed to be, they're pretty much squared up in both categories. I think we have more range on defense, and they certainly have an edge in the bullpen right now, but they're pretty even.

soxlady8
09-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Well a win by the Rangers would have been nice ,
but 3.5 isn't so bad at this time of the year --

Maybe the luck will change ?
(hoping the luck will change ! )

sox1970
09-03-2010, 11:42 PM
4 out

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2010, 11:44 PM
4 out

And still three in the loss column.

soxlady8
09-03-2010, 11:51 PM
I am sorry ... I thought we were 3.5 back !!
4 does sound a bit more detrimental -

sox1970
09-03-2010, 11:59 PM
And still three in the loss column.

Sox have to cut it to 2 games by the end of the Tigers series.

Brian26
09-04-2010, 12:01 AM
No better than the Sox.

The Twins are six outs better than the White Sox right now thanks to meltdowns by Jenks and Thornton. Teams should be, at the worst, tied for first place with that four game swing.

I'm not as mad at the Twins right now as I am at the Sox.

WhiteSox5187
09-04-2010, 12:07 AM
The Twins are six outs better than the White Sox right now thanks to meltdowns by Jenks and Thornton. Teams should be, at the worst, tied for first place with that four game swing.

Agreed, if the Sox don't make the playoffs they will have no one to blame but themselves.

cards press box
09-04-2010, 12:11 AM

Fair point but with Baker and Slowey having elbow problems, Blackburn's ineffectiveness and Pavano's performance in the last twenty-one (http://www.rototimes.com/mlb/player/1912) days, it seems that Twins (and not the White Sox) have one foot firmly placed on the banana peel right now. Yes, the Twins have won a few close games this week at home but, man, that starting pitching appears to be an adventure every night Liriano does not pitch.

The Sox are three back in the loss column. If the Twins don't get any consistent starting pitching, that number might be one or less when the Sox return home from this road trip.

Patrick134
09-04-2010, 12:13 AM

I think the 2 blown games to the Tigers leading to that Thornton-Thome game were huge too, even though they weren't head to head with the Twins.

CHISOXFAN13
09-04-2010, 12:27 AM

Why's that? Just discounting the three games against KC next week as a chance to make up ground?

It's absolutely silly to say we need to be two back by next Wednesday, particuarly with the Twins pitching issues.

doublem23
09-04-2010, 12:30 AM

Not to mention the Sox didn't bother to start playing until June.

ChiSoxGirl
09-04-2010, 01:08 AM
I ****ing hate the Twins.

They actually get a nobody from the minors to shut down the Rangers.

This doesn't surprise me a damn bit; it's what they do. Morneau went down with that concussion before the Break and they call up some no-name dude named Danny Valencia. Said no-name dude is batting something like .325. And, as I sad earlier in another thread, another classic example of this crap would be Brian Duensing.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-04-2010, 01:17 AM
This doesn't surprise me a damn bit; it's what they do. Morneau went down with that concussion before the Break and they call up some no-name dude named Danny Valencia. Said no-name dude is batting something like .325. And, as I sad earlier in another thread, another classic example of this crap would be Brian Duensing.

They should change their name to "the Hydras". Once one goes down, it's a given that their replacement (who likely has bounced around from 5 different teams without ever getting above AA) will perform better than the guy who got injured did (Nathan may be an exception).

If that's the case, then maybe if they make it to the playoffs, Gardenhire should break every player's kneecaps. If they do, they might actually win a game in the ALDS.

AlexRios51
09-04-2010, 03:04 AM
The sox may not be able to gain any ground if the twins keep winning.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-04-2010, 03:11 AM
The sox may not be able to gain any ground if the twins keep winning.Every other win seems to be a comeback win... they're going to run out of luck eventually, and it's probably going to result in some kind of losing steak. It's bound to come, unless they also just become a better team.

guillensdisciple
09-04-2010, 03:58 AM
The Sox win the division by three games.

This is the last day of the Twins honey moon.

cards press box
09-04-2010, 04:18 PM

I like the concept.

sox1970
09-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Here go the Twins. God I hate them.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-04-2010, 04:24 PM

This is the last day of the Twins honey moon.But I want to see a game 163 where Jenks strikes out the side in the 9th after walking the bases loaded, and the last batter being Jim Thome... :whiner:

sox1970
09-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Young pops out bases loaded one out. Like that. Now get the 3rd out.

BigHurt3515
09-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Mauer not even playing today. Texas better win

sox1970
09-04-2010, 04:32 PM
2-0 Twins. :rolleyes:

spongyfungy
09-04-2010, 04:36 PM
5-0 twins

thomas35forever
Well so much for help today.

sox1970
And there's that game.

Go Sox tonight.

JermaineDye05
09-04-2010, 04:38 PM
We gain a half game and lose it in about 30 minutes. ****ing kidding me.

UofCSoxFan
09-04-2010, 04:39 PM
The worst part about this is Hardy was K'd on that 2-2 pitch and got the call...would have ended the inning with no score.

This Fox announcer is brutal. How does a guy with a lisp make a career out of Sports broadcasting?

09-04-2010, 04:39 PM

The twins are the luckiest team in baseball. They won't lose the division by three games.

SBSoxFan
09-04-2010, 04:40 PM
The twins are the luckiest team in baseball. They won't lose the division by three games.

All it has to be is one.

delben91
09-04-2010, 04:43 PM

The thing that always gets me isn't even when they call up a solid prospect from AAA and he performs, but when they call up the guys that are marginal at best and they hit .300 for about 10 weeks. I can't remember the last Twins call up that wasn't well above average in performance, even if their minor league numbers were average at best (eg - Fox last night).

JermaineDye05
09-04-2010, 04:43 PM
How many times have the Twins just ****ing exploded offensively or come back right after a Sox win? I ****ing hate it when that happens.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-04-2010, 04:44 PM
The worst part about this is Hardy was K'd on that 2-2 pitch and got the call...would have ended the inning with no score.

:hawk
"dangnummit"

BigHurt3515
09-04-2010, 05:00 PM
They never lose
So depressing

AnkleSox
09-04-2010, 05:07 PM
I will once again say it:

I hate the goddamn mother****ing twins.

chisoxfanatic
09-04-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm not going to be worried until we lose control of our own destiny. All I'll say is thankfully our 3 remaining games with them are HERE.

sox1970
09-04-2010, 05:09 PM
They never lose
So depressing

Sox had a 38-13 run.

Twins are on a 32-14 run.

They know how it feels, but they're 10-5 against the Sox, and didn't suck in April. They're earning it, and the Sox blew it.

UofCSoxFan
09-04-2010, 05:10 PM
As frustrating as it is to watch the Twins keep on winning, the White Sox still control their own destiny. We are 3 back in the loss column with 3 left to play against the Twins.

It would still be nice if they lost a few games once in awhile.

JermaineDye05
09-04-2010, 05:13 PM
The Rangers lose Andrus. The Twins luck continues.

delben91
09-04-2010, 05:21 PM
They never lose
So depressing

Let's see how they do next time through the rotation without Baker or Slowey.

sox1970
09-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Let's see how they do next time through the rotation without Baker or Slowey.

Slowey is still scheduled to start Monday.

So they'll have Pavano, Blackburn, Slowey, Liriano, Duensing.

Business as usual.

JermaineDye05
09-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Thome homers again.

He is now at 9th place alone on the HR list. Congrats big guy.

DirtySox
09-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Kudos to the Twins on that Thome pickup. Who would have thought he could be a good DH?

Soxman219
09-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Eventually they'll go on a losing streak. I hope it starts 2 weeks before the season ends.

JermaineDye05
09-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Kudos to the Twins on that Thome pickup. Who would have thought he could be a good DH?

He's produced, but he's been similar to Andruw albeit with a far and away better batting average and never playing the field.

Jim: 94 G .270 20 HR 49 RBI

Andruw: 92 G .220 18 HR 42 RBI

Tragg
09-04-2010, 05:37 PM
The Rangers are not really sure what to do as they wrap up their division and are showing some choke, but the teams behind them are so bad that they aren't losing ground.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-04-2010, 05:40 PM
He's produced, but he's been similar to Andruw albeit with a far and away better batting average and never playing the field.

Andruw: 92 G .220 18 HR 42 RBIand...

Jim: 34 runs scored, 0SB
Andruw: 39runs scored, 9SB

Look at that, again, when your slow, OBP means ****. Yes Thome is a great guy, and Kotsay is bad, but this depression over Thome being gone is getting a little old. The only negative part is that he is making the Twins better.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-04-2010, 05:42 PM
This Fox announcer is brutal. How does a guy with a lisp make a career out of Sports broadcasting?
http://images.cbssports.com/images/cbs/sports/talent/Dierdorf_bio.jpg
"That'th an exthellent quethtion."

Gavin
09-04-2010, 05:50 PM
"I don't care what the other teams are doing, the Sox just need to win."--My pops

JermaineDye05
09-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Matt Tolbert has two triples today. What the **** is with Target field and triples?

bunty_doghunter
09-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Matt Tolbert has two triples today. What the **** is with Target field and triples?
Umm... fast runners, big park?
Of course, Thome has two.

DirtySox
09-04-2010, 07:07 PM

Andruw: 92 G .220 18 HR 42 RBI

You are seriously arguing that Andruw and Thome have been comparable this year? Reaching. You are doing it. Try again.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-04-2010, 07:22 PM
You are seriously arguing that Andruw and Thome have been comparable this year? Reaching. You are doing it. Try again.Show us stats to show they are not. Besides the HR against the Sox.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Eventually they'll go on a losing streak. I hope it starts 2 weeks before the season ends.

Knowing our luck, their next 3-game losing streak will begin on Game 1 of the ALDS.

RadioheadRocks
09-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Sox had a 38-13 run.

Twins are on a 32-14 run.

They know how it feels, but they're 10-5 against the Sox, and didn't suck in April. They're earning it, and the Sox blew it.

No more calls, we have a winner

VenturaFan23
09-04-2010, 08:52 PM
I can't wait until the Twins are back on the road again.

sox1970
09-04-2010, 10:09 PM
I can't wait until the Twins are back on the road again.

One series each to the four division teams. They should be able to swing 6-6. Unless the Sox sweep them, it's going to be very, very tough to catch the Twins.

oeo
09-04-2010, 10:47 PM
One series each to the four division teams. They should be able to swing 6-6. Unless the Sox sweep them, it's going to be very, very tough to catch the Twins.

Why? Sox could easily be 2 games back at the start of that series. 2 of 3 puts them a game back with 16 games to go. You're making this a lot tougher than it will need to be. There's still too much time left for talk like that.

Twins don't have the rotation, it's going to hurt their entire pitching staff the final two weeks because the bullpen will be overworked.

sox1970
09-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Why? Sox could easily be 2 games back at the start of that series. 2 of 3 puts them a game back with 16 games to go. You're making this a lot tougher than it will need to be. There's still too much time left for talk like that.

Twins don't have the rotation, it's going to hurt their entire pitching staff the final two weeks because the bullpen will be overworked.

Let's say the Rangers beat the Twins tomorrow since they are due. That puts the Twins at 79-58, with 25 games left. Here's what they would have left:

vs KC 2-1
at Cle 2-1
at Sox 1-2
vs Oak 2-1
vs Cle 2-1
at Det 1-2
at KC 2-1
vs Tor 2-2

A very conservative estimate 14-11 to finish 93-69.

The Sox don't want to play 163 in Minnesota, so they would have to go 19-8 the final 27 to finish 94-68. How will they have to do that without sweeping Minnesota:

at Bos 1-0
at Det 2-2
Vs KC 3-0
vs Min 2-1
vs Det 2-1
at Oak 2-1
at LAA 2-1
vs Bos 2-2
vs Cle 3-0

Could it happen? Yes, but the Sox are still facing very slim odds.

ChiSoxGirl
09-04-2010, 11:45 PM
They should change their name to "the Hydras". Once one goes down, it's a given that their replacement (who likely has bounced around from 5 different teams without ever getting above AA) will perform better than the guy who got injured did (Nathan may be an exception).

If that's the case, then maybe if they make it to the playoffs, Gardenhire should break every player's kneecaps. If they do, they might actually win a game in the ALDS.

:roflmao:

guillensdisciple
09-05-2010, 12:28 AM
**** the Twins and the hole they crawled out of.

EDIT:

They will fall, I know they will.

Nellie_Fox
09-05-2010, 01:02 AM
The sox may not be able to gain any ground if the twins keep winning.Thank you, Captain Obvious.

The twins are the luckiest team in baseball.Yeah, year after year, it's luck. Just luck. :rolleyes:

oeo
09-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Let's say the Rangers beat the Twins tomorrow since they are due. That puts the Twins at 79-58, with 25 games left. Here's what they would have left:

vs KC 2-1
at Cle 2-1
at Sox 1-2
vs Oak 2-1
vs Cle 2-1
at Det 1-2
at KC 2-1
vs Tor 2-2

A very conservative estimate 14-11 to finish 93-69.

The Sox don't want to play 163 in Minnesota, so they would have to go 19-8 the final 27 to finish 94-68. How will they have to do that without sweeping Minnesota:

at Bos 1-0
at Det 2-2
Vs KC 3-0
vs Min 2-1
vs Det 2-1
at Oak 2-1
at LAA 2-1
vs Bos 2-2
vs Cle 3-0

Could it happen? Yes, but the Sox are still facing very slim odds.

You're looking far too ahead. In this scenario, the Sox would be 1.5 out at the end of the Twins series, 1 game back in the loss column. Then it doesn't look so insurmountable all of a sudden. You can't look at it this way. When do these scenarios ever actually work out this way, for either side, anyway? Baseball is unpredictable, things can change drastically in the matter of a couple days. I mean, the Sox could be completely out of the race in a few days, or in a virtual tie. Take it a game at a time, Sox are still there without a major collapse from the Twins.

DirtySox
09-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Yeah, year after year, it's luck. Just luck. :rolleyes:

This is up there in overuse with pants pissing for me.

The Twins lucking themselves into 1st place and all. Never mind the fact they might actually have a good ballclub. It's definitely because they line their pockets with 4 leaf clovers, lucky horseshoes, and rabbit's feet. The White Sox are simply praying to the wrong baseball gods.

Chez
09-05-2010, 07:59 AM
This is up there in overuse with pants pissing for me.

The Twins lucking themselves into 1st place and all. Never mind the fact they might actually have a good ballclub. It's definitely because they line their pockets with 4 leaf clovers, lucky horseshoes, and rabbit's feet. The White Sox are simply praying to the wrong baseball gods.

I don't think the Twins considered themselves lucky when Nathan went down in Spring Training and Morneau shortly before the All Star break. The Twins are resilient, have a great farm system and are damn good.

WSox597
09-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Luck has nothing to do with it. The Twins are a good ball club, and they do the fundamental things right. They have a very good manager, too.

It's a great rivalry when you look at it without a Sox bias. Both teams can win on any day when playing each other.

The Twins did have that atrocious ball park as an advantage, but it's not a factor now.

I've never been to Minnesota, but people I know who have been there said the fans are very polite for the most part. No garbage on the field, no obscenities screamed at the players, no beer bottles thrown on the field, etc.

Unlike other ball parks we can all name.

Craig Grebeck
09-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Luck has nothing to do with it. The Twins are a good ball club, and they do the fundamental things right. They have a very good manager, too.

It's a great rivalry when you look at it without a Sox bias. Both teams can win on any day when playing each other.

The Twins did have that atrocious ball park as an advantage, but it's not a factor now.

I've never been to Minnesota, but people I know who have been there said the fans are very polite for the most part. No garbage on the field, no obscenities screamed at the players, no beer bottles thrown on the field, etc.

Unlike other ball parks we can all name.
I'd say that goes for almost every ballpark in MLB. Twins fans suck. And the new park is a ****hole.

JermaineDye05
09-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Rain Delay in Minny.

Wouldn't it just be there luck if the game got called and they are then able to skip Blackburn?

EnglishChiSox
09-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Rain Delay in Minny.

Wouldn't it just be there luck if the game got called and they are then able to skip Blackburn?

Apparently they were playing an Old Timers Game an hour ago???

09-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Yeah, year after year, it's luck. Just luck. :rolleyes:

You know what? You're absolutely right. It's completely normal to have a Brian Duensing throw a sub 2.3 ERA after posting a 4.5 ERA in his last two years in AAA. It's also completely normal for Danny Valencia to hit .340 after hitting .290 during his last 3 years in AAA.

Since these unrealistic progressions aren't due to luck, then there's no reason why Carlos Torres and Brent Morel (who both have similar minor league #'s as Duensing and Valencia) won't see the same success at the major league level.

SSrep
09-05-2010, 03:30 PM
2-0 Twins

JermaineDye05
09-05-2010, 03:44 PM
You know what? You're absolutely right. It's completely normal to have a Brian Duensing throw a sub 2.3 ERA after posting a 4.5 ERA in his last two years in AAA. It's also completely normal for Danny Valencia to hit .340 after hitting .290 during his last 3 years in AAA.

Since these unrealistic progressions aren't due to luck, then there's no reason why Carlos Torres and Brent Morel (who both have similar minor league #'s as Duensing and Valencia) won't see the same success at the major league level.

I think it's been well documented that the Twins develop players better than the Sox. It's not luck.

SSrep
09-05-2010, 03:47 PM
2-2!

DrCrawdad
09-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Twits load the bases with no outs in the bottom of the 2nd. At this moment, 3-2 Twits.

Can't anybody help a brother (ie, the White Sox) and beat the Twits?

SSrep
09-05-2010, 04:06 PM
only got 1 that inning...we'll take that

Rdy2PlayBall
09-05-2010, 05:02 PM
The Twins are just too good. I am no longer even interested in what the Sox do in the standings from now on, I just want them to stop looking like garbage and just give me some hope for next year.

Even with the Sox win, I feel the same way... btw.

Lip Man 1
09-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Sure the Twins get some luck from time to time with their call up's. I'd say it probably happens to every team sooner or later but eventually "luck" runs out yet their prospects and call-up's keep producing.

The Minnesota Twins have the best scouting staff in baseball and as Daver has so often said, they have one of the best minor league systems in baseball because they have instructors who teach the entire game...not just hitting for example AND they rarely ever move their prospects in season.

You start the season in A ball, you're going to finish the season in A ball regardless of if you hit .050 or .500. They don't rush kids, they let them learn their trade and it shows when they get the chance to play in the big leagues.

It's not that hard to figure out.

What Sox fans should be asking is, why don't the Sox copy their system? Why don't they hire their two or three top scouts regardless of what it costs and why don't they draft like they do?

Lip

Quentin08
09-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Tying run in the on-deck circle!

Quentin08
09-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Tying run on first place!! Let's Go Texas!!

harwar
09-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Vlad on deck

thomas35forever
09-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Bases loaded for Vlad!

goon
09-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Run(s) scored...

DrCrawdad
09-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Bases loaded for Vlad!

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/team/broadcasters/broadcaster_cws_harrelson.jpg
One time Vlad.

harwar
09-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Vlad got a hit but the twins win

hi im skot
09-05-2010, 06:11 PM
****ers.

goon
damnit, rangers lose.

thomas35forever
They're so damn lucky.

AlexRios51
How the **** is he out at third, a base running mistake or something?

oeo
Hate to get in this lucky or not lucky debate, but THAT was ****ing lucky.

chisoxfanatic
09-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Oh, well...It's not the end of the world. Thanks to our unlikely win, we still control our own destiny.

JermaineDye05
Tying run thrown out at third. Reminds me of the 2004 game against the Mariners where Brett Boone got thrown out at third by Timo.

DrCrawdad
Vlad got a hit but the twins win

Mauer goes 0fer today and they are facing a very good pitcher but the Twits still win. :angry:

sox1970
Young made the last out at 3rd base. :angry::angry::angry:

Quentin08
I was following on gameday, and all it said was "in play, run(s)".. so I thought for sure Texas had tied it up. Wow, that was depressing!

Harris=God
09-05-2010, 06:13 PM
What a Twins way to end the game. Vlad hits one up the middle run scores. young gets called out for touching the third base coach. As the replay showed the ump wasnt even looking at young when the slightest contact was made. What a BS finish :angry:

sox1970
What a Twins way to end the game. Vlad hits one up the middle run scores. young gets called out for touching the third base coach. As the replay showed the ump wasnt even looking at young when the slightest contact was made. What a BS finish :angry:

Are you ****ting me?

JermaineDye05
I was following on gameday, and all it said was "in play, run(s)".. so I thought for sure Texas had tied it up. Wow, that was depressing!

Yeah I was following on my phone. I was like with 2 outs and a man on second it had to be a tie game. I hate false hope.

Eastcoastsoxfan1
09-05-2010, 06:14 PM
ARE YOU BLEEPIN ME???:scratch:

the twins are the luckiest team in baseball

thomas35forever
:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

JermaineDye05

Wow, if that isn't luck. I don't know what is.

That's two games that Twinkie luck has won them. I don't know if that's as bad as the catwalk incident but it's damn close.

hi im skot

Un****ingreal.

Tragg
09-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Oh no, the Twins aren't lucky. Never the Twins.

It never ends with them.

hi im skot
09-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Just watching this on MLB Network...God, if I needed another reason to hate the Twins.

**** these asshats.

Tragg
09-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Unbelievable.

asindc
What bull****.:angry:

JermaineDye05
Wow, just saw the replay. That is total ****ing bull**** that only works out in the Twins favor.

For the record, we have no way of knowing that the next batter would have tied it anyways. Still that is so horrible. How the **** does an ump make that call to decide the game?

thomas35forever
09-05-2010, 06:18 PM
It's as if God WANTS the Twins to win.

SSrep
09-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Holy ****!!!!! That was unreal! Young was putting on the breaks, his hand every so slightly made contact with the third base coach. The ump calls him out for it. Oh my God

WhiteSoxOnly
09-05-2010, 06:20 PM
How many of these 48 guests do you think are Twinkie fans ?

Quentin08
Holy ****!!!!! That was unreal! Young was putting on the breaks, his hand every so slightly made contact with the third base coach. The ump calls him out for it. Oh my God

Must've had 6:00 dinner reservations! :angry:

hi im skot
It's as if God WANTS the Twins to win.

God is not a Twins fan.

DirtySox
Mother****ing divine intervention.

MarkZ35
09-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Only the Twins would win a game this way. Hopefully it will catch up with them soon

WhiteSoxOnly

Joe West ?

thomas35forever
God is not a Twins fan.
He must be if they're getting every single break.

roylestillman
09-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Eric Byrnes on MLB Network likened it to Dustin Johnson grounding his club in the "bunker."

ChicagoG19
Unreal call by that ump.
:chunks:

hi im skot

Nah God is just setting the Twins up for epic heartbreak.

Keep the faith...the Sox can still pull this out, and if they do, holy **** it's going to be sweet.

WhiteSoxOnly

So does he switch at playoff time ?

thomas35forever
09-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Okay then. He's only a Twins fan during the regular season.

DrCrawdad
09-05-2010, 06:24 PM

Are you ****ting me?

ARE YOU BLEEPIN ME???:scratch:

Just watching this on MLB Network...God, if I needed another reason to hate the Twins.

**** these asshats.

What bull****.:angry:

Unreal call by that ump.
:chunks:

http://nl.image-1.filmtrailer.com/29350.jpg
"Cluster cuss!"

hi im skot
http://nl.image-1.filmtrailer.com/29350.jpg
"Cluster cuss!"

Awesome.

asindc

Well played, sir.

Tragg
09-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Eric Byrnes on MLB Network likened it to Dustin Johnson grounding his club in the "bunker."
That actually can give you a big advantage in the bunker.
This was incidental.

The Twins will pay for wheeling Capps out there game after game.
Maybe the Royals will whip their ass in one of these late series.

bunty_doghunter
09-05-2010, 06:25 PM
They had the fans blowing out.

Chez
09-05-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm not one to usually credit luck for the Twins successes, but that call was ridiculous.

DrCrawdad
09-05-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm not one to usually credit luck for the Twins successes, but that call was ridiculous.

http://static.flickr.com/39/101821794_9f89aa962b_m.jpg

downstairs
09-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Mother****ing divine intervention.

Divine intervention is when a random gust of wind gives you a GW home run in the bottom of the ninth.

Though they think they are, umps are not Gods. They're human, and apparently with some bizarre adgenda to be a bigger part of the game than the actual game on the field.

I hope MLB reverses the call and calls a forfiet, giving the game to the Rangers.

DirtySox
09-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Divine intervention is when a random gust of wind gives you a GW home run in the bottom of the ninth.

Though they think they are, umps are not Gods. They're human, and apparently with some bizarre adgenda to be a bigger part of the game than the actual game on the field.

I hope MLB reverses the call and calls a forfiet, giving the game to the Rangers.

I'm well aware of what it is. I'm just playing along with all the people that think the Twins only win because of lucky bounces, duck snorts, and the baseball gods.

MLB won't reverse anything.

bunty_doghunter
09-05-2010, 06:57 PM
...and it will happen after a passionate appeal by the tooth fairy and Easter bunny.

downstairs
09-05-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm well aware of what it is. I'm just playing along with all the people that think the Twins only win because of lucky bounces, duck snorts, and the baseball gods.

MLB won't reverse anything.

Gotcha. Yeah, the Twinkies just won't lose. I'm just livid on another renegade call at the end of a game that an ump should just KNOW not to call.

Perfect game? You better be safe by 2 seconds or its just an out. End of game, any "interferrence call" better be the coach wrapping his arms around the runner and throwing him back to the base. Otherwise it just didn't happen.

Or, if you want a dead-on, inch by inch interpretation of the rules, fine. In that case you need instant replay for everything, computerized strike/ball calls, and no more "its just baseball" stuff like the phantom out at second during a double play.

I don't necessarily want that, but you can't have it both ways.

tstrike2000
09-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Thank you Texas Rangers for doing absolutely nothing this weekend.

hawkjt
09-05-2010, 07:13 PM
The ump that made this call, Orlando Marquez, is one that we have had trouble with before. I cannot remember the specific incidents but I know he has had run-ins with Ozzie,and has made some horrible calls on the Sox.

The rule states,'' in an umpires judgement if the first or third base coach makes contact that assists a runner then the runner is out''

I have never seen that called before, and there is no way the coach ''assisted'' the baserunner back to third...their hands had glancing contact....horrible call. You could see that the ump was watching for the call at third and then saw this contact only out of the corner of his eye,because of the angle, and decided to make a name for himself by injecting himself into a win for the twins....THAT IS BS!!

bunty_doghunter
09-05-2010, 10:13 PM
If it weren't for the umpires, we'd win every game.

Daver
09-05-2010, 10:37 PM
The Minnesota Twins have the best scouting staff in baseball

Tough call, the Dodgers have a great scouting staff, whereas the Twins have more scouts because they have so many part time scouts, for every player most teams scout the Twins scout five. It is a lot easier to draft intelligently when your knowledge base is five times larger than the other teams.

PeteWard
09-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Okay then. He's only a Twins fan during the regular season.

Obviously Satan is in charge here.

BigHurt3515
09-05-2010, 10:48 PM
If you look at the replay closely, the ump wasnt even looking at Young and the 3rd base coach at the time it supposively happened

Foulke You
09-05-2010, 11:02 PM
If you look at the replay closely, the ump wasnt even looking at Young and the 3rd base coach at the time it supposively happened
I noticed that as well. When the "ever so slight" contact on Young's hand hits the coach, the ump is looking away, presumably at the incoming throw. It makes me wonder if someone on the Twins was yelling at the ump about it and he just made an idiotic reaction call. In all my years watching baseball, I have never seen this called.

However, old Gardy won't admit that they caught a break. No sir, in his post game comments he thinks that call is "automatic" for the ump to make. After I wiped the tears from my eyes laughing at that comment, I thought of how Gardy's head would have exploded had the Twins lost the game on a play like that. I'm thinking he wouldn't be calling the play "automatic". I hate Gardenhire, I hate the Twins, and I hate the Baseball Gods right now. For those who want to laugh at Gardy's full comments, you can read it right here:

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100905&content_id=14314188&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=tex

Nellie_Fox
09-06-2010, 01:48 AM
And the new park is a ****hole.Saying stuff like this does nothing for your credibility.

pipdipchip
09-06-2010, 01:57 AM
I'll admit the call was iffy at best. Also, I think he would have been safe at 3rd although it was pretty close.

However, the 1st and 3rd base coaches should never be involved with a play. Young was barreling towards Anderson and he just continued to stand there with his hand out. They both had their hands out and they touched each other, if only for a split second.

RadioheadRocks
09-06-2010, 03:12 AM
If nothing else that call proves the Twins have horseshoes up their collective asses.

DrCrawdad
09-06-2010, 09:03 AM
http://static.flickr.com/39/101821794_9f89aa962b_m.jpg

If nothing else that call proves the Twins have horseshoes up their collective asses.

Indeed!

SOX ADDICT '73
09-06-2010, 11:22 AM
There's the bitter irony: MLB only reverses decisions after tearful appeals by Twins' players (see 2008 game 163 coinflip whine-fest).

DrCrawdad
09-06-2010, 11:32 AM
There's the bitter irony: MLB only reverses decisions after tearful appeals by Twins' players (see 2008 game 163 coinflip whine-fest).

So true. The Twins, their team, management, broadcasters and fans sure know how to whine. Check this out from the SB Nation "TwinkieTown:" (http://www.twinkietown.com/2010/9/5/1671693/lonestar-ball-it-wasnt-interference#)

"Keeping in mind...we’re still in a tight race. and we’re watching Chicago beat a bunch of teams that don’t give a **** anymore, and then get to listen about how they’re the best damn team in the world, and they’re SO going to overtake us, even though they **** their pants when they play us."

This our schedule is tougher than theirs has been the meme from the Twinkies. I heard Burp Blyleven belch about that in a Sox nationally broadcast game (the opponent was NOT the Twinkies).

The Twinkies opponent today? The Royals. And before this latest series with Texas they played Detroit and Seattle.

soltrain21
09-06-2010, 11:38 AM
So true. The Twins, their team, management, broadcasters and fans sure know how to whine. Check this out from the SB Nation "TwinkieTown:" (http://www.twinkietown.com/2010/9/5/1671693/lonestar-ball-it-wasnt-interference#)

This our schedule is tougher than theirs has been the meme from the Twinkies. I heard Burp Blyleven belch about that in a Sox nationally broadcast game (the opponent was NOT the Twinkies).

The Twinkies opponent today? The Royals. And before this latest series with Texas they played Detroit and Seattle.

Well. He is right. We do "**** our pants" when we play them.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-06-2010, 11:38 AM

God, you would have thought that MLB murdered Joe Nathan's dog, the way he was complaining and bitching about it.

Well, whatever. Their luck HAS to run out sometime. No team can possibly be THIS lucky for THIS long.

DrCrawdad
09-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Well. He is right. We do "**** our pants" when we play them.

In that one point, yes. But the our schedule is tougher is BS and flies in the face of who they played immediately before the TX series and whom they play now.

DrCrawdad
09-06-2010, 11:47 AM
God, you would have thought that MLB murdered Joe Nathan's dog, the way he was complaining and bitching about it.

Darn straight! The Twits whole pot - players, management, fans, broadcasters and media - whined about that 163rd game and have not stopped whining about it since. Interesting that Gardenhire and Twit fans are now saying about the (bad) call yesterday, 'the rule is the rule' when first that's an improper comparison. That was the rule about the 163rd game, then. But that hasn't stopped them from whining about it. Then they keep saying ANY contact and the runner is automatically out. That's not the freaking rule, Twits!

Lip Man 1
09-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Crawdad:

I think I read somewhere (ESPN.com?) that Minnesota plays 18 games against teams under .500 the rest of the season.

Lip

DrCrawdad
09-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Crawdad:

I think I read somewhere (ESPN.com?) that Minnesota plays 18 games against teams under .500 the rest of the season.

Lip

A lot gets said by Sox detractors (and often here by WSI posters who are allegedly Sox fans) that the Sox (players, management, broadcasters and fans) have a "chip on their shoulder" and gripe about things being unfair to the Sox. But my goodness the Twits do more than their fair share of that.

DirtySox
09-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Crawdad:

Lip

Remaining Twins Schedule:

3 vs KC
3 @ CLE
3 @ CWS
3 vs OAK
3 vs CLE
3 @ DET
3 @ KC
4 vs TOR

guillensdisciple
09-06-2010, 02:33 PM
2-0 Royals.

**** yourselves Twins.

DirtySox
09-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Now 2 - 1 KC.

SSrep
09-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Fortunate it's 2-1 going to the 3rd. O'Sullivan walked the bases loaded and fell behind the next guy 3-1. He got a sac fly and a line out after that.

JermaineDye05
09-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Tied up.

Did anyone honestly think 2 runs from the Royals would be enough against the Twins?

guillensdisciple
09-06-2010, 03:38 PM
In to the bullpen in the fifth. That's struggling.

JermaineDye05
09-06-2010, 03:40 PM
In to the bullpen in the fifth. That's struggling.

It doesn't matter. They'll still get four more shutout innings.

JermaineDye05
09-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Kubel homers.

4-2 Twins.

MarkZ35
09-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Too many missed opportunities by the Royals.

thomas35forever
09-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Too many missed opportunities by the Royals.
Did you expect anything different?