mzh
09-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Make it happen, Kenny!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=sh-priorcomeback090110

eriqjaffe
09-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Make it happen, Kenny!

I'd be all for giving him a spring training invite - there's no harm in that, and maybe there'd be a bit of lightning left in the bottle. You can never have too many bullpen arms.

Pablo_Honey
09-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Coop'll fix'em!

JermaineDye05
09-02-2010, 04:54 PM
If Peavy recovers (Big if), our rotation is set and scary.

DrCrawdad
09-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Make it happen, Kenny!

I would have no problem with The Employee (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=122406) getting an invite to ST and a minor league contract.

Red Barchetta
09-02-2010, 07:17 PM

What scares me is that Peavy's lat muscle was pulled off the bone. Doesn't scar tissue form during the natural healing process? I've never heard of a pitcher suffering from his particular injury, so although I hope for the best, KW needs to plan for the worst. Edwin Jackson was a great first step in that plan!

rainbow6
09-02-2010, 08:10 PM

If Peavey appears to be recovered in time for '11 I fully expect one of the "big ticket" starting pitchers to be moved before opening day for some offence.

Do have the budget to have a 50=60 million dollar rotation? The math doesn't seem to work out...

Hope I'm wrong though...

Rdy2PlayBall
09-02-2010, 08:15 PM
If Peavey appears to be recovered in time for '11 I fully expect one of the "big ticket" starting pitchers to be moved before opening day for some offence.

Do have the budget to have a 50=60 million dollar rotation? The math doesn't seem to work out...

Hope I'm wrong though...The Sox offense has been good this season. :scratch:
One free agent and this team is set. Fix the little things and don't get rid of what doesn't need to be fixed.

To stop the hijack... I hope he does good and get's back into the MLB. Having talent then no longer being able to use it must have been a difficult few years for Prior.

Craig Grebeck
09-02-2010, 08:18 PM
The Sox offense has been good this season. :scratch:
One free agent and this team is set. Fix the little things and don't get rid of what doesn't need to be fixed.

To stop the hijack... I hope he does good and get's back into the MLB. Having talent then no longer being able to use it must have been a difficult few years for Prior.
Assuming the offense, with everyone returning, would score as many runs as this season is a rather untenable argument.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Assuming the offense, with everyone returning, would score as many runs as this season is a rather untenable argument.Yea, I guess I should be assuming they would have more runs, since the bad start. Good point.

Craig Grebeck
09-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Yea, I guess I should be assuming they would have more runs, since the bad start. Good point.
Heh. No, I wouldn't expect more runs from the same guys.

WhiteSox5187
09-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Heh. No, I wouldn't expect more runs from the same guys.

The only guy I would expect significantly less out of is Omar and if Omar comes back it's because of his defense. Konerko isn't going to go nuts like he has this year, but if he stays healthy it's not out of the question he hits 30 and drives in 90. Everyone else has hit around their career numbers except for AJ.

SOXfnNlansing
09-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Not to sound insensative, but **** mark prior!

ps: it was a nice read though.

Craig Grebeck
09-02-2010, 08:59 PM
The only guy I would expect significantly less out of is Omar and if Omar comes back it's because of his defense. Konerko isn't going to go nuts like he has this year, but if he stays healthy it's not out of the question he hits 30 and drives in 90. Everyone else has hit around their career numbers except for AJ.
Agree to disagree. At some point guys become too old for talk of "career averages."

Rockin Robin
09-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Not to sound insensative, but **** mark prior!

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/U/moran.jpg

rainbow6
09-02-2010, 09:12 PM
The Sox offense has been good this season. :scratch:

I'm unsure what you mean. My post had nothing to do with this season - I was wondering if the Sox could afford to carry three 10 million dollar SP's in the rotation. I made no comment about the offence this year.

Paul Konerko is not under contract next season. Nor is a DH. Those are offensive positions that will need to be filled, no? And they will cost many millions of dollars?

"Not getting rid of what doesn't need to be fixed" is not always under the teams control when you are dealing with impending free agency.

We will have glaring offensive holes to fill come seasons end.

WhiteSox5187
09-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Agree to disagree. At some point guys become too old for talk of "career averages."

Age is certainly an issue, but guys like Rios, Beckham and Alexei are all under thirty and should have a couple of more productive years left. Plus, Herm Schnieder does a good job of keeping guys healthy and productive and none of our older guys have a history of injury. But the window gets smaller and smaller every year.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-02-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm unsure what you mean. My post had nothing to do with this season - I was wondering if the Sox could afford to carry three 10 million dollar SP's in the rotation. I made no comment about the offence this year.

Paul Konerko is not under contract next season. Nor is a DH. Those are offensive positions that will need to be filled, no? And they will cost many millions of dollars?

"Not getting rid of what doesn't need to be fixed" is not always under the teams control when you are dealing with impending free agency.

We will have glaring offensive holes to fill come seasons end.Lol. When I say the offense was fine this team, that means I don't think it needs that much help (which have everything to do with next year).
Yea, their free agents might be a problem... but it's not like any of them are going into the offseason looking for more than they already made. It's not like PK is some kind of great deal, the guy is making a ton of money.

WhiteSox5187
09-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Lol. When I say the offense was fine this team, that means I don't think it needs that much help (which have everything to do with next year).
Yea, their free agents might be a problem... but it's not like any of them are going into the offseason looking for more than they already made. It's not like PK is some kind of great deal, the guy is making a ton of money.

He is making a lot of money and we won't be able to bring him back at anything close to what we're paying him now. If he stays here he'll have to take a big discount.