PDA

View Full Version : Marlins/Nats Brawl

JermaineDye05
09-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Just saw it on BBTN. Ugly.

Nyger Morgan was hit and then later thrown behind. Despite that, he's the one coming across as an asshat.

Weird coming from two teams who are well out of it.

video not up yet.

Here's a link (http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100901&content_id=14192232&vkey=news_was&fext=.jsp&c_id=was) to the story.

Gaby Sanchez with the take down and save of the year.

EDIT: The video is now up on the link I posted earlier.

AlexRios51
09-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Dammit I'm like 5 minutes late, I hope they show it again.

DSpivack
09-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Not a surprise?

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/2010/09/will-marlins-retaliate-for-morgans-hit-antics.html

twentywontowin
09-01-2010, 09:29 PM
If Morgan lands that charging punch square, that goes down as one of the best knockouts in baseball history. That was solid.

JB98
09-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Sanchez got a pretty good clothesline in on Morgan. All that was missing was the leap from the top pylon.

JermaineDye05
09-01-2010, 09:31 PM
I agree with the Marlins announcers. Something needs to be done about Morgan. Just the other week he tried hitting Molina for no reason.

JB98
09-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I agree with the Marlins announcers. Something needs to be done about Morgan. Just the other week he tried hitting Molina for no reason.

Dude stole both second and third during a 14-3 game. He was obviously trying to pad his own stats. Can't blame the Marlins for dealing with the situation as they did.

ilsox7
09-01-2010, 09:33 PM

I saw it live in MLB Network. The Marlins announcers went off. When they went back to the MLB studios, it was interesting to hear the entire story. Looks like Morgan cheap-shotted Molina the other week. But the play last night did not look like a cheap shot, but the Marlins hit him the right way. Then Morgan stole 2 bases, which I think it totally OK after getting hit. Then the Marlins throw behind him? One too many if you ask me. But I did not like Morgan walking off the field the way he did. That was him being a punk.

SoxSpeed22
09-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I saw the Cards-Nats game on Saturday, where Morgan ran into Bryan Anderson (Cards backup catcher) for no reason. There was no play and Anderson stepped up to give him the plate, and he had to go back to touch home plate. He just seems like an ass.

y2j2785
09-01-2010, 09:40 PM
I see that this guy is already appealing a 7 game suspension so I don't see how this is going to help his appeal...he's probably looking at being suspended for 10-15 days if you figure in his 7 gamer already. He looked like a total asshat after that brawl...especially with all his showboating to the Marlins fans. Is he trying to be Milton Bradley 2.0?

GoGoCrede
09-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Morgan had a douche reaction walking off the field. Nice hot dogging there.

OmahaSoxFan
09-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Have to love the clothesline that Sanchez hit on Morgan after he swiped at Volstad...

Morgan's reaction as he left the field was a very classless move, if him charging the mound wasn't bad enough. He should easily get suspended for 4-5-6 games, if not more (his actions as he left the field should actually get him 2-3 more).

Pablo_Honey
09-01-2010, 09:52 PM
What an awesome pro wrestling match! Sanchez took him out clean! Oh wait, this is baseball?

happydude
09-01-2010, 09:53 PM
No problem with Morgan or the Marlins. If the Marlins thought Morgan unnecessarily ran over and injured their catcher then I can understand why they threw at him the next day; I can also understand Morgan's response to his beaning by stealing bases in a blowout. I can't blame him for charging the mound when Volstad threw behind him, either.

He'd have been better served simply walking off the field without the gestures after his ejection but he was on enemy turf and emotions can be difficult to control in the heat of battle.

Frankly, although those teams aren't any good I wouldn't mind having a little of the fire they both showed on our Sox.

Marqhead
09-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Wait, what?

"The Marlins hit Morgan in a professional manner."

Lol at the Marlins announcing staff. What the hell is wrong with Morgan playing hard with his team down by 11? People are hypocrites.

Morgan is an asshat no doubt, but really?

Marqhead
09-01-2010, 10:10 PM
No problem with Morgan or the Marlins. If the Marlins thought Morgan unnecessarily ran over and injured their catcher then I can understand why they threw at him the next day; I can also understand Morgan's response to his beaning by stealing bases in a blowout. I can't blame him for charging the mound when Volstad threw behind him, either.

He'd have been better served simply walking off the field without the gestures after his ejection but he was on enemy turf and emotions can be difficult to control in the heat of battle.

Frankly, although those teams aren't any good I wouldn't mind having a little of the fire they both showed on our Sox.

Amen.

You said it better than I, and sooner.

If Morgan's response to getting hit is to make the Marlins look bad by stealing twice and scoring than good for him.

thomas35forever
09-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Morgan proved tonight he's a big douche. Guess when you're only good for swiping bags, you gotta do something to make up for your otherwise ****ty arsenal as a ballplayer.

Pablo_Honey
09-01-2010, 10:24 PM

Wait, what?

"The Marlins hit Morgan in a professional manner."

Lol at the Marlins announcing staff. What the hell is wrong with Morgan playing hard with his team down by 11? People are hypocrites.

Morgan is an asshat no doubt, but really?

Here's the video clip that started this whole tension between the two sides: http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=11578087

When it's a close play like that, you slide. You don't run straight into a catcher unless there is no need to slide (Throw is still a long way from home, catcher is not covering the plate, etc). Morgan ****ed up and injured a catcher, and then he showed no remorse by stealing bases after being hit. I'd have done the same thing the Marlins did. This punk looks like he just wants to taste blood. Just my two very personal cents.

JermaineDye05
09-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Here's the video clip that started this whole tension between the two sides: http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=11578087

When it's a close play like that, you slide. You don't run straight into a catcher unless there is no need to slide (Throw is still a long way from home, catcher is not covering the plate, etc). Morgan ****ed up and injured a catcher, and then he showed no remorse by stealing bases after being hit. I'd have done the same thing the Marlins did. This punk looks like he just wants to taste blood. Just my two very personal cents.

Delmon Young did the same thing to AJ in the game Thornton blew.

Marqhead
09-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Delmon Young did the same thing to AJ in the game Thornton blew.

I disagree. Haynes is standing more over the plate than AJ was, and Morgan went for the body where Young went for the head.

I have no problem with this play. I can see the "slide" argument, but in a split second close play I don't have a problem with it.

JermaineDye05
09-01-2010, 10:34 PM
I disagree. Haynes is standing more over the plate than AJ was, and Morgan went for the body where Young went for the head.

I have no problem with this play. I can see the "slide" argument, but in a split second close play I don't have a problem with it.

I was thinking about the play with the Cardinals catcher.

Marqhead
09-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I was thinking about the play with the Cardinals catcher.

I must have missed that one.

Domeshot17
09-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Morgan is a douche, it is okay. He won't have a job soon. He is not a very good baseball player.

How about the coach, Pat Listach, trying to brawl? What a disgrace.

It must suck to be a Nats fan. Your best hitter is leaving for FA, your savior pitcher just blew out his arm, you have to deal with Nyjer Morgan, your coaching staff is a disgrace and your GM doesn't have a clue what he is doing. And to really top it off, your new superstar catching prospect is said to be a terrible team mate who really has bought into his own hype.

I wonder how many Nats fans would mark return to sender on the team, send um back to Canada.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Morgan is a douche, it is okay. He won't have a job soon. He is not a very good baseball player.

It must suck to be a Nats fan. Your best hitter is leaving for FA, your savior pitcher just blew out his arm, you have to deal with Nyjer Morgan, your coaching staff is a disgrace and your GM doesn't have a clue what he is doing. And to really top it off, your new superstar catching prospect is said to be a terrible team mate who really has bought into his own hype.

I wonder how many Nats fans would mark return to sender on the team, send um back to Canada.I know it's wrong to judge a book by it's cover, but that guy has "douche" written all over him.

Get rid of that **** on your face and wait until you get a hit against real pitching before you even think about getting cocky.

Marqhead
09-01-2010, 10:49 PM

That was ridiculous. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he got pushed into Volstad, but it certainly doesn't look like it. He's a coach, stay the **** out of it and separate the players.

beasly213
09-01-2010, 10:56 PM
That was ridiculous. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he got pushed into Volstad, but it certainly doesn't look like it. He's a coach, stay the **** out of it and separate the players.

Bull ****. He's protecting one of his teammates. What was he supposed to do? Watch his player get punched in the faced after he got cheap shotted from the Marlins first baseman?

Marqhead
09-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Bull ****. He's protecting one of his teammates. What was he supposed to do? Watch his player get punched in the faced after he got cheap shotted from the Marlins first baseman?

How was Morgan cheap shotted by the 1st baseman!?!? He charged the mound!

A coach should be above the fight, think Don Zimmerman.

Pablo_Honey
09-01-2010, 11:08 PM
I know it's wrong to judge a book by it's cover, but that guy has "douche" written all over him.
I totally agree with you. I thought the same thing when I first saw him talk. Arrogance at its finest. This kid could turn out to be a Billy Beane by letting himself no room for error or somebody like Lastings Milledge by being the biggest d-bag to ever don the uniform.

And you could say Sanchez was protecting Volstad. I can understand players getting involved in fights, but coaches? Um, aren't they supposed to be mentor figures? If they join and brawl with the youngsters, then it sets a bad example. Not to mention, players are in prime condition, coaches aren't.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-01-2010, 11:14 PM
And you could say Sanchez was protecting Volstad. I can understand players getting involved in fights, but coaches? Um, aren't they supposed to be mentor figures? If they join and brawl with the youngsters, then it sets a bad example. Not to mention, players are in prime condition, coaches aren't.I would be fine with him being on top of him and all... but he was throwing punches also. That can't happen.

happydude
09-01-2010, 11:35 PM

I don't disagree. But you have to keep in mind the possibility that Morgan didn't see anything "dirty" about his play and, if thats the case, didn't believe he had a plunking coming. Thus his response to said plunking was appropriate in his mind. (I have to confess I never see a problem with guys stealing bases in any situation or, in other sports, running up the score. If you don't like it stop it with better play.)

I definitely believe charging the mound is ok as a response to an intentional beanball; in this case, Morgan wasn't actually hit but not due to lack of effort on Volstad's part. I know guys don't like Morgan and feel he's a jerk but, in my view, nothing he did was inappropriate. The Marlins' conduct was fine, too.

Marqhead
09-01-2010, 11:37 PM
I don't disagree. But you have to keep in mind the possibility that Morgan probably didn't see anything "dirty" about his play and probably didn't believe he had a plunking coming. Thus his response to said plunking was appropriate in his mind. (I have to confess I never see a problem with guys stealing bases in any situation or, in other sports, running up the score. If you don't like it stop it with better play.)

I definitely believe charging the mound is ok as a response to an intentional beanball. I know guys don't like Morgan and feel he's a bad guy but, in my view, nothing he did was inappropriate.

I don't understand this point at all (made by others, not happydude). The NATIONALS were losing by 11 runs. Morgan plays for the NATIONALS. How is stealing bases down by 11 even considered a douche move.

happydude
09-01-2010, 11:50 PM
I don't understand this point at all (made by others, not happydude). The NATIONALS were losing by 11 runs. Morgan plays for the NATIONALS. How is stealing bases down by 11 even considered a douche move.

Its one of those "unwritten rules" along with the various acts that come under the category of "showing up" a competitor. I assume it has something to do with some idea (false, in my view) of sportsmanship.

I don't agree with it at all; particularly when it comes to professional sports where we're talking about adults performing paid work. As long as the game is being played, I think everyone should continue to do their very best.

Madvora
09-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Here's the link to the fight
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=11623679&topic_id=8879976&c_id=mlb

illinibk
09-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Its one of those "unwritten rules" along with the various acts that come under the category of "showing up" a competitor. I assume it has something to do with some idea (false, in my view) of sportsmanship.

I don't agree with it at all; particularly when it comes to professional sports where we're talking about adults performing paid work. As long as the game is being played, I think everyone should continue to do their very best.
Down by 11 and stealing a bases isn't a big deal to me, so I don't understand the drama-queenery from the Marlins announcers. What I don't get is why the Marlins were even holding him on to first or second with an 11 run lead. At that point, I would expect fielder's indifference.

GAsoxfan
09-02-2010, 08:46 AM
I would be fine with him being on top of him and all... but he was throwing punches also. That can't happen.

I have absolutely no problem with the coach. He was clearly protecting Morgan. From the video I saw, he never really threw a punch. What was he supposed to do, leave Morgan all alone in a sea of Marlins to get his ass beat? Him staying out of it would have been a disgrace.

Craig Grebeck
09-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Unwritten rules are probably -- no, definitely -- the worst part about baseball.

GAsoxfan
09-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Unwritten rules are probably -- no, definitely -- the worst part about baseball.

I agree. If they want players to stop trying to win when you're down a certain amount, they should just institute a Mercy rule. Until then, trying to win shouldn't be an issue.

NDSox12
09-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Down by 11 and stealing a bases isn't a big deal to me, so I don't understand the drama-queenery from the Marlins announcers. What I don't get is why the Marlins were even holding him on to first or second with an 11 run lead. At that point, I would expect fielder's indifference.

It was only the 4th inning, so you don't want to let the other team take bases at will. I don't have a problem with Morgan running. His antics leaving the field are the only issue I have with him from last night. His reckless attacks of catchers is a different story.

g0g0
09-02-2010, 11:03 AM

I agree - these guys are supposed to be the best of the best baseball players. Suck it up and take the beating like men.

Pablo_Honey
09-02-2010, 11:34 AM
I've got no problem with guys trying their best to win the game, but Morgan got plunked and was let on the base for a reason. The Marlins simply retaliated for what happened the night before and settled the score with that HBP in the 4th. Instead of calling it even, Morgan proceeded to steal two bases which could easily have been interpreted as a giant "**** you" to the Marlins. Hence my beef with Morgan's behaviours.

Ugh, well I guess I developed an averse reaction to guys stealing bases at every opportunity after having to watch that godawful Carlos Gomez do that to us one too many times. Anybody that is similar to Carlos Gomez inspires rage in me.

hi im skot
09-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Nyjer Morgan did nothing wrong by stealing 2nd and 3rd last night. It was the fourth inning at that point, and the Nationals did eventually get within five runs.

Morgan did the right thing by trying to get his team back into the game. If he gets to pad his stats on top of it, good for him.

The only thing he did wrong last night was acting like an asshat as he left the field.

mzh
09-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Didn't Ozzie call out the Marlins for stealing bases earlier this year while up by 9? And got lambasted for it? ****ing hypocrites...

That said, it doesn't matter whether Morgan thought his play the day before was dirty or not, he pulled a Pete Rose on a borderline major leaguer finally getting his shot. He had it coming. I don't blame them. And if it is and "unwritten rule" about showing up a team by stealing bases in a blowout (not being a major league baseball player I wouldn't know too well), he had it coming both ways. Guy's a major league asshat.

doublem23
09-02-2010, 12:22 PM

I've never heard it apply to the losing team.

If you're up by 11 and you're still stealing bases... yeah, that's kind of a dick move.

soltrain21
09-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Didn't Ozzie call out the Marlins for stealing bases earlier this year while up by 9? And got lambasted for it? ****ing hypocrites...

That said, it doesn't matter whether Morgan thought his play the day before was dirty or not, he pulled a Pete Rose on a borderline major leaguer finally getting his shot. He had it coming. I don't blame them. And if it is and "unwritten rule" about showing up a team by stealing bases in a blowout (not being a major league baseball player I wouldn't know too well), he had it coming both ways. Guy's a major league asshat.

But his team was losing in the blowout. He has every right to steal a base and try to get his team going. There is no clock in baseball.

mzh
09-02-2010, 12:36 PM
But his team was losing in the blowout. He has every right to steal a base and try to get his team going. There is no clock in baseball.
Hey, I agree, it's stupid. Maybe the Marlins were still pissed about him injuring their starting catcher. But if they weren't, and the stolen bases were the reason, as I said, they're hypocrites.

Pablo_Honey
09-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Hey, I agree, it's stupid. Maybe the Marlins were still pissed about him injuring their starting catcher. But if they weren't, and the stolen bases were the reason, as I said, they're hypocrites.
The way I see it, when a player gets plunked for a d-bag move, he should avoid trying to provoke the other side. I'll use a very hypothetical situation to explain my point/opinion:

1) Denard Span hits and injures Tyler Flowers.
2) Next day, Edwin Jackson retaliates by hitting Span.
3) Span steals base twice and scores on a sac fly.

How do you feel about Span? Pissed off, unless you are very very very level-headed. All righty, then, imagine this slightly different hypothetical situation:

3) Span scores on a double.

Now, how do you feel about Span? Not as upset. Span doesn't do much besides scoring on a double which is more on Jackson and the hitter. Tensions go down, benches don't clear.

GAsoxfan
09-02-2010, 01:13 PM
The way I see it, when a player gets plunked for a d-bag move, he should avoid trying to provoke the other side. I'll use a very hypothetical situation to explain my point/opinion:

How do you feel about Span? Pissed off, unless you are very very very level-headed. All righty, then, imagine this slightly different hypothetical situation:

Now, how do you feel about Span? Not as upset. Span doesn't do much besides scoring on a double which is more on Jackson and the hitter. Tensions go down, benches don't clear.

I'm pissed at the catcher and pitcher for letting him steal second and third.

So are people who have an issue with Morgan stealing bases basically saying the retaliation is not getting plunked, it's getting plunked and then taking a time out until the ball is put in play? That, IMO, is ridiculous. The beaning is the payback. Once that occurs, everything is square and normal play resumes.

Marqhead
09-02-2010, 01:22 PM
I've got no problem with guys trying their best to win the game, but Morgan got plunked and was let on the base for a reason. The Marlins simply retaliated for what happened the night before and settled the score with that HBP in the 4th. Instead of calling it even, Morgan proceeded to steal two bases which could easily have been interpreted as a giant "**** you" to the Marlins. Hence my beef with Morgan's behaviours.

Ugh, well I guess I developed an averse reaction to guys stealing bases at every opportunity after having to watch that godawful Carlos Gomez do that to us one too many times. Anybody that is similar to Carlos Gomez inspires rage in me.

I know I'm not going to change your mind, but in my opinion the play at the plate the night before was not as cut and dry as people are making it out to be. In Morgan's mind he did nothing wrong but make a hard play. Yes it is unfortunate that the catcher got injured, but that's the game of baseball.

So the Marlins decide to hit him which is evening the score from their mindset, but Morgan feels he did nothing wrong so why not try and make them pay by scoring? Not to mention his team is already losing by a large margin.

If a guy has the ability to steal bases that easily, he should do it, he's playing the game hard.

Morgan has other instances that make him look like a cockbag (throwing the ball at a fan in the outfield) but separating this series of events from his past actions and his *******-ishness while leaving the field I think he's completely justified.

Chez
09-02-2010, 01:27 PM

Many people on this board would somehow blame Kotsay for this!

Pablo_Honey
09-02-2010, 01:48 PM
That, IMO, is ridiculous. The beaning is the payback. Once that occurs, everything is square and normal play resumes.
Going by the written and unwritten rules, yes, once you get hit, the retaliation is done. I agree with that. The problem is that, tension builds up during all this. Getting bases stolen is annoying and it is bound to worsen the tension between the two teams. I do think the Marlins aren't 100% innocent in this, but if I were Morgan, I'd rather try to not piss anyone off so that no one needs to get ejected from the game.

I know I'm not going to change your mind, but in my opinion the play at the plate the night before was not as cut and dry as people are making it out to be. In Morgan's mind he did nothing wrong but make a hard play. Yes it is unfortunate that the catcher got injured, but that's the game of baseball.
I think sliding should be an automatic reaction to avoid head-on collisions. Freak injuries do happen even with slides, like how Carlos Santana got injured from a clean slide that just caught his leg at a bad angle. Morgan had time to slide (You can see Hanley not getting rid of the ball right away) but he just ran straight into Hayes.

Anyways, there's no point in me getting so overworked about this. It's not like a Sox catcher got mauled over. Let's just agree to disagree.

Many people on this board would somehow blame Kotsay for this!
Well played sir :tiphat:

rdwj
09-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Next time the Marlins face Nyjer Morgan - I hope they throw at him again

Marqhead
09-02-2010, 01:57 PM
I think sliding should be an automatic reaction to avoid head-on collisions. Freak injuries do happen even with slides, like how Carlos Santana got injured from a clean slide that just caught his leg at a bad angle. Morgan had time to slide (You can see Hanley not getting rid of the ball right away) but he just ran straight into Hayes.

Anyways, there's no point in me getting so overworked about this. It's not like a Sox catcher got mauled over. Let's just agree to disagree.

I think he probably should have slid, but I think it was a split second decision. He looks back at the play clearly, but I don't think he knows the accuracy of the throw and it looks like he's decided on a collision before the ball gets there with the catch on the plate.

I was overworked last night for whatever reason, maybe I was just in the mood for an argument. :D: I actually find this to be a very intriguing discussion of how people feel about situations and unwritten rules.

Brawls will always bring out many interesting sides of an argument.

downstairs
09-02-2010, 02:00 PM
That's just lame. Being down by a bunch of runs in the 4th to a crappy team? Heck yeah, you're still in the game. Two steals, bunting, small-ball may very well be the thing that kicks the team in the butt to start scoring.

In the 9th inning? Yeah, maybe I see your point there.

doublem23
09-02-2010, 02:16 PM
I think he probably should have slid, but I think it was a split second decision. He looks back at the play clearly, but I don't think he knows the accuracy of the throw and it looks like he's decided on a collision before the ball gets there with the catch on the plate.

I would agree with you 100% except there's that nugget about Morgan running over the Cardinals catcher earlier in the week for apparently no reason whatsoever (haven't seen a video of that collision, so I can't make any judgments).

I don't know, I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but maybe he's just snapped. Remember, he's awaiting suspension from the MLB for apparently throwing a baseball at a fan who was heckling him in Philadelphia.

You know, he could also be trying to pull a Bo Jackson and is trying to get the attention of the Capitals. :cool:

chisoxjtrain
09-02-2010, 02:18 PM
What makes Morgan even more of an asshat is that when he barreled over the Marlins' catcher, he was called out. If he would have slid, he would have been safe and would have been the go-ahead run. I think it is pretty clear that he was looking to knock the catcher out no matter what.

Marqhead
09-02-2010, 02:33 PM
I would agree with you 100% except there's that nugget about Morgan running over the Cardinals catcher earlier in the week for apparently no reason whatsoever (haven't seen a video of that collision, so I can't make any judgments).

I don't know, I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but maybe he's just snapped. Remember, he's awaiting suspension from the MLB for apparently throwing a baseball at a fan who was heckling him in Philadelphia.

You know, he could also be trying to pull a Bo Jackson and is trying to get the attention of the Capitals. :cool:

Right, and I'm trying to separate all these instances, but that's probably giving Morgan too much credit. Right now he's being a complete douche, but I also want to give him the benefit of the doubt on this close play.

I'm looking for the highlight against the Cards because I hear that one is bad.

Marqhead
09-02-2010, 02:35 PM
What makes Morgan even more of an asshat is that when he barreled over the Marlins' catcher, he was called out. If he would have slid, he would have been safe and would have been the go-ahead run. I think it is pretty clear that he was looking to knock the catcher out no matter what.

Probably an honest mistake, but this should say "Cardinals". The Nats were down 11 against the Marlins.

doublem23
09-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Probably an honest mistake, but this should say "Cardinals". The Nats were down 11 against the Marlins.

Not when he bowled over Brett Hayes, it was 0-0 in the top of the 10th.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/FLO/FLO201008310.shtml

They were down by 11 yesterday, the 1st time Volstad plunked Morgan (when he went on to steal 2B and 3B and score on a sac fly).

Marqhead
09-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Edit: I'm confusing my self now.

Two home plate collisions in less than a week. I was under the impression that the 0-0 go ahead run game was against the Cards, not the Marlins. My apologies.

chisoxjtrain
09-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Edit: I'm confusing my self now.

Two home plate collisions in less than a week. I was under the impression that the 0-0 go ahead run game was against the Cards, not the Marlins. My apologies.

No worries, a couple of asshat moves in a week can be confusing.

Marqhead
09-02-2010, 02:55 PM
No worries, a couple of asshat moves in a week can be confusing.

Here's the video against the Cards: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=mlb&content_id=11474561&query=game_pk%3D265747

Not even close. That's a bull**** move.

I got confused because the Marlins highlights smashed everything together to give a story line. :D:

doublem23
09-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Here's the video against the Cards: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=mlb&content_id=11474561&query=game_pk%3D265747

Not even close. That's a bull**** move.

I got confused because the Marlins highlights smashed everything together to give a story line. :D:

What a ****ing bonehead.

Craig Grebeck
09-02-2010, 03:01 PM
So what Pablo is saying is that Nyjer shouldn't have stolen a base because it was irritating to the Marlins? What?

doublem23
09-02-2010, 03:02 PM
So what Pablo is saying is that Nyjer shouldn't have stolen a base because it was irritating to the Marlins? What?

Well, I think he's saying Morgan shouldn't have been too surprised when they went after him again.

Jerko
09-02-2010, 03:05 PM
It seems people get more pissed off when a player breaks an unwritten rule than when he breaks a written one. I have no prob with the guy stealing down 11. Game got closer as it went on.

Craig Grebeck
09-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Well, I think he's saying Morgan shouldn't have been too surprised when they went after him again.
Because he stole bases when he was losing? I swear, new unwritten rules are cited every ****ing year.

doublem23
09-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Because he stole bases when he was losing? I swear, new unwritten rules are cited every ****ing year.

Because he's a jagoff who severely injured one of their teammates for what they likely percieve as no good ****ing reason.

:dunno:

On the one hand, that is the risk you take when you put someone on base for revenge. On the other hand, if you're Nyjer Morgan, you got to know that the Marlins probably aren't too happy with him, so that's the chance you take. The game still wasn't that close when the brawl occurred, why not try and put another one on his back?

Pablo_Honey
09-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Eh I never really stated that it was an unwritten rule to steal after getting plunked. I don't even ****ing know what kind of unwritten rules there are for stealing bases. Maybe I phrased it in a way that could be interpreted as such intially, but I did later clarify that it was my personal opinion that I didn't like the fact Morgan stole bases because it could have easily started a brawl and it did. This guy's earned a bad rep for being a massive d-bag and he just ****ed up a Marlins catcher's shoulder. If Morgan wanted to avoid any more **** with the Marlins, he should have stood pat.

Ah **** it, you know what? I'm a ****ing dumbass. I keep saying the same **** over and over again. Of course Morgan had every ****ing right to steal. I just formed my ****ty biased opinions against Morgan based on my hatred for Carlos ****ing Gomez. When will I ever start being ****ing rational instead of being all emotional and ****?

JermaineDye05
09-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Someone did a nice little dubbing.

ljv7yoVsmLQ

#1swisher
09-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Morgan gets 8 game suspension/fine, in addition to a 7 game suspension from Aug 21st (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100903&content_id=14235112&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb) incident.
Volstad - 6 game/fine
Sanabia - 5 game/fine
Sanchez - 3 game/fine

Complete list
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20100903&content_id=14235108&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb