PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing salt into the wound

Paulwny
06-27-2002, 07:02 AM
I'm not a nl fan but, Brian Giles is the only position player on the Pirates who has a chance of being selected to the all star team. He probably won't make it because many nl outfielders have better numbers. So, who will be chosen to represent the Pirates, K. Wells.

Kilroy
06-27-2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I'm not a nl fan but, Brian Giles is the only position player on the Pirates who has a chance of being selected to the all star team. He probably won't make it because many nl outfielders have better numbers. So, who will be chosen to represent the Pirates, K. Wells.

Big deal. That's like going home with an ugly girl from a bar that was full of ugly girls.

They gotta take someone.

Paulwny
06-27-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Big deal. That's like going home with an ugly girl from a bar that was full of ugly girls.

They gotta take someone.

Totally agree but, I'm preparing myself from the onslaught I'll receive from a few of my yankmee friends. The trading of a guy who was an "all star" plus an additional 2 pitchers for Ritchie.
I'm sure the flub fans, including my son-in-law will be all over this.

Moses_Scurry
06-27-2002, 10:29 AM
The last thing any cub fan can do is rip on you for this trade. Need they be reminded of Alou and Hundley?

I would say that Kip deserves to go even if Giles were to make it. 9-4 with a low ERA is spectacular considering that Pittsburgh has the worst hitting in the NL!

Paulwny
06-27-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry
The last thing any cub fan can do is rip on you for this trade. Need they be reminded of Alou and Hundley?

My son-in-law is the only flub fan I know, it's all the yankmee fans around me. They always claim that 'Yes, we do spend big $$ but our front office always makes the right move".

Kilroy
06-27-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny

My son-in-law is the only flub fan I know, it's all the yankmee fans around me. They always claim that 'Yes, we do spend big $$ but our front office always makes the right move".

Paul, I'll give you my address. Tell your Yankee fan friends to come by and BLOW ME...

Paulwny
06-27-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Paul, I'll give you my address. Tell your Yankee fan friends to come by and BLOW ME...

LOL, you sound very angry today !!

RKMeibalane
06-27-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry

Haven't you heard? Todd Hundley is back, and he's better than ever! He will challenge Sosa for the homerun crown. You just wait and see! The Cubs will have the best offense in the league by the time August rolls around.

Did anyone happen to see what Hundley did yesterday? I'm sure the Tribune is praising him for that display. If one of the Sox had done that, you can bet the person responsible would have been ripped for the next month by the local papers. I'm so sick of this crap it's not even funny.