PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 'AJ, Edwin, Jack Indians' White Sox vs CLE 8/31 Postgame Thread

soxinem1
08-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Made it interesting again.

At least we win a one-run game.

BigHurt3515
08-31-2010, 08:51 PM
YESS!!! Jackson you are great!!

GoGoCrede
Great stuff. I missed most of the game, but I'm thrilled we nailed it down.

ilsox7
Big time win. Chalk up a PTC for Manny!

soltrain21
I agree with Alex Rios' concerned look about Bobby Jenks.

kevingrt
My god. White Sox baseball is not good for one's health.

JermaineDye05
08-31-2010, 08:52 PM
I thought this postgame thread would never come.

Hats off to Edwin. You've been awesome.

Coop, how the hell do you do it?

I was worried we'd lose this game with Manny out of the lineup. It's funny how we instantly took the lead once he stepped on the field. Excited to see him tomorrow for a sweep hopefully.

hi im skot
Nothing's ever easy.

Uh...don't stop now, boys?

VeeckAsInWreck
I almost needed new pants after that one! :bandance:

rdwj
Thank god - they always make it interesting at the end

AlexRios51
I don't like winning ugly :whiner:, Manny looks nice in a Sox uniform.

My signature is turning into a reality, EJ you are awesome bigman.

johnnyg83
Two nights in a row and I felt like I've been slapped around for 3-4 hours straight.

JermaineDye05
My god. White Sox baseball is not good for one's health.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=123100

According to this it is.

:gulp::gulp::gulp:

JB98
Jackson was awesome. Whatever it takes...

soxinem1
08-31-2010, 08:53 PM

He was just echoing the thoughts of a few people around these parts........

Soxman219
JENKS, GO AWAY!

EDWIN JACKSON - :bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

thomas35forever
Please, Sox. Can you not let us get stressed out about you? I'll take the victory though.

soxfan1965
Cardiac Sox...every run counts...nice job, keep the pressure on the Twins!

OmahaSoxFan
Big win tonight, couldn't afford to have the bullpen blow another game there - especially with the current score between Detroit\Minnesota.

Edwin is money, the fact that he went for the complete game shows what a gamer that guy is... even though Hudson is doing well in the NL, I couldn't see him doing the same for the Sox the way it was going. I think this trade worked out for the best.

Now if only the Sox could just blow the Toons out tomorrow and save us all from another stressful late innings performance. But at least this team is showing us some guts now to gut out these tough wins that would have most likely been losses last week.

sullythered
I guess Edwin is another "Coop'll fix 'em" success story...

Rdy2PlayBall
08-31-2010, 08:54 PM
JENKS, GO AWAY!

EDWIN JACKSON - He saved Edwin's butt.

GlassSox
Jackson was outstanding and AJ's blast was just great.

dwitt76
Nice to pull that one out in the end. That game could have went 50/50 with it being 0-0 going into bottom of 7th

cws05champ
08-31-2010, 08:55 PM
JENKS, GO AWAY!

He gave up one hit?

Tragg
08-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Geeze.
But a win's a win.

happydude
08-31-2010, 08:56 PM
I love the win but admit some concern after the pitch count racked up by EJ. He threw an inordinate amount of pitches in his no hitter and then pitched poorly for several starts after that; he missed a start due to the KC rainout, I believe, so hopefully there'll be no lingering arm weakness. He's our best pitcher right now and we need him sharp every start.

ChiSoxGal85
08-31-2010, 08:58 PM
Jackson was stellar. What a great pickup he has been! :bandance:

AJ was way overdue for some heroics. Maybe he can settle down at the plate a little now. Almost had a Manny-at-the-plate siting, but AJ took care of that. :gulp:

I have lost all confidence in Jenks - I start sweating when I see him warming up in the pen.

guillensdisciple
Kenny is an absolute genius. Picking up EJ for the stretch run and now Manny. What else could he do to help. Now we have to buckle our seat belts and let the Sox take us on a ride.

Something tells me we're in the midst of a very special year. Manny is going to explode.

WhiteSox5187
My God...can we ever have a nice and easy ninth inning? Holy Christ.

soxlady8
08-31-2010, 08:59 PM
Edwin has been awesome , he threw like 128 pitches and gave the boys in the pen some needed rest !!

nice blast by AJ to put us ahead :)

it is all good in Mannyport /Mannyville now !!

JB98
I love the win but admit some concern after the pitch count racked up by EJ. He threw an inordinate amount of pitches in his no hitter and then pitched poorly for several starts after that; he missed a start due to the KC rainout, I believe, so hopefully there'll be no lingering arm weakness. He's our best pitcher right now and we need him sharp every start.

It's definitely a concern, but with a short bullpen, I don't think there was much choice but to send him back out for the ninth.

The good news is there is an off day Thursday, so Jackson gets an extra day before his next outing.

voodoochile
JENKS, GO AWAY!

Why? Why hammer Bobby? He got the save. He didn't give up any runs. He's pitched a ton of innings the last week with Putz and Thornton being out. He was about the only guy available for any kind of pitching tonight at all and he got the job done.

Thanks, Bobby. Appreciate the effort and appreciate you saving another win...

AJ!

EDWIN!

:soxwin:

:)

TheOldRoman
08-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Bobby didn't look great, he put a man on but he got the out he needed. Working the third day in a row after blowing the save yesterday, I am pleased with that.

It's a shame Jackson got tagged for those two runs in the ninth. He was ****ing brilliant tonight. He would have been pulled after the first hit if the bullpen wasn't overwork, ineffective and short-handed at this point.

Let's go Tigers!

slavko
I almost needed new pants after that one! :bandance:

Bobby in, Sox fans piss their pants. Doesn't rhyme, so what.

I guess Edwin is another "Coop'll fix 'em" success story...

If he had anything to do with acquiring a breakdown candidate in Peavy, he has spent all his capital with me.

He gave up one hit?

Doesn't matter, he makes you piss your pants because of past history.

LongLiveFisk

Did he make a face? I must have missed it.

OmahaSoxFan
Kenny is an absolute genius. Picking up EJ for the stretch run and now Manny. What else could he do to help. Now we have to buckle our seat belts and let the Sox take us on a ride.

Something tells me we're in the midst of a very special year. Manny is going to explode.

Oh, what I would give for you to be right... the Sox are definitely finally showing a little grit these last two nights, no mistake about it, these were huge wins (as any win is this time of the year). If the Sox are going to make a run, now is a time to do it, while on the road when everyone is counting them out. Couple it with Detroit possibly giving Minnesota a battle in Minnesota this week, and this is far from over if the Sox keep it up... which is to be seen... we shall see! With Manny on the team now, and EJ doing great, things aren't looking so doom and gloom right now... even though we just beat the lowly Toons...

Don't stop now, boys! :redneck

JermaineDye05
08-31-2010, 09:01 PM
It feels like it's been forever since the Sox have been in line for a sweep. Especially against the Indians. Let's get it tomorrow.

nccwsfan
08-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Love it! Really wish we would've kept Hudson though.....

If the Tigers can hold the Twins off tonight it's down to 3 with 31 to go. Entirely doable!!!

voodoochile
08-31-2010, 09:02 PM

If he had anything to do with acquiring a breakdown candidate in Peavy, he has spent all his capital with me.

Doesn't matter, he makes you piss your pants because of past history.

Speak for yourself...

happydude
08-31-2010, 09:03 PM
It's definitely a concern, but with a short bullpen, I don't think there was much choice but to send him back out for the ninth.

The good news is there is an off day Thursday, so Jackson gets an extra day before his next outing.

You're right, JB. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him back out for the 9th, initially. I might have pulled him after the first guy got on but alls well that ends well and I may just be pansying up some from constantly hearing and reading about pitch counts.

OmahaSoxFan
Love it! Really wish we would've kept Hudson though.....

If the Tigers can hold the Twins off tonight it's down to 3 with 31 to go. Entirely doable!!!

Twins making a comeback in the bottom of the 6th, 3-2 now... :angry::angry::angry::angry: ****ing Twins!!! They still suck!

voodoochile
twins making a comeback in the bottom of the 6th, 3-2 now... :angry::angry::angry::angry: ****ing twins!!! They still suck!

wrong thread!

Rdy2PlayBall
08-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Twins making a comeback in the bottom of the 6th, 3-2 now... :angry::angry::angry::angry: ****ing Twins!!! They still suck!4 flames and they're still losing... Are the bases loaded also? :?:

EDIT: And yes, wrong thread. Sorry for replying. :P

TDog
I like the result. And I don't see how the result could have been any better if Jenks had not come into the game.

It would have been nice to give the bullpen a night off. Jenks pitched three innings in the last two days.

RF/DH#3
Jackson was outstanding and AJ's blast was just great.

I wonder if AJ will do his Post Game Press Conference in ONLY Polish?

Rdy2PlayBall
08-31-2010, 09:06 PM
I wonder if AJ will do his Post Game Press Conference in ONLY Polish?That would be the funniest thing ever!!! Maybe if Manny and AJ were already best friends or something... but right now I think that would be a bad move. :D:

Btw, does Manny speak English well?

OmahaSoxFan
08-31-2010, 09:06 PM
wrong thread!

Gotcha... apologize for that...

whitem0nkey
08-31-2010, 09:07 PM
was Masterson great or was our hitting pathetic?

cheezheadsoxfan
08-31-2010, 09:08 PM
i wonder if aj will do his post game press conference in only polish?

lol!

happydude
08-31-2010, 09:08 PM
That would be the funniest thing ever!!! Maybe if Manny and AJ were already best friends or something... but right now I think that would be a bad move. :D:

Btw, does Manny speak English well?

I'm sure he does. I believe he grew up in New York and went to high school there as well. I think I've heard Manny speak clear English.

vinny
08-31-2010, 09:09 PM
Hey! We won a game without going to extra innings!:cool:

EdWIN is an absolute beast.

thomas35forever
I wonder if AJ will do his Post Game Press Conference in ONLY Polish?
I'm sure he knows as much Polish as Carlos Quentin knows Spanish.

ElevenUp
Edwin Jackson has been unbelievable since putting on a White Sox jersey. He has been the most consistent starter Ozzie's had since he joined the team. Right now he is the ace of the staff.

GoGoCrede
08-31-2010, 09:15 PM
It's great to win a series against the Tribe.

TDog
08-31-2010, 09:19 PM
was Masterson great or was our hitting pathetic?

Masterson can be a very good pitcher. He threw a complete-game two-hit shutout against the Red Sox in June. (Of course, Jackson pitched a complete-game no-hit shutout against the Rays earlier this year.)

The White Sox as a team came into the game hitting .302 for the month of August after hitting .299 for the month of July. They don't have a pathetic offense, or at least haven't had a pathetic office since May.

Rdy2PlayBall
08-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Masterson can be a very good pitcher. He threw a complete-game two-hit shutout against the Red Sox in June. (Of course, Jackson pitched a complete-game no-hit shutout against the Rays earlier this year.)

The White Sox as a team came into the game hitting .302 for the month of August after hitting .299 for the month of July. They don't have a pathetic offense, or at least haven't had a pathetic office since May.Very true. They just choose the WORST times to not be effective, when their starting pitching and bullpen is shutting people down.

Taliesinrk
08-31-2010, 09:22 PM
For those railing on Bobby - how many innings has the guy pitched in the past 3 days? It seems that he's being worked really hard. I can't imagine that's helping the situation.

sullythered
08-31-2010, 09:25 PM
[/B]

I'm sure he does. I believe he grew up in New York and went to high school there as well. I think I've heard Manny speak clear English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfLNUWEv8fg

Rdy2PlayBall
08-31-2010, 09:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfLNUWEv8fgThen maybe he just likes Chicago, wants money, and doesn't want to mess up his chances and make a team think hes a washed up jerk. I can see him using a translator to avoid saying anything stupid.

I also may be reading too much into it, and Manny just would rather speak Spanish... :tongue:

kevingrt
08-31-2010, 09:29 PM
When's the last time Bobby has gone 1 2/3 IP, 1 1/3, and 1/3 IP in three straight days. I'm going to venture a guess and say never. He is overworked right now. And I still maintain for better or worse this season hinges on the right arm of #45.

RadioheadRocks
08-31-2010, 09:32 PM
for those railing on bobby - how many innings has the guy pitched in the past 3 days? It seems that he's being worked really hard. I can't imagine that's helping the situation.

+1

spawn
08-31-2010, 09:33 PM
For those railing on Bobby - how many innings has the guy pitched in the past 3 days? It seems that he's being worked really hard. I can't imagine that's helping the situation.

When's the last time Bobby has gone 1 2/3 IP, 1 1/3, and 1/3 IP in three straight days. I'm going to venture a guess and say never. He is overworked right now. And I still maintain for better or worse this season hinges on the right arm of #45.
Thank you. I don't get the Bobby hate tonight. He gave up a hit. Then he got the save. He did his job. And he's pitched in three straight games. Give the man a break.

oeo
08-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Well, people can't complain that Manny wasn't in the lineup since they won, so they have to find something. Bobby it is!

manders_01
08-31-2010, 09:37 PM

Bobby's in, let the pants pissing begin. :redneck

TDog
08-31-2010, 09:37 PM

Jenks pitched in all four World Series games in 2005. He ended up pitching five innings in those four games, but, of course, there was an off-day between the Chicago games and the Houston games. And it was the last series of the season.

nccwsfan
08-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Jenks was fine tonight and saved the game. The anti-Jenks sentiment is likely due to the body of work over the last 2 months. Just a guess.

Rdy2PlayBall
08-31-2010, 09:38 PM
By the way, Ozzie is the smartest manager alive. He knew AJ would get a good pitch to hit with Manny being on deck. He caught the Indians off guard. :cool:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=300831105
proof

manders_01
08-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Jackson is a workhorse!!!! Thank you for pitching well and long, we sure needed it! Great game tonight! :bandance:

GoGoCrede
08-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Jackson is a workhorse!!!! Thank you for pitching well and long, we sure needed it! Great game tonight! :bandance:

It seems like forever since we've won a series!

ChiSoxGal85
08-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Bobby may have been used more often than usual, but I still want to see him get the outs without all the drama more frequently. This has happened way too much for my liking in the last few months.

Oh, yeah...my 17-year-old daughter came in the room during the 9th, saw Bobby, and blurted out "Ohmigod, what an awful beard!"

hawkjt
08-31-2010, 09:54 PM
These last two games were two of the biggest of the year to date. Sox are like fish outta water gasping for the Sept 1 callups(fresh arms),Manny,and Thornton to get here.

This looks like a loss when Edwin gave up the one homer. He has pitched so well, should be 5-0 but not much support. I was glad he got the victory for such a great outing. Good that he has 6 days til he faces the tigers.
AJ finally got a huge hit, after a season long drought. He has been hitting well lately but nothing like this big hit.
Bobby sucked it up for the third nite in a row. I do not care about his weight,his beard or the drama...just win,Bobby.

Noneck
08-31-2010, 09:55 PM
Quentin looked bad at the plate and in field. I really wonder if his hitting is now affecting his fielding or if there is something else wrong.

ghostface36
08-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Quentin looked bad at the plate and in field. I really wonder if his hitting is now affecting his fielding or if there is something else wrong.
he's been looking really really bad lately

Lip Man 1
08-31-2010, 10:26 PM
Q seems to be very hard on himself. I wouldn't be surprised if when he's not doing well in one aspect of the game, it carries over into the other areas.

Lip

WhiteSox1989
08-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Great game by Jackson. Pleasant surprise.

In other news, Carlos Quentin needs to start hitting again.

Foulke You
08-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Q seems to be very hard on himself. I wouldn't be surprised if when he's not doing well in one aspect of the game, it carries over into the other areas.

Lip
Quentin has pretty much always been a DH trying to play RF, I think when you have a guy who isn't any good at defense, you are going to have games like he had tonight. He just isn't very good out there. As far as his offense, Q is very streaky this year and he is about due for another hot streak. If we can get Quentin and Manny red hot, we have a shot to catch the Twins. Quentin had a very nice AB in the 9th when he took the walk. He was finally laying off those pitches way outside and low. He has been a sucker for those lately and falling behind 0-2. When he lays off those, Quentin becomes a VERY dangerous hitter.

Nelfox02
08-31-2010, 11:13 PM
winning is fun and fun is winning, and the last couple nights have sure provided some fist pumping moments.....but I wont lie to you that quite a bit of the wind came out of my sox sails when I watched the Twins again rally for a W tonight...

need them to really hit a rough patch again, ah well nice win, keep us in striking distance, eager to see what Manny does tomorrow, stinks its a day game, would like to have watched it live

Foulke You
08-31-2010, 11:29 PM
A pic of Ramirez & Ramirez :D::

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/image/?image=309511&id=404946

BadBobbyJenks
08-31-2010, 11:30 PM
I don't know how Jackson got away with so many rollers, but when his stuff is working, wow is he good.

Obviously Manny Ramirez being in the on deck circle is why we won this game.

1-0 in the Manny era.

whitesox4eva
09-01-2010, 01:51 AM

:(: NOOOO.....We need him to hit....he cant really hit in piece can he? :tongue::D:

kufram
09-01-2010, 02:46 AM
When steam builds up beyond the vessel's capacity to hold it you get an explosion. Hence, the railing against Bobby. Heaven knows he's given people reason to worry lately, but you'd think he'd get a break tonight. He did get the save. If Manny goes 0 for the week he'll be the one being vilified.

I don't see the point in vilifying Jenks. He's what we've got. No white knight closer is likely riding to the rescue now. We tried Putz and other things. Who'd of thought a few weeks ago the BP would be the problem? We need to ride the SP and offense and hope the extra arms coming in help. If we get Thornton and Putz back we may get some semblance of a bullpen at just the right time.

wassagstdu
09-01-2010, 06:08 AM
By the way, Ozzie is the smartest manager alive. He knew AJ would get a good pitch to hit with Manny being on deck. He caught the Indians off guard.

And so begins the Manny Ramirez Era, day one.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-01-2010, 06:41 AM
And so begins the Manny Ramirez Era, day one.And what a short era it will be... it's a shame. :(:

ChiTownTrojan
09-01-2010, 07:31 AM
I don't know how Jackson got away with so many rollers, but when his stuff is working, wow is he good.

1-0 in the Manny era.

New White Sox strategy: don't start Ramirez. Just have him hang out in the on-deck circle the whole game as a "threat". Every batter would have lineup protection!

hawkjt
09-01-2010, 08:31 AM
New White Sox strategy: don't start Ramirez. Just have him hang out in the on-deck circle the whole game as a "threat". Every batter would have lineup protection!

He's like ''Uncle Paulie'' in ''Goodfellas''...never talks to anyone,but he will provide protection...just don't become partners or he will end up burning down your business.

TheOldRoman
09-01-2010, 08:44 AM

1-0 in the Manny era.Manny in (the park), Sox win.

Bruizer
09-01-2010, 09:27 AM
A pic of Ramirez & Ramirez :D::

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/image/?image=309511&id=404946

This reminds me of Hawk last night accidently referring to Alexei as "Manny" when he was rounding the bases! :cool:

SephClone89
09-01-2010, 09:31 AM
This reminds me of Hawk last night accidently referring to Alexei as "Manny" when he was rounding the bases! :cool:

Wasn't that Omar? Monday night.

chisoxfanatic
09-01-2010, 09:57 AM
And what a short era it will be... it's a shame. :(:
I don't know...I think Kenny might re-sign him if he works out this month.

Rockabilly
09-01-2010, 09:59 AM
I believe that Manny will be back in a Sox uniform next year.

doublem23
09-01-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't know...I think Kenny might re-sign him if he works out this month.

I believe that Manny will be back in a Sox uniform next year.

I doubt that and I hope not.

guillensdisciple
09-01-2010, 11:58 AM
I doubt that and I hope not.

It could be a possibility considering the money the Sox have coming off the books, and the probability of Manny fitting in this line-up extremely well. I am not saying I want one or the other.

Hitmen77
09-01-2010, 12:24 PM
It could be a possibility considering the money the Sox have coming off the books, and the probability of Manny fitting in this line-up extremely well. I am not saying I want one or the other.

There's not a lot of money coming off the books. Yes, Konerko and AJ make a combined $18 million this year. But if they leave, we need to fill the holes at 1B and C. It doesn't look like Viciedo and Flowers are ready to have those jobs handed to them yet.

Any savings by paying PK and AJ (or their replacements) less than their 2010 salaries are going to be mostly gobbled up by raises to other players like Rios, Peavy, Floyd and others. Plus $8.3 million owed to Edwin Jackson next year. Unless we trade Danks, he's getting a nice raise too.

We'd save $7 million by letting Jenks go, but we might need to spend to bring in at least one free agent reliever in his place.