PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Kimmel at Wrigley

JermaineDye05
08-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Apparently Jimmy Kimmel was in attendance at yesterday's Cubs/Pirates game and decided to call MLB Network.

Link (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?affiliateId=facebook_share&content_id=11560515&topic_id&c_id=chc)

He had some rather comical comments. I especially like what he had to say about the hot dogs.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Just another story of a tourist coming to Chicago to see a landmark. Further proof that no one goes to see the Cubs as much as they go to see Wrigley Field.

Brian26
08-31-2010, 09:24 PM
Just another story of a tourist coming to Chicago to see a landmark. Further proof that no one goes to see the Cubs as much as they go to see Wrigley Field.

Funny. Looks like nobody is seeing the Cubs or Wrigley right now. There are negative 18 people in the bleachers in the 7th inning.

14-2 Pittsburgh.

Dub25
08-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Funny. Looks like nobody is seeing the Cubs or Wrigley right now. There are negative 18 people in the bleachers in the 7th inning.

14-2 Pittsburgh.

What??? No way??? They always support the team... that is why they are better than us. Just ask Jim Bulushi and John Cusack.

FarmerAndy
09-01-2010, 09:01 AM
He had some rather comical comments. I especially like what he had to say about the hot dogs.

As much as it hurts me to say it, Wrigley has passed us up in the hot dog department. They serve up a Hebrew National on a nicely steamed bun. We get the Vienna, which is a quality dog, but served up on a dried up bun.

doublem23
09-01-2010, 09:04 AM
As much as it hurts me to say it, Wrigley has passed us up in the hot dog department. They serve up a Hebrew National on a nicely steamed bun. We get the Vienna, which is a quality dog, but served up on a dried up bun.

Its real hit or miss, I got one of the Comiskey Dogs (full, Chicago-style) on Sunday and it was great, dog was cooked to perfection, bun was fine, and the lady behind the counter loaded my hot dog with toppings, seriously, I got like 4 sport peppers, 2 pickle spears, and at least a whole tomato.

That was awesome. It's a personal perference thing, but I didn't like the hot dog I got at Wrigley earlier this year. Tasted like crap. Give me Vienna beef any day of the week. The hot dog is what's important, not the bun.

ewokpelts
09-01-2010, 09:15 AM
As much as it hurts me to say it, Wrigley has passed us up in the hot dog department. They serve up a Hebrew National on a nicely steamed bun. We get the Vienna, which is a quality dog, but served up on a dried up bun.hebrew national has been replaced by high plains bison.

FarmerAndy
09-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Its real hit or miss, I got one of the Comiskey Dogs (full, Chicago-style) on Sunday and it was great, dog was cooked to perfection, bun was fine, and the lady behind the counter loaded my hot dog with toppings, seriously, I got like 4 sport peppers, 2 pickle spears, and at least a whole tomato.

That was awesome. It's a personal perference thing, but I didn't like the hot dog I got at Wrigley earlier this year. Tasted like crap. Give me Vienna beef any day of the week. The hot dog is what's important, not the bun.

I haven't done the Comiskey Dog stand yet. I don't really do loaded hot dogs, I like to taste the meat as much as possible. All I need is some mustard.

And yeah, Vienna hot dogs are great. But still, the whole bun thing is important to me. I want the whole package too be good, and even a good dog is ruined when the bun feels like it's been sitting out for hours. Now at The Cell I always get my dogs from the vendors in the stands. They seem to steam themselves in the little hot box. I won't get them at the food stands anymore, because I always end up with a dried up bun. For $5, I want the whole thing to be good.

I'm curious, did you get the Hebrew when you were at Wrigley? Every one I've had there over the past couple of years has been really good. I'm sure if you got the regular hot dog it sucked, but that's the same at any ballpark. You gotta go premium!

cws05champ
09-01-2010, 10:13 AM

14-2 Pittsburgh.
I'm sure the Cubs will start to use footage from previous games of the bleachers/crowd when they were full to keep the illusion of their "loyal" fan base. Yes I'm wearing my tin foil hat too....:D:

Steelrod
09-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Vienna is miles better than Hebrew National. A true Chicago hot dog is Vienna, nothing else!

slavko
09-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Vienna is miles better than Hebrew National. A true Chicago hot dog is Vienna, nothing else!

HN is New York style, dry and chewy. Vienna is juicy, Chicago style, more like Polish sausage in texture. Prefer the brats at USCF to either.

SOXSINCE'70
09-02-2010, 06:32 AM

True, but I still miss Best Kosher.:(:

ewokpelts
09-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Again, the Cubs serve High Plains Bison dogs, a company owned by the Ricketts.

doublem23
09-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Again, the Cubs serve High Plains Bison dogs, a company owned by the Ricketts.

I think those are just their premium dogs, I doubt they don't have a beef hot dog in their repertoire.

soxlady8
09-02-2010, 04:13 PM
The Teacher Union I belong to is giving away 5000 FREE tickets to a Cubs game.
I guess attendance is soo bad lately , that the Cubs big shots may be giving tickets away to large companies/groups etc. to give away to their employees / members etc.

I thought about inquiring and then giving my two away .

ewokpelts
09-02-2010, 04:33 PM
The Teacher Union I belong to is giving away 5000 FREE tickets to a Cubs game.
I guess attendance is soo bad lately , that the Cubs big shots may be giving tickets away to large companies/groups etc. to give away to their employees / members etc.

I thought about inquiring and then giving my two away .i'll take them.