PDA

View Full Version : To Lighten the Mood...

RKMeibalane
06-26-2002, 11:50 PM
In light of the Bonds-Kent and Alomar-Cedeno shoving matches yesterday, I was thinking about what it would be like if the same thing happened with the White Sox. My question to the rest of you is, which two players do you think would square off? My vote is for Konerko and Royce- just because Konerko is having a terrific season, and Royce is killing the team.

Daver
06-26-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
In light of the Bonds-Kent and Alomar-Cedeno shoving matches yesterday, I was thinking about what it would be like if the same thing happened with the White Sox. My question to the rest of you is, which two players do you think would square off? My vote is for Konerko and Royce- just because Konerko is having a terrific season, and Royce is killing the team.

Konerko would be the last guy to do that,because he is a team player to the core,and it shows.

Royce on the other hand,has proven he has no interest in being a team player.........

PaleHoseGeorge
06-26-2002, 11:58 PM
The only two position players that ever seem to open their mouths are Valentin and Lofton. If there was ever a clubhouse fight, I suspect it would start with something one of them said to someone else.

I'm not sure there is anybody amongst the pitching staff that fits the vocal leader category. Baldwin, Simas, DWells, and Parque are all gone.

Maybe that's part of our problem?

:ritchie
"Hey, I bring a lot of veteran presence!"

:ohno
"Yeah, we know."

RKMeibalane
06-26-2002, 11:59 PM
The other possibility I came up with was Joe Crede trying to strangle Kenny Williams because he won't promote him.

Jerry_Manuel
06-27-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I'm not sure there is anybody amongst the pitching staff that fits the vocal leader category. Baldwin, Simas, DWells, and Parque are all gone.

Want Parque up here? Is Simas even doing anything yet? I see him in the dugout, is he going to go down to the minors anytime soon.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-27-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Want Parque up here? Is Simas even doing anything yet? I see him in the dugout, is he going to go down to the minors anytime soon.

A leader isn't afraid to get into other people's faces when they aren't doing their job. Whether Simas or Parque sucks isn't the question. The question is who has the cajones to pin Todd Ritchie into his locker and say, "Start playing this game with your head out of your ***!"

As for Baldwin, clearly he was worth more than the Berry/Barry KW got for him. And yes, he would have been the guy to pin Ritchie's ***, too.

duke of dorwood
06-27-2002, 12:08 AM
Ritchie choking Nardi. And Williams blaming Schueler for the fight.

RKMeibalane
06-27-2002, 12:15 AM
I could see Frank and Jose going at it. The exchange might go something like this:

:hurt

"Nice glovework out there Valentin."

:manos

"Shut-up, 'Skirt! At least I play a position. You just sit here all day and do nothing."

"I wouldn't call 450-foot homers nothing, little man!"

:manos

"You want a piece of me?"

"Yeah, I think I do."

The two start to fight, but it doesn't last long. Frank nails Jose with a right to the jaw, and Valentin goes down. Bench coach Joe Nossik raises Frank's hand to signal that he has won the match.

GASHWOUND
06-27-2002, 12:42 AM
My vote is for Konerko and Royce- just because Konerko is having a terrific season, and Royce is killing the team.

Royce isn't killing ths team, the guy who pitched today is killing this team.
maybe Konerko should yell at him.sheesh

DonkeyKongerko
06-27-2002, 02:41 AM

Bench coach Joe Nossik raises Frank's hand to signal that he has won the match.

And your new Heart and Soul of the Chicago White Sox is....

...Frank Thomas??

bc2k
06-27-2002, 04:33 AM
I could see Frank and Jose going at it. The exchange might go something like this:

"I wouldn't call 450-foot homers nothing, little man!"

Thomas only has around 365 home runs.

RKMeibalane
06-27-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by bc2k

Thomas only has around 365 home runs.

I was referring to the distance on some of his homeruns. The exact amount of homeruns he has hit is 361.

bc2k
06-27-2002, 10:25 PM

I was referring to the distance on some of his homeruns. The exact amount of homeruns he has hit is 361.

My fault, I'm blind.