PDA

View Full Version : Chris Sale for closer

Randar68
08-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Sorry, Thornton and Putz being our best options and both on the DL, Jenks might as well disappear at this point. Just atrocious. Nothing else can really be said.

Any option at this point is better. If he is healthy or not doesn't matter here for the rest of this season. He has good enough velocity but he just doesn't attack hitters and his curve is basically useless.

DumpJerry
08-30-2010, 10:16 PM
No. He will probably be in the rotation next year. He needs more experience than this.

voodoochile
08-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Need him to be the loogy right now or at least the LH setup guy. Don't have a choice.

kobo
08-30-2010, 10:18 PM
I do not want Sale saving games in september for this team.

Lip Man 1
08-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Thornton is back in a few days, Putz next week. Leave Sale right where he is, let him learn in non pressure (for the most part) situations.

Lip

Randar68
08-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Thornton is back in a few days, Putz next week.

Dr Lip, paging Dr Lip. Please get back to science instead of speculation. Both of those guys appeared to have real issues that would not just suddenly disappear.

Is it more important to have a loogy than someone who actually gets people out? Did Bobby Jenks need more experience and seasoning in 2005? How about K-rod when the Angels won it?

Being an unknown plays to being a closer. Does not in any way preclude him from going to AA to be a starter next year when you have other guys back at 100%.

ZombieRob
08-30-2010, 10:21 PM
If Sale is a starter next year who's gone? Peavy replaces Garcia and who else?

voodoochile
08-30-2010, 10:24 PM

Honestly, I could see the Sox trading the Danks brothers in a package deal. John has refused to sign a long term deal so far and he's had an inconsistent second half.

I'm not in favor of this move, but I could see them doing it.

Randar68
08-30-2010, 10:24 PM

Yeah, Garcia or not, there is no rotation spot for Sale. So you can keep him up here out of the bullpen or send him to AA to start and work back up to the majors in the rotation.

Randar68
08-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Honestly, I could see the Sox trading the Danks brothers in a package deal. John has refused to sign a long term deal so far and he's had an inconsistent second half.

They wouldn't trade John Danks unless they absolutely had to. How many pitchers in their prime have they traded? Vasquez was run out of town since he has no heart, but the last one is whom? Sirotka? They traded him for Wells? You take the draft picks and move on as long as your team is winning during that time period. If you have a losing team it might be another story, but milking the guy with the reasonable salary for wins as long as you can is the name of the game,

Noneck
08-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Yeah, Garcia or not, there is no rotation spot for Sale. So you can keep him up here out of the bullpen or send him to AA to start and work back up to the majors in the rotation.

Sales will be on the club from the start next year. I agree with voodoo, Danks is the logical choice to be dealt. Arbitration will get him good money, he is not ready to sign a deal, his last half hasnt been good and the big one is, He has worth in the trade market. There are very few on the club with much worth.

Randar68
08-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Sales will be on the club from the start next year. I agree with voodoo, Danks is the logical choice to be dealt.

You guys have REALLY not been paying attention to how Kenny operates. This is just ridonkulous reasoning (or lack thereof). If Sale is on the club out of spring training it will be out of the bullpen and Kenny sure as hell ain't trading Danks to make room for Sale as a starter.

kevingrt
08-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Is this the first time ever Jenks has pitched over an inning in back to back days? The only way we win the central this year is with Jenks as our closer.

Noneck
08-30-2010, 10:44 PM
If Sale is on the club out of spring training it will be out of the bullpen.

A 12 pick Lefty, with the pitches he has is not coming out of the pen for long. If they don't trade Danks or Floyd and Peavy comes back ok, you will be correct. But for 2012, put it in the bank that Sales is a starter.

Chez
08-30-2010, 10:44 PM
I do not want Sale saving games in september for this team.

K-Rod for the Angels when they won it; Bobby Jenks for the Sox in '05. It can be done.

Noneck
08-30-2010, 10:49 PM
K-Rod for the Angels when they won it; Bobby Jenks for the Sox in '05. It can be done.

It is really tough to have 1 lefty in the pen and he is your closer. I know Thornton is "suppose" to be back soon, I still have concerns in what kind of shape he will be in.

kobo
08-30-2010, 10:50 PM
You guys have REALLY not been paying attention to how Kenny operates. This is just ridonkulous reasoning (or lack thereof). If Sale is on the club out of spring training it will be out of the bullpen and Kenny sure as hell ain't trading Danks to make room for Sale as a starter.
Why not? Danks probably has the most value of any starter on the team right now. If KW can get a really good deal for him he will make that move. They already told Sale they are going to give him a chance to make the rotation next season. If Sale continues to pitch like he has KW might be more inclined to give up Danks. I won't be surprised to see Danks traded this off season.

ghostface36
08-30-2010, 10:50 PM
trade johnny blaze? i dont think thats going to happen

Chez
08-30-2010, 10:51 PM
It is really tough to have 1 lefty in the pen and he is your closer. I know Thornton is "suppose" to be back soon, I still have concerns in what kind of shape he will be in.

True. But it's a luxury to have two lights out lefties in your bullpen. If Jenks can't do it, then why not Sale?

DSpivack
08-30-2010, 10:51 PM

Adam Wainwright may be an even better example.

Noneck
08-30-2010, 10:54 PM
True. But it's a luxury to have two lights out lefties in your bullpen.

They have only one that throws with the left hand now.

oeo
08-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Sorry, Thornton and Putz being our best options and both on the DL, Jenks might as well disappear at this point. Just atrocious. Nothing else can really be said.

Any option at this point is better. If he is healthy or not doesn't matter here for the rest of this season. He has good enough velocity but he just doesn't attack hitters and his curve is basically useless.

In fairness to Jenks, he's been overused lately. If Santos could actually finish an inning, Jenks doesn't even need to come in and get that last out in the 8th. He's always struggled pitching more than an inning for a save.

Poor game by the pitching as a whole, other than Sale and Linebrink. Buehrle was spotted a 5 run lead and barely got us 6 innings. Sox really can't afford that in this series, he needed to be better.

Noneck
08-30-2010, 10:58 PM
In fairness to Jenks, he's been overused lately. If Santos could actually finish an inning, Jenks doesn't even need to come in and get that last out in the 8th. He's always struggled pitching more than an inning for a save.

I am with you. Jenks has been over used and it was Santos that didnt do his job. The Sox need some blow outs now or complete games to give Jenks, Sales and Santos rest.

08-30-2010, 11:01 PM
I am with you. Jenks has been over used and it was Santos that didnt do his job. The Sox need some blow outs now or complete games to give Jenks, Sales and Santos rest.

Bobby bailed Santos out in the 8th then gave it up in the 9th. That was all Bobby.

guillensdisciple
08-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Sale is going to be sick.

Noneck
08-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Bobby bailed Santos out in the 8th then gave it up in the 9th. That was all Bobby.

To bail out and then save the next inning is not the normal job of a closer. (In these times at least)

DirtySox
08-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Sale is going to be a starter in the near future. He is so much more valuable in the rotation.

The fastball is great. The slider is nasty. He also has a very good changeup that he isn't using at all as a relief pitcher. It will be a treat watching this kid utilizing all 3 pitches and cracking the rotation in 2011/2012.

guillensdisciple
08-30-2010, 11:29 PM
I believe the Sox trade Danks this year for a huge bat and open up a roster spot for Sale. A big free agent might just be landing here next year.

hawkjt
08-30-2010, 11:30 PM

Bobby is pitching fine,but was screwed tonite by
1. overuse
2.having to go two innings.
3. a walk, a double, a scrub infield hit,an error. They did not hammer him.

If we limit Jenks to closing the 9th inning with a lead, he will be fine.
We have one more game til callups will allow Ozzie to throw a bunch of pitchers out there before we get to the 9th.

hi im skot
08-30-2010, 11:32 PM
I believe the Sox trade Danks this year for a huge bat and open up a roster spot for Sale. A big free agent might just be landing here next year.

Upcoming free agents (http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2001/05/potential-free-agents-for-2011.html)

Save the obvious (Pujols), who's really worth giving up Danks for?

guillensdisciple
08-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Upcoming free agents (http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2001/05/potential-free-agents-for-2011.html)

Crawford?

oeo
08-30-2010, 11:36 PM

I really don't want to deal Danks, but Adrian Gonzalez would be defensible. The guy is a monster away from Petco and would easily be an annual MVP candidate at the Cell.

Though, I don't know what San Diego is planning on doing with him now that they've turned the ship around. Plus, don't really think they'd be looking for pitching, especially one that's due a big deal soon.

I don't think Sale will be in the rotation next year anyway. Will probably be in the pen for the entire year.

hi im skot
08-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Crawford?

I'd rather have Danks than Crawford.

soxinem1
08-30-2010, 11:38 PM
No. He will probably be in the rotation next year. He needs more experience than this.

Adam Wainright did it for STL a few years ago. Got them a World Series ring!!!

And the next year, he was in the rotation.

Sale is not Mike Bertotti or Kelly Wunsch. Wasted as a LOOGY, IMHO. He can get anyone out.

Besides, I'm sure Ozzie and KW will rationalize why he should be in AAA or the pen next year while Freddy is kept for his experience and Jarrod Washburn is brought in to ST 2011 for the same reason......

oeo
08-30-2010, 11:43 PM
Adam Wainright did it for STL a few years ago. Got them a World Series ring!!!

And the next year, he was in the rotation.

Sale is not Mike Bertotti or Kelly Wunsch. Wasted as a LOOGY, IMHO. He can get anyone out.

Besides, I'm sure Ozzie and KW will rationalize why he should be in AAA or the pen next year while Freddy is kept for his experience and Jarrod Washburn is brought in to ST 2011 for the same reason......

Since when has he been used as a LOOGY?

And I think they'd be smart to not throw him into the rotation next year. I'm still worried whether he's going to be able to handle that type of load right now.

guillensdisciple
08-30-2010, 11:46 PM
I'd rather have Danks than Crawford.

Even with the potential of Sale becoming a shut down starting pitcher? While I understand nothing is certain, perhaps a gamble like that for a player that could become a top tier pitcher is worth it. Just an idea.

Madscout
08-30-2010, 11:49 PM
If Sale is in the rotation next year, they better have lots of options behind him for when he gets dead arm midseason. No significant time in the minors = not ready for a full major league season. Keep Garcia for the pen and have him spot start to give the kid some rest, along with Pena, who has been absolutely money out of the pen for us this year.

Speaking of which, I wonder if guys like Pena are easy to come by. Last year, we have DJ, who saved us quite a many times as a long reliever, and this year we have Pena, who has done the same.

Madscout
08-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Even with the potential of Sale becoming a shut down starting pitcher? While I understand nothing is certain, perhaps a gamble like that for a player that could become a top tier pitcher is worth it. Just an idea.

It would have to be Crawford + several prospects. You don't give up a starter just starting to enter his prime for a 30 y/o outfielder...not straight up.

ZombieRob
08-31-2010, 02:55 AM
I think the question really has to be, can he hold up as a starter with that motion? Or would it benefit him in the long run to stay starter? It looks to me all his power comes from his arm and not the hips or legs, which could be dangerous.

Moses_Scurry
08-31-2010, 05:57 AM
Sale will be next year's Dan Hudson. In the minors waiting for the first injury ( Peavy?).

kevingrt
08-31-2010, 07:23 AM
Sale will be next year's Dan Hudson. In the minors waiting for the first injury ( Peavy?).

I agree. I just hope he is not traded like Daniel.

Hitmen77
08-31-2010, 07:52 AM

They might not know until April whether Peavy is truly recovered from his injury and ready to be a competitive pitcher at the MLB level. Because of that, they might me reluctant to part with Danks, Floyd, or Jackson (Buehrle isn't going anywhere) during the offseason.

The plan is probably to have Sale start at AAA next year waiting in the wings in case one of our starters goes down.

Randar68
08-31-2010, 09:36 AM
If Sale continues to pitch like he has KW might be more inclined to give up Danks. I won't be surprised to see Danks traded this off season.

I have no idea where you get that. They have said from the beginning that the quick path this year was a bullpen role and next year he will move back to starter. Of course they will "give him a chance" in spring training, but they will have Mark, Danks, Floyd, Peavy, and Jackson with possibly resigning Garcia if Peavy is in doubt.

Sale has not pitched one inning of pro ball as a starter. He will be in AA to start next season if not high-A.

Kenny doesn't trade guys he has on the arbitration clock until they are imminently about to become FA's and even then he only does it if the team is not in contention. He's been GM long enough to make the pattern a useful reference.

Randar68
08-31-2010, 09:42 AM
If Sale is in the rotation next year, they better have lots of options behind him for when he gets dead arm midseason

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Chris Sale has now pitched 112 innings this season and this is far and away the most innings he's ever pitched.

If you want to stretch him out, build stamina (and the kid needs to fill out his frame a bit, IMO), you don't trade a #2/3 starting pitcher under arbitration control to do it at the major league level. That's suicide for the pitcher and the organization.

enurb
08-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Just a thought -- go to a four man rotation until Putz and Thornton are back and move Buehrle or Garcia to the pen temporarily.

Not sure I like it though. Better option is for our starters to man-up and give us 7 strong innings on regular rest. Buehrle needed to go 7 last night -- bad team, bullpen hurting, team needed it.

Nice outing by Linebrink. Keep em' coming.

Later,

Brune

Tragg
08-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Chris Sale for starter.
Longer career.
Why should he get a dead arm?

Zisk77
08-31-2010, 11:31 AM
My two cents:

1. We won't trade Danks
2. If peavey can't gos Sale takes his spot
3. If Peavy recovers (I expect he will) Sale closes, Thornton/Santos set-up
4. Putz & Jenks leave. Putz as a plan A FA recouping draft picks. Though wouldn't be completely shocked if Jenks is offered arb.
5. If Jackson leaves as FA after next year Sale starts maybe Santos becomes closer.

Randar68
08-31-2010, 11:33 AM
Chris Sale for starter.
Longer career.
Why should he get a dead arm?

Because he's never pitched more than 112 innings in a season. You want to trade your 200 IP #2/#3 starter to count on a kid who's never thrown 120 innings before? I don't.

Lip Man 1
08-31-2010, 11:52 AM
Randar:

Accoirding to the newspaper today Thornton threw yesterday, is pitching a simulated game today or tomorrow and should be activated on time.

I'm not going to rush a kid with very little experience regardless of the situation and potentially ruin him. The Sox have done that trick for a decade and it hasn't worked.

They are still four behind Minnesota with 31 to play and with a more difficult schedule. They are probably not going to catch them, I'm not willing to risk a kid on a longshot at best.

Lip

Harry Chappas
08-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Question about Sale: What's the velocity on his fastball? I was watching the game a few nights again and the gun had him at 99 mph. Was this an aberration or can this kid really throw in the high 90s?

With his mix of pitches, funky motion, velocity, and the fact that he's a lefty, I think he can be special.

oeo
08-31-2010, 12:09 PM
Question about Sale: What's the velocity on his fastball? I was watching the game a few nights again and the gun had him at 99 mph. Was this an aberration or can this kid really throw in the high 90s?

With his mix of pitches, funky motion, velocity, and the fact that he's a lefty, I think he can be special.

He consistently is in the upper-90s, including 99. I've yet to see him top that, but he's hit it quite a few times. And that's in multiple parks, even though the Cell is pretty consistent. The fact that he can paint the corners with it is sick.

Domeshot17
08-31-2010, 12:13 PM
I am normally not an apologist, but Jenks didn't really get hit hard at all last night. The double, but other than that some flairs, the error etc.

hi im skot
08-31-2010, 12:41 PM
He consistently is in the upper-90s, including 99. I've yet to see him top that, but he's hit it quite a few times. And that's in multiple parks, even though the Cell is pretty consistent. The fact that he can paint the corners with it is sick.

He was hitting 100 in Kansas City; don't know much about their gun, though.

DirtySox
08-31-2010, 12:43 PM
He was hitting 100 in Kansas City; don't know much about their gun, though.

Yea, I was at that game and was skeptical.

Callis seemed to think the gun was warm, same with many other sources.

Harry Chappas
08-31-2010, 02:49 PM

The pitch I saw that hit 99mph sure looked fast. But I thought in the pre-draft bios I read that he was 93-94, tops. In any case, I'd say barring injury, the Sox got the steal of the draft. This kid has remarkable composure for someone who was pitching for some Florida directional school I've never heard of less than a year ago. It's been quite a while since I was this excited about a young pitching prospect.

Zisk77
08-31-2010, 03:07 PM

I was at that KC series. His stuff was electric that night and he was noticeably throwing it way harder than anybody.

DirtySox
08-31-2010, 03:08 PM
I was at that KC series. His stuff was electric that night and he was noticeably throwing it way harder than anybody.

Scouts were pointing at KC relievers who were also in the high 90's that night who normally don't throw that hard.

DirtySox
08-31-2010, 03:10 PM
I'd say barring injury, the Sox got the steal of the draft. This kid has remarkable composure for someone who was pitching for some Florida directional school I've never heard of less than a year ago. It's been quite a while since I was this excited about a young pitching prospect.

Agree with all of this.

I can't wait to see his changeup. He's only using 2 pitches as a reliever. It's supposedly a plus pitch. Mix that in with the slider and mid to upper 90's heat, and the Sox might have something special here.

MisterB
08-31-2010, 03:22 PM

Neither of them were only 2 months into their pro careers when they got the call, though.

And trading Danks right now would be astonishingly idiotic. He's young, even with a hefty arbitration award he's relatively cheap, and he's been our most effective starter so far. Sale will get his ML starts next year when Peavy goes on the DL again...

Craig Grebeck
08-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Sale was sitting 97 on Sunday according to the park gun, with 2-3 pitches at 99. The USCF gun could be hot though, I don't know.

sullythered
08-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Sale was sitting 97 on Sunday according to the park gun, with 2-3 pitches at 99. The USCF gun could be hot though, I don't know.

Even if the gun's hot (which I think it probably is) he's still sitting probably 95 and topping at 97, with 3 pitches and a really tough motion to pick up on. Color me excited for his future.

Uncontested
08-31-2010, 04:55 PM

David Price says hello

ghostface36
08-31-2010, 06:03 PM
i cant wait to see Sale as a starter
dude has absolutely lights out stuff plus a pitch we haven't even seen before
i cant believe this dude fell to us in the draft, absolute steal

Zisk77
08-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Scouts were pointing at KC relievers who were also in the high 90's that night who normally don't throw that hard.

Well if any of those pitches were to hit a batter it would leave a hell of an exit wound! :redneck

Randar68
08-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Randar:

Accoirding to the newspaper today Thornton threw yesterday, is pitching a simulated game today or tomorrow and should be activated on time.

I'm not going to rush a kid with very little experience regardless of the situation and potentially ruin him. The Sox have done that trick for a decade and it hasn't worked.

You mean like when they used Mark Buehrle as setup man in a playoff run 1 year after being drafted in the 38th or whatever round or when they used Jenks as closer on the way to a World Series? Man, they sure know how to ruin those pitchers, don't they?

Pitchers either have that mentality to get over it, or they don't. You don't "ruin" a pitcher by putting them in tough situations, you learn what they're made of. You ruin pitchers by treating them like pieces of meat or not taking their personality and mentality into account. Sale has been stoic on the mound and is an obvious competitor.

Lip Man 1
08-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Both Buehrle and Jenks had a ton of more pro experience then Sale.

But your position is pointless since the Sox aren't going to do it, not with them adding pitchers this week including Thornton.

Lip

Tragg
08-31-2010, 09:39 PM
If you're talking about this year, fine. He's up, he's pitching, so why not as closer.

LT, starter please.

That will give us the leverage to trade one of the current starters to get a young, athletic hitter or two onto this team.

Randar68
08-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Both Buehrle and Jenks had a ton of more pro experience then Sale.

But your position is pointless since the Sox aren't going to do it, not with them adding pitchers this week including Thornton.

Lip

Mark Buehrle pitched 30 starts between low A and AA. That is his entire minor league career.

I guess that's "a ton" these days too? Whatever.

Randar68
08-31-2010, 09:43 PM
If you're talking about this year, fine. He's up, he's pitching, so why not as closer.

LT, starter please.

That will give us the leverage to trade one of the current starters to get a young, athletic hitter or two onto this team.

Bingo. He's still going to be in the minors next year as a starter too. You do not want to be counting on him to make 32-35 starts next year. He's never pitched HALF that many innings as a starter in a season.

Tragg
08-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Bingo. He's still going to be in the minors next year as a starter too. You do not want to be counting on him to make 32-35 starts next year. He's never pitched HALF that many innings as a starter in a season.

You're probably right about that. That's fine though. He should be a long term asset to this team.

Lip Man 1
08-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Randar:

30 starts is a ton more than what Sale has. I just don't get why you're being so hostile over this.

It's not going to happen... deal with it and move along. It's a moot point since it's September, the call ups are coming and Thornton returns this week.

Lip

Lip Man 1
08-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Tragg:

I don't think the Sox are going to have starters to spare next year like many believe. The probably aren't re-signing Garcia and Peavy is still a question until he shows otherwise.

You need five starters to win, the Sox apparently put a higher premium on pitching than hitting so minus Freddy they have nothing to deal.

I'd wager the rotation next year is Buehrle, Floyd, Danks, Pavy and Jackson.

Lip

Randar68
08-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Randar:

30 starts is a ton more than what Sale has. I just don't get why you're being so hostile over this.

It's not going to happen... deal with it and move along. It's a moot point since it's September, the call ups are coming and Thornton returns this week.

#1) Jenks hasn't proven able to get ANYONE out.
#2) Thornton is coming off elbow soreness. Why do you think he suddenly comes back and is equivalent to the Thornton of the past 2 years? Possible? Sure. Wishful thinking? Extremely likely
#3) You've already written off the season. Good thing you don't run the organization. I expect those running the organization to be focused on winning, not throwing in the towel and avoiding trying to fix a broken situation.
#4) It may not happen, but that doesn't mean it SHOULDN'T. And if people shouldn't talk about these options, why are we (you included) posting on a message board?

Your whole premise is relatively absurd.

Randar68
08-31-2010, 10:38 PM
they have nothing to deal.

I'd wager the rotation next year is Buehrle, Floyd, Danks, Pavy and Jackson.

Not saying it will or SHOULD happen, but if dealing Danks lands them a stud everyday player, they COULD trade him and resign Freddie to a 1 or 2 yr deal to tide them over till Sale is ready.

I personally think they are better off holding their cards given Peavy's issues (as it stands today), but if they feel sufficiently weak on offense, I don't know how else they'll address it.

Randar68
09-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Randar:

Lip

Gee, Lip, that was sure fast. I hope they didnt ruin Sale today, LOL

salty99
09-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Randar:

Lip

Oops!

tstrike2000
09-01-2010, 03:30 PM
I really don't want to deal Danks, but Adrian Gonzalez would be defensible. The guy is a monster away from Petco and would easily be an annual MVP candidate at the Cell.

Though, I don't know what San Diego is planning on doing with him now that they've turned the ship around. Plus, don't really think they'd be looking for pitching, especially one that's due a big deal soon.

I don't think Sale will be in the rotation next year anyway. Will probably be in the pen for the entire year.

Fortunately or unfortunately, San Diego's year in addition to Paulie's probably puts Gonzalez way off Kenny's radar.

kobo
09-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Gee, Lip, that was sure fast. I hope they didnt ruin Sale today, LOL
You do realize that the only reason he closed today is because there was no other option, right? And for all the **** Jenks takes for walking people in the 9th, the same **** has to be given to Sale.

Craig Grebeck
09-01-2010, 04:10 PM
You do realize that the only reason he closed today is because there was no other option, right? And for all the **** Jenks takes for walking people in the 9th, the same **** has to be given to Sale.
apples/oranges

fram40
09-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Chris Sale - and pitchers like him - are a dime a dozen

Just ask Rob Neyer: http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/5148/how-unlikely-is-chris-sale

I like Neyer - for a national writer he is pretty good - but I don't believe he has ever written a positive word about the White Sox.

This blurb is over the top - "many hundreds of pitchers" could be "excellent relievers". If there are many hundreds - why do so many bullpens suck? Has even Phil Rogers ever written anything this ridiculous?

ghostface36
09-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Chris Sale - and pitchers like him - are a dime a dozen

Just ask Rob Neyer: http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/5148/how-unlikely-is-chris-sale

I like Neyer - for a national writer he is pretty good - but I don't believe he has ever written a positive word about the White Sox.

This blurb is over the top - "many hundreds of pitchers" could be "excellent relievers". If there are many hundreds - why do so many bullpens suck? Has even Phil Rogers ever written anything this ridiculous?
lol
rob neyer is a douchebag

Lip Man 1
09-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Salty:

The Sox are projecting him as going back to the minors next season to stretch out and become a full time starter.

This is a moot point or as Joey says, a moo point, the point of view of a cow.

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/joey-tribbiani-20685.jpg

Lip