PDA

View Full Version : Joe Crede has 18 home runs?

SoxxoS
06-26-2002, 10:33 PM
I mean, keeping this guy in the minor leagues is a disgrace to the whole White Sox organization, all minor league 3B, and the Crede family. There is no other way to describe it.

MattSharp
06-26-2002, 11:31 PM
He has more HRs in the minors than any Sox player. And the ironic thing is they only talk about him as an average hitter (meaning like middle of the road) and a great defensive player and look at his offensive numbers.

What a disgrace.....

Nellie_Fox
06-27-2002, 01:34 AM
The big question is, how are the Sox going to make room for him? Who are you going to release? Because I don't think they have any position players who have any options left.

delben91
06-27-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp
He has more HRs in the minors than any Sox player. And the ironic thing is they only talk about him as an average hitter (meaning like middle of the road) and a great defensive player and look at his offensive numbers.

What a disgrace.....

Not to rain on anyone's parade, because I too am and have been a big Crede supporter, but how many of those HRs came in Charlotte's stadium? I remember reading that they have a bandbox there. Doesn't mean he doesn't have the skills to be a good hitter, just that his power numbers may be a bit inflated.

TornLabrum
06-27-2002, 08:30 AM
Not to rain on anyone's parade, because I too am and have been a big Crede supporter, but how many of those HRs came in Charlotte's stadium? I remember reading that they have a bandbox there. Doesn't mean he doesn't have the skills to be a good hitter, just that his power numbers may be a bit inflated.

I don't know what the distances are down the lines in Charlotte, but a few weeks ago on The Score, their play-by-play announcer said that the power alleys are only 345 feet. That's why I don't put too much credence in those power numbers.

Randar68
06-27-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

I don't know what the distances are down the lines in Charlotte, but a few weeks ago on The Score, their play-by-play announcer said that the power alleys are only 345 feet. That's why I don't put too much credence in those power numbers.

In July, his HR totals have been:
Home 5, Road 4

DrCrawdad
06-27-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
That's why I don't put too much credence in those power numbers.

Intentional or unintentional, I like the Crede's credence play on words.