PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think has the more promising future?

JermaineDye05
08-30-2010, 02:41 AM
We had a thread earlier similar to this in regards to Beckham and Viciedo, but given Sale's recent success, I feel a new thread was in order.

CWSpalehoseCWS
08-30-2010, 02:46 AM
They all seem to be players that will make it in the majors. Beckham seems to still have the greatest upside and is the farthest ahead. Sale worries me with injury possibilities because of his motion and Viciedo needs to learn a few things before being ready for the show.

delben91
08-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Beckham as an all around player. Viciedo just as a pure hitter.

DumpJerry
08-30-2010, 10:59 AM
It's a tie between Sale and Beckham.

harwar
08-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Beckham -- You may rely on it

Sale -- Outlook good

Viciedo -- Reply hazy, try again

Pablo_Honey
08-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Beckham: My opinion of him has gone down this season although that's not necessarily a bad thing because I think we expected too much from him. Right now, I think he will be a better version of Casey Blake. You know, a guy who won't win any awards but does everything well. He has a 20 homerun potential and that's great for a second baseman whose glove ain't too shabby either.

Sale: Sale is this year's Beckham. There is no doubt that he has easily the best of any pitchers we drafted in the last few years, and he's backing up that stuff with numbers. If all goes well, we will have an ace we've been seeking. If his arm doesn't hold up, Sale could be used as a closer and he will also excel there. I think he has the most promising future of the three.

Viciedo: He needs to refine his games further. The power is definitely there, but pretty much every other aspect of his game is lacking. If he can learn to draw a reasonable amount of walks and be adequate glove at third, he will be here to stay. I'd say the potential is higher than Beckham but the polish is severly lacking.

OmahaSoxFan
08-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Beckham looks like a potential all-star in the making, he has shown flashes of brilliance in the field this year at second base (remember he has less than 1 1/2 seasons of MLB experience, and played mostly 3B last year - finally getting back to his "normal" position this season), and his hitting (as of late) has really improved and he appears to be seeing the ball well.

I think Sale has tremendous upside potential as well, but as "CWSpalehose" mentioned, his pitching motion has me concerned that he will be prone to arm injuries. Hopefully that won't be an issue, and if it isn't, he'll be right there with Beckham as a very promising future star for the White Sox.

Viciedo has impressed me with his power at the plate, but Beckham's durability as what I believe will be an above average fielder (where Viciedo is a below average fielder at best) and his more consistent at-bats (drawing walks and getting plenty of doubles) gives Beckham the easy nod there.

Either way, I am a fan of all three of these "future" stars and can't wait to see more from each of the three!