PDA

View Full Version : What happened...

RKMeibalane
06-26-2002, 10:06 PM
...during the ninth inning? I saw that Frank singled to drive in a run, but Lofton was held at third. Kevingrt made a comment about how Lofton would have scored if the game had not been played in a dome. What did he mean by that?

Jjav829
06-26-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
...during the ninth inning? I saw that Frank singled to drive in a run, but Lofton was held at third. Kevingrt made a comment about how Lofton would have scored if the game had not been played in a dome. What did he mean by that?

Frank smashed a ball to left field. Jones got to the ball quick and there was no way in hell Lofton was gonna score. He might have scored if it was on grass, he might not have. Who knows, who cares now. It's a moot point.

Iguana775
06-26-2002, 10:14 PM
the good news is that frank came up with a big hit that could have tied the game anywhere but the twinkie dome. the sox really could use his help of a few years ago.

cheeses_h_rice
06-26-2002, 10:24 PM
Lofton would have been out by about 30 feet if Wavin' Wally sent him; he was barely around third as the ball was being winged in from Left. Even on grass, I doubt that he could have made it. Still, the damn ball bounced up just like a Super Ball after hitting the turf when Frank hit it; right into Hunter's glove.

But, typical Sox loss: just when we get something good from Carlos and Frank, Maggs has an awful night.