PDA

View Full Version : The Hot Dog Guy

JermaineDye05
08-27-2010, 08:33 PM
I can't be the only one who's noticed this and I'm sure it's been discussed before, but does anyone happen to know the hot dog guy at the Cell? I've seen and of course heard him at games I've been too and he's the only vendor that I've actually been able to hear during a broadcast. I have to think he's got some sort of super vocal chords because I've never come across anyone else who's voice can project so well from such a long distance.

LoveYourSuit
08-27-2010, 08:36 PM
He sure is ****ing annoying.

sodfatherjunior
08-27-2010, 08:39 PM

c'mon....don't talk about Antonio that way!! He does a lot for this city, ICE CREAM!! at Bulls games, and the occasional LEMON CHILL!! at the ballpark as well

JermaineDye05
08-27-2010, 08:41 PM
c'mon....don't talk about Antonio that way!! He does a lot for this city, ICE CREAM!! at Bulls games, and the occasional LEMON CHILL!! at the ballpark as well

Does he work Cubs games as well? I think I've heard him before when I've been to Wrigley.

hoosiersoxfan
08-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah my old roommate does a spot on impression of him. He yells it whenever we are at games and gets a laugh every time. The vender is quite obnoxious but hey if it helps him sell hot dogs all power to him.

gregoriop
08-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Who is the

I'VE
GOT
BEEER!

guy on the lower deck? That guy is awesome.

konerko 14
08-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Who is the

I'VE
GOT
BEEER!

I hear that guy at every game :D:

sodfatherjunior
08-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Who is the

I'VE
GOT
BEEER!

Are you referring to THE Russell T. Nelson aka Miiiilllleeeer Liiiittte......if you ask nicely he will give you his baseball card with all places he's sold beer at on the back of the card

stacksedwards
08-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Top 3 vendors
1. Mr. Burns
2. Singing beer man
3. Pippen
Honorable mention
* old lady

jej254
08-27-2010, 10:06 PM
i like the dancing vendor....:bandance::bandance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiDWBnQtBNw

ChiSoxGirl
08-27-2010, 10:43 PM

YES!!!! He yells so loud that it's distracting when I'm listening to the game on the radio.

I don't know what annoys me more... the way he yells "HOT DOGS!!!" so loud that it comes through on my radio and interrupts my concentration on the game, or the way he screams, "ICE CREAM!!!"

Top 3 vendors
1. Mr. Burns
2. Singing beer man
3. Pippen
Honorable mention
* old lady

He's a dead ringer for Scottie, too!

This person isn't a vendor, but has anyone seen, or rather heard, the Split the Pot Raffle Ticket chick?! You know the one I'm talking about..., "Over fouuuuuur thouuuuusand dollars... went to yesterDAY's winner." I don't care where in the ballpark I'm sitting, this chick always manages to be selling raffle tickets were I am. I've even seen her at SoxFest!

GoGoCrede
08-27-2010, 11:06 PM
i like the dancing vendor....:bandance::bandance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiDWBnQtBNw

Me too, he's hilarious! I'm glad we have some memorable vendors at our park.

Vestigio
08-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Whats more annoying "HOT DOGS!" or "Don't stop now boys"? I cannot decide :gah:

JermaineDye05
08-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Whats more annoying "HOT DOGS!" or "Don't stop now boys"? I cannot decide :gah:

The Twins.

manders_01
08-27-2010, 11:41 PM
he sure is ****ing annoying.

Quoted for truth

Vestigio
08-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Well thats assumed :wink:

Coops4Aces
08-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Is this the same guy that does cotton candy? Cause there is a dude who yells cotton candy so loud and crazily that I can't help but laugh.

ChiSoxGirl
08-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Is this the same guy that does cotton candy? Cause there is a dude who yells cotton candy so loud and crazily that I can't help but laugh.

Is he the one that yells, "COTTON CANDY... for the love of God!!!!?"

hi im skot
08-27-2010, 11:50 PM

Different guy. He finally got promoted to selling beer.

I love that guy.

roylestillman
08-28-2010, 12:12 AM
On the other end of the spectrum is that older Asian woman vendor who peeps "hotdog"

I am convinced that the 83 pound cotton candy guy (who is skinnier than the pole he carries) is Chris Sales grandfather.

Coops4Aces
08-28-2010, 12:19 AM
On the other end of the spectrum is that older Asian woman vendor who peeps "hotdog"

I am convinced that the 83 pound cottom candy guy (who is skinnier than the pole he carries) is Chris Sales grandfather.

I love the old guy. I always talk to him.

But yeah, what's the deal with the old lady who no one can here?

tacosalbarojas
08-28-2010, 12:22 AM
Some of these folks have real problems. The Hot Dog guy is one of them. There's also the beer vendor who is absolutely lit at every game. You guys know the one. Slurs his words ALL the time...must drink like a fish. The singing vendor who works the first base side is okay for the first two times you see his act...after that, I want him to just STOP. Half of them are frustrated actors, and there is a good reason they are frustrated. My guy Lee, who works the 3b side mostly is what I like...understated, gets his beer sold and gets the hell out of my way while I'm trying to watch the game. All vendors should be like that.

dwitt76
08-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Hot dog guy is super loud, works at Wrigley as well.

DumpJerry
08-28-2010, 01:24 AM

He is worst than that.

Who is the

I'VE
GOT
BEEER!

He needs a sock shoved in his throat.

Top 3 vendors
2. Singing beer man

Needs to be shot. My friend who tends bar at the United Center is sooo sick of his shtick. She has to listen to him all game long.

Needs to be shot and run over with a Ford F-650. Twice.

Nellie_Fox
08-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Needs to be shot and run over with a Ford F-650. Twice.Just to put an F-650 in perspective, because most people have never seen one:

http://www.marax.at/funpix/ford_f650_01.jpg

TheOldRoman
08-28-2010, 01:35 AM
The hot dog man is inanely loud. I was at a game with probably 30,000 in attendance, I was sitting behind the Sox dugout and between plays I heard him from behind the visitors' dugout. Not only does he yell, he also slams the metal lid of his hot dog container REALLY loudly. It is always funny when he walks down an aisle and catches someone off guard, slamming the thing near their head and causing them to go deaf for several minutes.

DumpJerry
08-28-2010, 01:42 AM
Just to put an F-650 in perspective, because most people have never seen one:
Buehrle has one. I've seen him drive it out of the player's parking lot. Wow.

RadioheadRocks
08-28-2010, 01:44 AM
I remember back at old Comiskey Park there was an older guy who sold hot dogs in the left field stands. What drove most people crazy about this guy is he would always walk right in front of everyone (especially those sitting in the front row) when selling his hot dogs.

GoGoCrede
08-28-2010, 01:45 AM

Yeah, I saw it in an article a few years back, while he parked it in a gas station. He looked positively tiny next to it.

doublem23
08-28-2010, 01:49 AM

I think Buehrle's is only an F-350.

EDIT: I was right: http://deadspin.com/5263393/mark-buehrles-truck-will-cause-ice-caps-to-melt

Still gigantic.

Nellie_Fox
08-28-2010, 02:25 AM

EDIT: I was right: http://deadspin.com/5263393/mark-buehrles-truck-will-cause-ice-caps-to-melt

Still gigantic.Yeah, a 350 is a brute, but a 650 would hardly notice the bump as it crushed a 350.

Meixner007
08-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Top 3 vendors
1. Mr. Burns
2. Singing beer man
3. Pippen
Honorable mention
* old lady

I am convinced that the 83 pound cotton candy guy (who is skinnier than the pole he carries) is Chris Sales grandfather.

Old Asian lady is the best.

esbrechtel
08-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Different guy. He finally got promoted to selling beer.

I love that guy.

That guy was great when he was selling the dollar hot dogs last year...

"dollar hot dogs for a dollar...for the love of god buy a dollar hot dog its only a dollar....If you buy them I can go home!"

esbrechtel
08-28-2010, 09:26 AM

she used to be the basis of someones sig

CWSpalehoseCWS
08-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Who is the

I'VE
GOT
BEEER!

He is epic. Usually says "Nostrovia" after you buy one. I always respond back with "Dziekuje."

DumpJerry
08-28-2010, 10:37 AM
I remember back at old Comiskey Park there was an older guy who sold hot dogs in the left field stands. What drove most people crazy about this guy is he would always walk right in front of everyone (especially those sitting in the front row) when selling his hot dogs.
During the Veeck Years, we would always sit in the front row of the Right Field UD. There was a 500 year old man (yes, he was that old) who sold ice cream in the cups with the wooden spoons who would walk across the row getting in our way every game during the cold months. I usually bought an ice cream from him because I felt sorry that he had to lug all that ice cream around at his age. He was a short, stooped over man.....

hawkjt
08-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Yeah, a 350 is a brute, but a 650 would hardly notice the bump as it crushed a 350.

You need Buehrle's contract to afford the gas for either of those trucks.
I cannot believe that Ford sells enough of those to make much money.

twentywontowin
08-28-2010, 11:05 AM

Still gigantic.

The caption is wrong. It's an F-650 because of the chassis. You can take the bed off of the back and put a dump on it. Buehrle's was custom built to have a bed like an F-350.

If it was a true F-350, the chassis is much smaller.

twentywontowin
08-28-2010, 11:21 AM
You need Buehrle's contract to afford the gas for either of those trucks.
I cannot believe that Ford sells enough of those to make much money.

They sell quite a few actually, because most are converted into being tow trucks, boom lifts, or dump trucks. You buy an F-650 chassis, and then it's sent off to whatever company you need to customize it.

There's actually an F-750 as well.

Chez
08-28-2010, 11:37 AM

Talk about someone ill suited for her job! She is the world's quietest vendor. My favorite beer vendor is Roger, the guy who looks like he belongs at a Grateful Dead concert circa 1970. Great guy.

Bucky F. Dent
08-28-2010, 01:15 PM
There was a concessionaire (sp?) at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis that used to sell shaved ice. He was a pretty disheveled character, and used to scare the hell out of people as he screamed "shaved ice!"

Coops4Aces
08-28-2010, 01:19 PM
There was a concessionaire (sp?) at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis that used to sell shaved ice. He was a pretty disheveled character, and used to scare the hell out of people as he screamed "shaved ice!"
That sounds like the cotton candy guy I'm thinking of.

Harry Potter
08-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Who is the

I'VE
GOT
BEEER!

Isn't he the guy that won the Miller Lite vendor contest this year and got the bobblehead made in his likeness?

On the other end of the spectrum is that older Asian woman vendor who peeps "hotdog" Gotta love Ho Pun. There is a "Ho Pun is my favorite Chicago baseball Vendor" fan page on Facebook

This person isn't a vendor, but has anyone seen, or rather heard, the Split the Pot Raffle Ticket chick?! You know the one I'm talking about..., "Over fouuuuuur thouuuuusand dollars... went to yesterDAY's winner." I don't care where in the ballpark I'm sitting, this chick always manages to be selling raffle tickets were I am. I've even seen her at SoxFest! That girl is annoying as ****. And not that bright either. A game this summer she was holding her sign that said last nights winner won $4,900 and kept yelling that last nights winner won "Over fiiiiiiiiiiiiive thouuuuusand dollars" Stay in school kids! :cool:

:threadrules:

MarySwiss
08-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I thought so at first also, but now I've come to think of him as part of the experience of watching my Sox play. :smile:

WhiteSox5187
08-28-2010, 04:10 PM

I seldom sit in the lower deck but every time I do I want to say "Here, let me take that hotdog thing from you," it looks like it weighs about as much as she does.

ewokpelts
08-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Old Asian lady is the best.she's equally hilarious selling beer

downstairs
08-30-2010, 04:27 PM
I guess I could see it being annoying, but I always found it to be a nice part of the experience.

UofCSoxFan
08-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Does he work Cubs games as well? I think I've heard him before when I've been to Wrigley.

I think a lot of the vendors do since the teams are almost always not at home the same day; it effectively doubles the days they can work. It does cause some issues I'm sure on the 1 or 2 sereies a year both teams are in town, at different parks.

MarySwiss
08-30-2010, 08:06 PM
I think a lot of the vendors do since the teams are almost always not at home the same day; it effectively doubles the days they can work. It does cause some issues I'm sure on the 1 or 2 sereies a year both teams are in town, at different parks.

Unless they do things differently these days, you are correct. Back in the late 50s-early '70s, my mother and aunts used to work not only Sox and Cubs games, but also at the various racetracks.

hula
08-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Maybe it's because I'm sick as a dog with a terrible cold, exhausted and punchy cos I was up till 3:30am blowing my noise non-stop (and then up for work @ 6:30), but you guys have me laughing my butt off with your comments!!

Just to be sure, are you guys talking about the guy who yells, "Hey Hot Dog, Polish!" like he could care less? I used to hear all the time last year when watching the games on TV. Every time he said it I would repeat it, just cos he sounded so funny! Haven't heard him so much this year....

Was hoping to find when attending Nancy Faust Day, which I have tix for, but probably can't afford to make the trek all the way up from NC. Nice seats behind the plate too. Look for 'em on Stubhub soon.....bummer!

Whitesox029
08-31-2010, 01:13 AM
I have a hilarious story about The Hot Dog Guy that I might have shared on here before, but I might as well again, since it's the subject of this thread. One time, The Hot Dog Guy came down our aisle, and my dad audibly joked, "How'd you like to live with that guy?: 'HEY HONEY CAN I GET SOME COFFEE?'" He yelled the last part pretty loud, and The Hot Dog Guy must have heard him, because he came back down a few steps and yelled "HOT DOGS!" about 12 inches from my dad's ear.

LongLiveFisk
08-31-2010, 01:30 AM
Who is the

I'VE
GOT
BEEER!

Does he have a really scratchy voice? He is loud and scratchy and I think he sometimes just says "COLD BEER!!!!"