PDA

View Full Version : Cowley is at it again: Ozzie or Kenny leaving the Sox?

Rockabilly
08-27-2010, 05:04 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/2643114,CST-SPT-sox27.article

I can't wait for Cowley to leave town

TheOldRoman
08-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Funny that Cowley avoided mentioning how Ozzie let us know Cowley lied about Ozzie and Coop asking for more pitchers and feeling betrayed when nobody was called up.

Rdy2PlayBall
08-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Is this conflict the biggest story he has ever done in his life or something? It seems like a non-story to me now.

ZombieRob
08-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Funny that Cowley avoided mentioning how Ozzie let us know Cowley lied about Ozzie and Coop asking for more pitchers and feeling betrayed when nobody was called up.
And were supposed to take Ozzies word for that? Of course they are going to spin something else.

Also might as well blast Scott Gregor because his article has added fuel to the fire.

SoxandtheCityTee
08-27-2010, 06:00 PM
I thought Cowley hated Mariotti? And now he's acting like him -- well not the violence -- but the non-journalism journalism, injecting yourself into the story, manufacturing the story out of nothing if you need to . . . . and then calling out all the other sportwriters in town for their lack of stones that you supposedly have. What a shame spiral.

Frontman
08-27-2010, 07:24 PM
I thought Cowley hated Mariotti? And now he's acting like him -- well not the violence -- but the non-journalism journalism, injecting yourself into the story, manufacturing the story out of nothing if you need to . . . . and then calling out all the other sportwriters in town for their lack of stones that you supposedly have. What a shame spiral.

Is Cowley getting another job? Sounds to me like he needs to start a fight with Ozzie, then show up with brownies as a peace offering....

TheOldRoman
08-27-2010, 07:33 PM
And were supposed to take Ozzies word for that? Of course they are going to spin something else.

Also might as well blast Scott Gregor because his article has added fuel to the fire.Please link to that story. The only story I found of his is from yesterday morning and it mentions in one sentence the "Ozzie Guillen-Oney Guillen-Kenny Williams feud." He didn't back up what Cowley said. Cowley took what lowlife Oney said and repeated it to cause a fire. He claimed Ozzie and Cooper wanted more pitchers to be brought up, but Kenny didn't listen and the whole team, including coaches, were disheartened. All the while Kenny sat in a comedy club cheating on his wife (hearsay and has nothing to do with the story).

As it turns out, Ozzie and Cooper said they didn't need another pitcher, they were fine. Kenny showed reporters texts between him and the coaches. Ozzie also confirmed that he told nothing to Oney, so Oney and Cowley were lying. Ozzie said it, Kenny said it and then showed reporters proof of it. Of course, Cowley and Oney are in all their glory making up "the team hates Williams and feels betrayed" stories which can't be disproven because players would deny it even if it were true.

daveeym
08-27-2010, 07:36 PM

Eh I'm not a big cowley fan but comparing him to the windsock is unfair. The last week or so he's been very upfront and forward about the fact the suntimes expects them to more or less editorialize. He's got dual roles, game beat reporter and then this schlock.

This clearly falls under his opinion and is sensationalized but he's not hiding it like the windsock.

doublem23
08-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Dear Joe Cowley,

Get ****ed. You are an embarrassment. Please pull a Piniella and leave ASAP.

<3, Doub

P.S. Take Oney with you.

spawn
08-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Dear Joe Cowley,

Get ****ed. You are an embarrassment. Please pull a Piniella and leave ASAP.

<3, Doub

P.S. Take Oney with you.
Word.

Frontman
08-27-2010, 10:45 PM
:whatever: To Cowley, Oney, Huey, Duey, Louie; or anyone else who gives "inside information" like this nonsense.

DirtySox
08-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Gregor already wrote this article a few days ago.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=403493

ZombieRob
08-27-2010, 11:11 PM
So worried and offended about what a sports writer says. That in itself is hilarious. I guess if a writer doesn't sugar coat what goes on with the White Sox hes is a tool. So Oney and Cowley tweet big whip. How many other writers buddy up with people on the inside to get info? Funny thing is, Cowley is hated so much, yet people here read his columns. Why is that?

Chipol
08-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Pissant

whitem0nkey
08-28-2010, 01:00 AM
steve stone on Heavy Fuel Crew said that he thinks Ozzie will be managing next year and KW will be GMing, but he is not sure if it will be with the sox.

whitem0nkey
08-28-2010, 01:02 AM
Ill take Cowly over Paul Sullivan any day

doublem23
08-28-2010, 01:53 AM
So worried and offended about what a sports writer says. That in itself is hilarious. I guess if a writer doesn't sugar coat what goes on with the White Sox hes is a tool. So Oney and Cowley tweet big whip. How many other writers buddy up with people on the inside to get info? Funny thing is, Cowley is hated so much, yet people here read his columns. Why is that?

I don't read him in print or online. My only source of Cowley news are these boards.

Though, I hate most of the sports staff at the Trib, too, but at least the Tribune's target audience are those of us who graduated from high school.

hawkjt
08-28-2010, 02:00 AM
God,I hope the Sox win the division,and then Cowley can write how dysfunctional it all was...cept they won.
This is totally Mariotti like...create a story out of nothing,then blow it up, then write that the story is causing ripples that could mean a breakup of the management team. Pinella and Hendry never had open squabbles,I guess, and they were big losers...does anyone prefer that?

Ozzie keeps professing that he loves his job. Why should we believe Cowley over Ozzie about Ozzies future?

And you know what, Cowley belittles the ''local baseball writer's question'' about how to adjust to the different way the park plays(I am sure it was a Trib guy cus Cowley loves to cheapshot them)...but it came on the heels of a game the sox had 3 hits going into the 9th,with no extra base hits. I was at the game on Wednesday,and the ball was not carrying at all..it felt like early fall weather,and we are not going to hit many homers late in the year in cool weather...so I thought it was a question I wanted to know about...it is why we got more speed,right?
And I think it played a factor tonite vs the Yanks. With their power it is good the ball was not carrying again tonite...Cano's looked out but died out there. And the Sox speed payed big dividends tonite.

Cowley is well on his way to being the most hated writer in town by fans, players and his peers...if that is what he wants..he will get it.

ilsox7
08-28-2010, 02:55 AM
I don't read him in print or online. My only source of Cowley news are these boards.

Though, I hate most of the sports staff at the Trib, too, but at least the Tribune's target audience are those of us who graduated from high school.

Agreed. I actually think much less of people who come to WSI and post Cowley. He is scum.

Craig Grebeck
08-28-2010, 05:52 AM
I don't read his columns. PTA newsletters are far more well-written.

spawn
08-28-2010, 07:58 AM

I don't read his columns. PTA newsletters are far more well-written.

I don't read his columns either. They aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

kittle42
08-28-2010, 01:29 PM
I don't know how a sportswriter who once threw a no-hitter for these very White Sox can be so reviled!

hawkjt
08-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Cowley is touting the Suntimes college football coverage in the Sunday edition. Has he always done college football or is this a transition away from the Sox?

If he screws up my college football team with his crap-stirring, I will be very upset.
Go Hawkeyes!

DirtySox
08-28-2010, 01:58 PM
go hawkeyes!

+1

Coops4Aces
08-28-2010, 02:09 PM
I don't know how a sportswriter who once threw a no-hitter for these very White Sox can be so reviled!
:rolling:

SOXSINCE'70
08-28-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't read his columns either. They aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

I wouldn't wipe my ass or line a bird cage with his columns.

TornLabrum
08-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Hmmm...think maybe Oney has an axe to grind after losing his job last spring? Ya think?