PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Clutch Ordonez


balboner
06-26-2002, 11:03 PM
How many times over the last few years has he failed to hit the ball hard in crunch time? He was taking strikes, and swinging at balls.

MattSharp
06-26-2002, 11:04 PM
Yea so much for Mr. Superstar. No clutchness here. What a letdown....

WinningUgly!
06-26-2002, 11:08 PM
I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to start this thread.
http://someplacesomewhere.com/uploaded/Flaming%20Arrow/This%20Thread%20Sucks.jpg

balboner
06-26-2002, 11:11 PM
Dont get me wrong, I definitely like Mags, and like him a lot more than that juiced up fool in Wrigley. I just wish that he could come up clutch, say, once a season!

voodoochile
06-26-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Dont get me wrong, I definitely like Mags, and like him a lot more than that juiced up fool in Wrigley. I just wish that he could come up clutch, say, once a season!

He just missed that pitch to end it...

CerberusWG
06-26-2002, 11:33 PM
SAGOONS!!! WELCOME TO LAST WEEK SIRS!

Jerry_Manuel
06-26-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to start this thread.
http://someplacesomewhere.com/uploaded/Flaming%20Arrow/This%20Thread%20Sucks.jpg

I like it WU!

MattSharp
06-27-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


I like it WU!

His graphic or the thread?

Jerry_Manuel
06-27-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp
His graphic or the thread?

The graphic.

I knew Maggs would fail. I was shocked as all hell that Ray Durham didn't strike out to end the game. Then he would look at his bat and walk away.

hold2dibber
06-27-2002, 09:13 AM
Who would you have wanted up there in that situation? The last few years I thought Valentin was the Sox best last-inning clutch hitter, but he hasn't done it this year (and he can't hit lefties like Guardado). I was most shocked that Big Hurt got a hit -- he rarely gets hits in situations like that (I was fuming when he came to the plate, because PK should be hitting third and Frank should be hitting 5th). Other than PK, who would you rather have up there than Maggs?

Kilroy
06-27-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Other than PK, who would you rather have up there than Maggs?

On this team? No one.

The game was over when we didn't tie on Hurt's clutch base-hit. How much luck can you expect? 3 straight walks w/ 2 out, and a scalded single that only scores 1? I didn't have high hopes for coming up with a 5th straight break.

KVinc
06-27-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy


On this team? No one.

The game was over when we didn't tie on Hurt's clutch base-hit. How much luck can you expect? 3 straight walks w/ 2 out, and a scalded single that only scores 1? I didn't have high hopes for coming up with a 5th straight break.

I agree with you. The only players that usually come in the clutch for us are Kenny Lofton, Ray (half and half), Jose, Frank, Carlos(half and half), Maggs


the only two times Konerko has come in a clutch situation ( a game where u are up by one, tied, or down by no more than 3 in the late innings 7,8,9, Or anytime there is a big 2 out situation) are against Oakland and Detroit last year. When ever paulie has the chance to be clutch he swings at the freakin first pitch all the time.