PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Dome

kevingrt
06-26-2002, 11:01 PM
K-Lo scores w/o the STUPID DOME!!!!

MattSharp
06-26-2002, 11:03 PM
Don't you mean turf? I don't think the Dome had anything to do with it, just the carpet....

Chisox353014
06-26-2002, 11:05 PM
Yep, even when we do something right we have bad luck. Frank hits that ball 10 feet to the right or left and it clears the bases. Of course, Maggs and Paulie picked the wrong game to go 0-9....

RKMeibalane
06-26-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Yep, even when we do something right we have bad luck. Frank hits that ball 10 feet to the right or left and it clears the bases. Of course, Maggs and Paulie picked the wrong game to go 0-9....

I was thinking the same thing. It would have been nice if Maggs had saved one of his hits from Tuesday for this game. Believe it or not, I wasn't that surprised to see Frank come through against Guardado, because he's hit that guy extremely well in the past- got the stats off CNNSI, BTW.

I'm getting tired of Ritchie's ineffectiveness. He is killing the Sox all by himself. If he allows even one fewer run, we're looking at a possible extra-inning game instead of a loss. The media keeps blaming his losses on a lack of run support. Well, that is part of the problem, but when a pitcher gives up 5+ runs a start, he's not going to win much regardless of what his teammates do at the plate.

duke of dorwood
06-26-2002, 11:14 PM
Homer on a 3-0 pitch. Only happens to us.

kevingrt
06-27-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Don't you mean turf? I don't think the Dome had anything to do with it, just the carpet....

A dome needs to have turf though, only with retractabnle roof.