PDA

View Full Version : Look Out A-Rod

JermaineDye05
08-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Here comes Albert.

He hit number 400 tonight.

Link (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100826&content_id=13967532&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

Red Barchetta
08-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Isn't he the first player ever to hit at least 30 HRs each of his first 10 seasons?! What a player!

Pablo_Honey
08-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Isn't he the first player ever to hit at least 30 HRs each of his first 10 seasons?! What a player!
Teal implied?

SOX ADDICT '73
08-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Is it too much to hope that this guy's doing it cleanly? I would so love for the HR record to mean something again. Even if A-Roid tops Barroid's career total someday (I'm just going to assume the single-season record is ruined forever), is anyone going to care?

SephClone89
08-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Teal implied?

Why would teal be implied?

Chez
08-27-2010, 10:47 AM

I guess because everyone is a suspect. Everyone but Frank Thomas. :scratch:

Pablo_Honey
08-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Nevermind. That was totally my bad. I saw A-Rod in the title and didn't read the article so I thought up until now that we were talking about A-Rod, which is a big idiotic mistake on my part.

TheOldRoman
08-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Is it too much to hope that this guy's doing it cleanly? I would so love for the HR record to mean something again. Even if A-Roid tops Barroid's career total someday (I'm just going to assume the single-season record is ruined forever), is anyone going to care?I hope Pujols is clean, because unlike A-Roid, Barriods and HGHambi, I can't think of any way to incorporate PEDs into his name.:D:

Red Barchetta
08-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Is it too much to hope that this guy's doing it cleanly? I would so love for the HR record to mean something again. Even if A-Roid tops Barroid's career total someday (I'm just going to assume the single-season record is ruined forever), is anyone going to care?

Sad because if (when) it happens, the steroid question/whispers will always be there.

As to my original post, no teal. I believe Albert is clean and he's never given me reason to suspect otherwise. Compared to players like Sosa and Bonds who started their major league careers as skinny, lanky fast guys and ended them as muscle bound body builders with increased bat speed, Albert's just a big strong guy who can play the game!

Moses_Scurry
08-27-2010, 11:45 AM
I can buy a clean Albert. He's never hit more than 50 HRs, even when other guys were hitting 60+. He also has not had any kind of dip in his homerun totals since the steroid policy was put in place. It wouldn't shock me just because it wouldn't shock me with anybody. But I wouldn't put Pujols in the category of an obvious juicer. He's just been a really consistent 30-40 homerun guy. I don't think he'll catch Bonds though, just because he's only slightly over halfway there. He would need to keep up his pace for another 8-10 years, which I don't see happening unless he is on roids.

Hitmen77
08-27-2010, 11:56 AM
I hope he stays with the Cardinals and doesn't become yet another superstar that gets gobbled up by the Yankees because they're the only team rich enough to throw around $30 million/year contracts.