PDA

View Full Version : Sox at Boston- Who's Going?

LoveYourSuit
08-25-2010, 11:03 PM
I have a business trip/interview out near Boston next week, who's going to the Friday game?

I am going to try to pick up a single ticket somewhere before going. Any Sox fans hanging out at the SRO?

I would hate to be sandwiched by Red Sox fans.

russ99
08-26-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm going to the Sunday game, wearing my black Pods jersey. :D:

Red Sox fans at Fenway can't be any more annoying than the idiots who travel to see them at the Cell, right?

amsteel
08-26-2010, 12:07 PM
I just got back from a summer internship in Boston and I went to a ton of Red Sox games. I'm really bummed I'm missing the White Sox by 10 days. The fans there are better than at Cubs or Yankees fans as far as paying attention goes, but, as always, there are some pretty terrible people too.

Go 2hrs before 1st pitch and buy an SRO ticket and ask at a customer service location in the park to be 'relocated'. Sometimes they will upgrade you for free. I got 1st row in the bleachers once this way.
Also if you buy pre-game, ask for wheelchair seating. Sometimes they will release wheelchair spots to the public and will give you a folding chair. (which is actually more comfortable than the terrible wooden seats in the grandstand.)

Have fun! Boston is a great city.

SSrep
08-26-2010, 12:13 PM
I just got back from a summer internship in Boston and I went to a ton of Red Sox games. I'm really bummed I'm missing the White Sox by 10 days. The fans there are better than at Cubs or Yankees fans as far as paying attention goes, but, as always, there are some pretty terrible people too.

Go 2hrs before 1st pitch and buy an SRO ticket and ask at a customer service location in the park to be 'relocated'. Sometimes they will upgrade you for free. I got 1st row in the bleachers once this way.
Also if you buy pre-game, ask for wheelchair seating. Sometimes they will release wheelchair spots to the public and will give you a folding chair. (which is actually more comfortable than the terrible wooden seats in the grandstand.)

Have fun! Boston is a great city.

I've never been to Fenway and I'm sure these are great ideas to pick up a better seat than what you paid for. I just wanted to say I started laughing out loud reading that there are some terrible people too (which I assumed was most of the people), but take a wheelchair spot if you can! I'm sorry, they probably release those spots when it's obvious nobody is going to sit there...I'm just weird and it read funny to me. Thanks for the advice though, I will definitely heed when I do catch a game at Fenway!

chisox12
08-26-2010, 12:50 PM
I'll be there on Sunday...looking forward to finally seeing a game at Fenway.

LongLiveFisk
08-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Red Sox fans at Fenway can't be any more annoying than the idiots who travel to see them at the Cell, right?

For the most part, I think this is true. Obnoxious people tend to go out of their way to be obnoxious whenever possible.

BNLSox
08-26-2010, 07:03 PM
I'll be there with my Brother and Dad. We're taking him to Cooperstown on Friday, going to the Yankees game on Saturday, and then Sox v. Sox on Sunday. We'll be the tired guys with huge smiles on our faces.

GO (WHITE) Sox!

Rockin Robin
08-26-2010, 09:47 PM
I'll try to make at least one game. I usually try to make it to all of them but I just don't have that kind of money this year.

Fans at Fenway are generally pretty good natured, despite what people like to say. I've never gone to a game in any city where there weren't a fair share of a-holes. It's how society works, quit thinking one fan base is better than any other. It's a myth.

PeteWard
08-26-2010, 10:59 PM
I'll try to make at least one game. I usually try to make it to all of them but I just don't have that kind of money this year.

Fans at Fenway are generally pretty good natured, despite what people like to say. I've never gone to a game in any city where there weren't a fair share of a-holes. It's how society works, quit thinking one fan base is better than any other. It's a myth.

Eh, I think Yanks fans are much worse than others. What about college and Ohio State?

JermaineDye05
08-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Hopefully Manny.

petekat
08-29-2010, 12:14 AM
I'll be at Friday's game. Usually a pretty decent White Sox contingent, and the Red Sox fans are pretty respectful of us, especially after following up their historic win in 04. Remember going to Gm 3 of the playoffs, and getting congratulations all around from Red Sox fans who kept telling us, especially after the El Duque inning- "this is your year" and "good luck, make sure you take out the Yankees". The SRO and wheelchair seating are both sound approaches. My Boston friends think tickets won't be too much of a problem, even if Manny is in tow, as he's already made his long awaited return to Boston earlier in the year. If the Red Sox continue to fade the next week, may even see some fans giving up on the season.

ewokpelts
08-30-2010, 02:59 PM
I have a business trip/interview out near Boston next week, who's going to the Friday game?

I am going to try to pick up a single ticket somewhere before going. Any Sox fans hanging out at the SRO?

I would hate to be sandwiched by Red Sox fans.stubhub has SRO as cheap as $10. seats are decently priced too

Fenway
08-30-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm going to the Sunday game, wearing my black Pods jersey. :D:

Well

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Original_Photo/2004/10/30/1099149724_7081.jpg

DumpJerry
08-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Nope. The Cubs are in Chicago that weekend.