PDA

View Full Version : Todd Ritchie YOU SUCK!

RedPinStripes
06-26-2002, 09:03 PM
KW had the balls to try and defend that trade yesterday on the air too. He is no where near a #2 starter.

:chunks

Chisox_cali
06-26-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
KW had the balls to try and defend that trade yesterday on the air too. He is no where near a #2 starter.

:chunks

gonna have to agree wit ya there red.

whitesoxwilkes
06-26-2002, 09:23 PM
This guy is supposed to be a reliable workhorse who can finish every game he starts? He's more like an aging mule who gets tired after 5 minutes of plowing!

DrCrawdad
06-26-2002, 09:27 PM
You're right. Toad has removed any lingering doubts by his being a batting practice pitcher.

Anyone who feels inclined to defend Toad should take a look at his game by game stats.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_individual_player_gamebygamelog.jsp?playerID=1 21234&statType=2&club_context=mlb

RKMeibalane
06-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Maybe it's time to break out the sarcastic chants of "M-V-P" or "Cy Young" every time Ritchie makes a start at Comiskey. He has to be one the biggest dissapointments of the season. He could pitch well in Pittsburgh because no one expected anything of that awful team, but now that he's part of a team that is supposed to be competitive, he can't perform.

Kenny Williams has made so many bad decisions since becoming the Sox's GM. This is getting ridiculous.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-26-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Maybe it's time to break out the sarcastic chants of "M-V-P" or "Cy Young" every time Ritchie makes a start at Comiskey. He has to be one the biggest dissapointments of the season. He could pitch well in Pittsburgh because no one expected anything of that awful team, but now that he's part of a team that is supposed to be competitive, he can't perform.

Kenny Williams has made so many bad decisions since becoming the Sox's GM. This is getting ridiculous.

:kipper

"I thought it was a good trade! It got me off a rapidly sinking ship. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE."

DrCrawdad
06-26-2002, 10:07 PM
BTW Aaron Myette is doing well in his first start of the year for Texas.

So far...
5IP 3H 1ER 2BB 4SO

baggio202
06-26-2002, 11:12 PM
how could kenny defend this trade...ritchie is doing worse then kip wells at anytime in his career here....kip was never 6 games under .500

:kipper
hey i won again tonight :smile:

duke of dorwood
06-26-2002, 11:15 PM
Remember, KW passed the buck to Scheuler on the Ritchie trade on Tuesday.

TornLabrum
06-26-2002, 11:48 PM
This is one time where it really sucks to have been right. Todd Ritchie isn't worth a bag of dirty jockstraps, let alone three arms!

If Lenny would like to pay me a few million dollars, I've got this bridge in Brooklyn that I really have to get rid of.

:angry:

PaleHoseGeorge
06-26-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Remember, KW passed the buck to Scheuler on the Ritchie trade on Tuesday.

I can't believe that little twit would even attempt to deflect the blame for that trade. Besides having nothing upstairs, now we know KW is gutless, too.

:KW
"If you think Schu could never reach 'point C', wait till I've been on the job ten years!"

Jerry_Manuel
06-26-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I can't believe that little twit would even attempt to deflect the blame for that trade. Besides having nothing upstairs, now we know KW is gutless, too.

Unless I read it wrong, it looked as if he said that Schu suggested they get Ritchie. I don't think Ron was involved in who went to the Pirates, but I could be wrong.

DrCrawdad
06-27-2002, 02:10 AM
Stats that made me sick. Compare Baldwin to Toad.

W/L...ERA...G...GS...CG..SHO...SV..SVO..IP......H... ..R....ER...HR..HBP..BB..SO
Baldwin
6/6....4.65..15..15....0....0........0....--_....91.....99...52...47..14...6......30..54
Toad Ritchie
4/10..5.35..17..17....0....0........0....--.....99.....122..72..59..12...5......34..56

Baldwin has a lower ERA, lower hits/IP, more innings per start.

I remember at Soxfest someone asked KW if he considered bringing JB back. KW was emphatic that he did not consider bringing JB back. I have to admit that I didn't have a problem trading JB, or bringing in Toad. I bought KW's line about how they got a gem in Onan from LA.

So JB signs a relatively small deal with the Mariners. Is JB making more than Toad? We give up 3 freaking pitchers for this sack of feces - Toad?

The more I think about it, the more PO'd I become. We'd be better off keeping Kip/Fogg and resigning JB.

KW probably won't change his tune, he won't admit that this deal stinks - BAD. Not only was it lopsided, but KW gave up two good young arms and Lowe for someone worse than JB.

Good job Kenny! Keep it up and you'll set us back for decades. You're making Hawk look like a good GM by comparison.

- DrCrawdad.

DrCrawdad
06-27-2002, 02:34 AM
Here's a link that should show you the comparison of Toad/Kip/Fogg/Lowe/JB.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_sortable_player_stats.jsp?compare.x=&box6=XXXX117957XXXX&section2=null&statSet2=null&statType=2&sortByStat=IP&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=2002&baseballScope=mlb&isCompare=true&sitSplit=&venueID=&teamPosCode=all&box1=XXXX121234chaX&box2=XXXX150337pitX&box3=XXXX110503seaX&box4=XXXX150319pitX&checkBoxTotal=0&playerLocator=lowe