PDA

View Full Version : Update on Peavy

Rockabilly
08-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Peavy cleared for range of motion program & hopes to start throwing by Jan 1st..

great news!!!

GoGoCrede
08-25-2010, 05:22 PM
:) Can't wait to see him pitch again next year. We can only wonder where we'd be right now if he was still pitching for us.

Chez
08-25-2010, 05:23 PM
I would take him right now throwing left handed out of the bullpen!

Crestani
08-25-2010, 05:24 PM
I would take him right now throwing left handed out of the bullpen!

Teal not needed...Almost a fact..!!

LoveYourSuit
08-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Only thing that scares me is that his violent motion is something that is his key to being succesful. If they change this to protect him, I don't know if he will be as good.

But Peavy, Danks, Gavin, Buehrle, Danks, Jackson for next season sure gives me hope!

chisoxfanatic
08-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Why doesn't he start throwing now? Coop will fix him in no time. :wink:

Glad to hear this, and I can't wait to see what this rotation does next season.

mzh
08-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Only thing that scares me is that his violent motion is something that is his key to being succesful. If they change this to protect him, I don't know if he will be as good.

But Peavy, Danks, Gavin, Buehrle, Danks, Jackson for next season sure gives me hope!
The Sox will be unstoppable with the tandem of the Danks bros!:tongue:

LoveYourSuit
08-25-2010, 05:35 PM
The Sox will be unstoppable with the tandem of the Danks bros!:tongue:

LOL!

Well, seeing that Jordan can't hit for ****, pitching might be his next option.

CWSpalehoseCWS
08-25-2010, 05:37 PM
LOL!

Well, seeing that Jordan can't hit for ****, pitching might be his next option.

Maybe that's the solution. Anyone that can't hit becomes a pitcher and anyone that can't pitch becomes a hitter.

Great news regarding Peavy.

JermaineDye05
08-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Jake's a bulldog. I'm fairly confident that if he didn't get injured, we'd be in first place right now by plenty.

Red Barchetta
08-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Jake's a bulldog. I'm fairly confident that if he didn't get injured, we'd be in first place right now by plenty.

I agree. It's not so much the W/L as Jackson has done a nice job, but Jake was one of the emotional leaders on the team. He carried himself in a very confident/competitive way and he was getting better as the season progressed, dead arm and all. He reminded me a lot of Jack McDowell. I really miss him on the team. :(:

Stoky44
08-25-2010, 06:15 PM

I am pretty sure if the Twins had Morneau and Nathan, we'd be in second place by plenty.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
08-25-2010, 06:30 PM
I am pretty sure if the Twins had Morneau and Nathan, we'd be in second place by plenty.

Throughout the last few years, the Twins always seem to go on torrid runs when Morneau gets hurt.. Nathan I'll grant you, but aside from those two, they've had a healthy team all year.

Tragg
08-25-2010, 06:42 PM

If they stay off of the disabled list.
And if they stay on the team...we're going to have to figure some kind of way to get some YOUNG offensive talent on this team.

oeo
08-25-2010, 07:18 PM
:) Can't wait to see him pitch again next year. We can only wonder where we'd be right now if he was still pitching for us.

Or where we'd be if he was healthy at all this year, which I don't think he was. His stuff just never had the same wow factor at any point this year, he was pretty flat. Hopefully we get Cy Young Peavy back next year.

SI1020
08-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Or where we'd be if he was healthy at all this year, which I don't think he was. His stuff just never had the same wow factor at any point this year, he was pretty flat. Hopefully we get Cy Young Peavy back next year. I agree. We never saw the dominant Jake Peavy this year, although he was rounding somewhat into form when he was injured.

JermaineDye05
08-25-2010, 09:06 PM
I agree. We never saw the dominant Jake Peavy this year, although he was rounding somewhat into form when he was injured.

Yeah, he absolutely dominated the Nats and Cubs in his last few starts. Granted it was the Nats and Cubs, but he was coming around. He also seems to make everyone around him better.

slavko
08-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Yeah, he absolutely dominated the Nats and Cubs in his last few starts. Granted it was the Nats and Cubs, but he was coming around. He also seems to make everyone around him better.

Some say he started the year with a modified motion which contributed to his poor performance, then reverted to the violent motion that gave him some success..and the subsequent injury.