PDA

View Full Version : Yanks Change Rotation For Sox

Lip Man 1
08-25-2010, 01:44 PM
According to MLBN Javy Vazquez has been demoted to the bullpen and will not make the start Sunday. They are starting a kid named "Nova" I think if I read the name correctly.

Don't know if this is good or bad for the Sox.

Lip

Carolina Kenny
08-25-2010, 01:50 PM
According to MLBN Javy Vazquez has been demoted to the bullpen and will not make the start Sunday. They are starting a kid named "Nova" I think if I read the name correctly.

Don't know if this is good or bad for the Sox.

Lip

I can never remember, is Nova the salted or unsalted lox?

Madvora
08-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Do other teams do this on purpose? Are they aware of the Sox inability to hit guys they haven't seen?

GoGoCrede
08-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Damn, I was hoping we could light Javy up.

eriqjaffe
08-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Do other teams do this on purpose? Are they aware of the Sox inability to hit guys they haven't seen?Maybe they're more concerned with everybody's ability to hit Vazquez.

Quentin08
08-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Hopefully it's a good thing.

I wanted to go to the game on Sunday.. so I was just checking Ticketmaster for the 4 best available seats for that game, and best available shows "SRO1" for $53 plus taxes/fees. What? This is the first time I've seen standing room only offered online during the regular season. I wonder how many people will pick up standing room for that price.

Looks like that entire series will sell out. Hope Garcia, Danks, and Floyd are in top notch!

KenBerryGrab
08-25-2010, 01:57 PM

I wanted to go to the game on Sunday.. so I was just checking Ticketmaster for the 4 best available seats for that game, and best available shows "SRO1" for $53 plus taxes/fees. What? This is the first time I've seen standing room only offered online during the regular season. I wonder how many people will pick up standing room for that price.

Looks like that entire series will sell out. Hope Garcia, Danks, and Floyd are in top notch!

It's Frank Thomas Day too.

kaufsox
08-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Man, I was hoping the Sox were going to put on a hitting clinic in honor of Frank.

Coops4Aces
08-25-2010, 01:59 PM

Sunday is Frank Day. I bought the 19 ticket max the day tickets went on sale and the best I got was half way down the line in the upper tank.

Standing room only is in the outfield, but I think it's cool that they are offering those.

Quentin08
08-25-2010, 02:03 PM
I forgot it's Frank day. Wow, can't wait to hear that ovation for him!

twinsuck
08-25-2010, 02:08 PM
We can call him Supernova when we lite him up.

Foulke You
08-25-2010, 02:18 PM
I saw some highlights of Nova's debut against the Jays. He throws hard so we might have a shot against him. Also, he came in real high and tight to Bautista and started talking smack after he did it. Seems like the rookie has a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Hopefully, we can knock him down a peg or two.

aryzner
08-25-2010, 02:38 PM
I like this plan.

Lip Man 1
08-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Madvora:

To try to answer your question I think it was Mark Gonzales who wrote that over 30 pitchers who had never faced the Sox before, threw against them last year.

Also before Brian Bergesen made his first start against the Sox either last year or in 2008 (sorry I can't remember exactly) the Orioles radio announcers were talking about how the Sox have trouble with pitchers they never saw before and that would help Bergesen. (Who naturally wound up beating the Sox.)

I don't know if it is deliberate but I'm sure the word has gotten around that the Sox have issues usually with kid pitchers / no-names / junkballers and guys they've never seen before.

Whether that fault lies on the players, Greg Walker or both I have no idea.

Lip

hawkjt
08-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Javy had the second highest ERA in August among starters in the AL...only Freddie was higher,with Beckett third:?:

So, not good that we miss Javy,but Nova made his first start vs the Jays...he is a big hard thrower,who was impressive vs the Jays.
One thing..Sox will face three hard throwers vs the Yanks..Burnett,Sabbathia and Nova, so if they get their bats geared up to pitch speed,maybe they can mash a bit.

Freddie must give us a second straight good outing on Friday as Burnett is a decent matchup.
Danks vs CC....tough.
Gavin vs Nova...hopefully edge to sox.

GoSox2K3
08-25-2010, 09:02 PM

More likely we'll be calling him Cy Nova. Let's not fool ourselves here.

We'll see if he's as good as Cy Matusz.