08-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Harrell and Threets called up.

http://twitter.com/MDGonzales/status/22108003690

thomas35forever
08-25-2010, 02:08 PM
That's all we can do.

Rdy2PlayBall
08-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Anything is better than what they have been giving us...

BeeBeeRichard
08-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Could live with Threets as a stopgap till Thornton is back, especially with Sale performing at a high level.

Harrell is a starter, so this means he's more likely the long man and Pena is pushed to a later-inning role. Would rather see an acquisition, but who knows what's available on waivers now? Maybe the next Scott Sullivan. Zzzzzz.

Noneck
08-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Thornton can be retro back to 8/18 but Putz is gone for a long time. Considering the injury to Putz and a rehab stint, it is possible we wont see Putz till mid Sept, if that.

Lip Man 1
08-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Noneck:

Why is Putz gone for a long time? His MRI was clean and he also can be "pushed back" with his start date due to the injury can't he? Not saying he'll be back anytime soon but I'm trying to find out specifics if there is something else going on with the knee.

Lip

Nellie_Fox
08-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Noneck:

Why is Putz gone for a long time? His MRI was clean and he also can be "pushed back" with his start date due to the injury can't he? Not saying he'll be back anytime soon but I'm trying to find out specifics if there is something else going on with the knee.

LipThey can only make a DL assignment retroactive to the last time he played. Since he appeared yesterday, his DL assignment is a minimum of 15 days from today. Thornton, on the other hand, hasn't had an appearance in quite a while, and he becomes eligible to come off the list 15 days from his last appearance.

Noneck
08-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Noneck:

Lip

Lip,

He is on the 15day starting today, I assume that since it is his knee he will be able to do nothing for at least awhile, then he will need a rehab stint. What do you think?

tstrike2000
08-25-2010, 03:05 PM
This is good in that it hopefully gets them rest and recouped in time for our September run to put the division away.

Coops4Aces
08-25-2010, 03:05 PM
With no rehab, the soonest he can be back is Sept 9th.

Lorenzo Barcelo
08-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Depending on how long he needs to sit out, is it possible our minor league teams' seasons are over?

ChiSoxGirl
08-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Let's do the best we can with what we've got over the next two weeks!

LoveYourSuit
08-25-2010, 03:33 PM
You would have told me in June Putz and Thornton would be going on the DL , I would have stuck a fork in it.

Meanwhile, still only 3 games in the loss column.

Lip Man 1
08-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Noneck:

Assuming there is no structural damage to Putz's knee (I'm assuming they'll do another scan) I don't see why he can't come back on the 9th. He'll probably be doing throwing on the sidelines next week, again assuming the knee is responding.

Thornton is due back apparently on Sept. 2nd.

Just play well the next two days vs. the O's and hope to get a game with the Yankees. Things should improve next week with Thornton returning. Last I read yesterday he said the forearm was feeling better since they gave him something to dry up the fluid in his elbow.

Lip

hawkjt
08-25-2010, 03:40 PM
The next 15 games are going to determine if the Sox can really make a late sept run.
We have Baltimore for two,then 3 vs the Yanks,3 at Cle,3 at Bos.,and 4 at Detroit...can we hold it together with baling wire?

Sox face Matusz,Arrieta,Burnett,Sabbathia and Nova the rest of the week..can the offense carry the Sox and help out the bullpen?

Of these starters,Sabbathia is the only real proven lites out guy,but they all could shut down the Sox also.

Lip Man 1
08-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Well at least they've seen Matusz...have no idea who the guy is on Thursday.

Lip