PDA

View Full Version : What Sox coaches will be back next season?

Rockabilly
08-25-2010, 12:38 AM
What replacements do you see coming here?

Cora: might be a Mgr for Seattle?

Baines: in the past he has talked about hanging it up. With him recovering from surgery this might be his last season.

Cooper: Will be back

Cox : I would like to see him gone.

Walker : Same as Cox

Who knows Guillen and KW might be gone as well

Rdy2PlayBall
08-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Your predictions look like this team is 20 games out and is last in the division... good lord.

Nellie_Fox
08-25-2010, 12:44 AM
Why would you like to see Cox gone? I think he's a pretty good third-base coach.

Marqhead
08-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Why would you like to see Cox gone? I think he's a pretty good third-base coach.

I think Cox is awesome at 3rd. Not only his coaching, but his attitude and antics.

russ99
08-25-2010, 12:52 AM
Cora - could easily be a big league manager next year. I wonder if the Cubs would have interest, since their next manager should be a younger guy with potential and not Girardi or Sandberg hired just to sell tickets...

Walker - we should be so lucky. In any normal business he'd be gone long ago, but I'd assume he'd be back to everyone's chagrin.

Cooper - back, no contest.

Baines - kicked upstairs, and I'd like to see a base stealer like Raines was brought in since we attempt a lot of SBs and could use a base running/1b coach.

Cox - has done pretty well, can't see why they'd get rid of him.

Nieves - not sure if the current pen issues have much to do with Juan, but it seems Cave Kushner got more out of his guys. 50/50.

Ozzie and Kenny will both be back because Jerry wants them to. Maybe after a winter away, they can bury the hatchet over some of their issues.

Nellie_Fox
08-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Walker - we should be so lucky. In any normal business he'd be gone long ago, but I'd assume he'd be back to everyone's chagrin.You don't speak for "everyone." Why does he get no credit for the guys who have turned it on in the latter part of the season?

TDog
08-25-2010, 12:59 AM
What have you got against Cox?

I thought the White Sox had already fired Walker, though, considering they hit almost .300 as a team in July and are hitting over .290 as a team in August. They seem to have a fairly good hitting coach taking Walker's place.

The original post in this thread is so mid-May.

Rockabilly
08-25-2010, 12:59 AM
I would like to see Ventura added to the coaching staff next season. Maybe as the 1st base coach to replace Baines.

I like Cox attitude. I would just like to see the Sox replace him with someone, who can help the middle infielders and teach our runners how to steal bases.

Marqhead
08-25-2010, 01:01 AM
I would like to see Ventura added to the coaching staff next season. Maybe as the 1st base coach to replace Baines.

I like Cox attitude. I would just like to see the Sox replace him with someone who can help the middle infielders and teach our runners how to steal bases.

Everyone wants Ventura, but doesn't he want to spend time with his kids? People need to stop suggesting him for every position on this team.

Rockabilly
08-25-2010, 01:01 AM
Would Big Frank ever think about coming back as a hitting coach?

Just found this quote from Frank

“I always give advice to hitters,” Thomas said. “The last five years of my career I helped a lot of young guys. It’s a growing process. I understand it now. My first 10 years it was hard to do that because I was so focused and driven. But as time wore on, I did realize that young guys do need a little help because it’s a transition from Triple-A to the major leagues.”

LITTLE NELL
08-25-2010, 07:45 AM
It depends on who the next manager is.

kevingrt
08-25-2010, 08:03 AM
You don't speak for "everyone." Why does he get no credit for the guys who have turned it on in the latter part of the season?

Because obviously Juan and Gordon did it all themselves.

TomBradley72
08-25-2010, 08:04 AM
We're 6th in the AL in runs scored behind Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, Rangers, Twins...despite very little production from Ozzie's "DH by committee", Walker has done his job.

Bob Roarman
08-25-2010, 08:07 AM
You don't speak for "everyone." Why does he get no credit for the guys who have turned it on in the latter part of the season?

Same reason for why he shouldn't get the blame for the slow start. I seriously do not know how people cannot see this by now.

nccwsfan
08-25-2010, 08:09 AM
All of them, unless Cora gets a managerial position. KW and Ozzie are coming back too provided they want to.

ghostface36
08-25-2010, 08:47 AM
All of them
including don cooper? he's by far our best coach

Coops4Aces
08-25-2010, 10:30 AM
including don cooper? he's by far our best coach
:scratch:

ghostface36
08-25-2010, 10:49 AM
:scratch:
what?

hawkjt
08-25-2010, 10:50 AM
What about Hermie? Seems like the medical/training staff cannot figure out these bullpen injuries lately?

Semi-joking,but if Ozzie and Kenny are going to get hammered for not making prompt moves with injured guys..shouldn't the medical folks get some?

Coops4Aces
08-25-2010, 10:51 AM
what?

He said all of them should come back

ghostface36
08-25-2010, 10:59 AM
He said all of them should come back
oh lol i thought he meant none of em
a *** moment

nccwsfan
08-25-2010, 01:52 PM
oh lol i thought he meant none of em
a *** moment

Ha! No sweat- I think all should come back and want all to come back. The only guy I see leaving (potentially) is Cora.

mcsoxfan
08-25-2010, 07:56 PM
It depends on who the next manager is.

Here Here