PDA

View Full Version : Teahen

LITTLE NELL
08-22-2010, 09:06 AM
How did he hurt his finger, was it while picking up the ball with his bare hand or in the act of throwing? I was at the game in Tampa when he originally hurt it and for the life of me I can't remember how he hurt it that day.

tsoxman
08-22-2010, 09:34 AM
How did he hurt his finger, was it while picking up the ball with his bare hand or in the act of throwing? I was at the game in Tampa when he originally hurt it and for the life of me I can't remember how he hurt it that day.
In addition to being real bad (and he is bad), Teahen is also showing that he is very brittle. Suffice it to say, one may have something to do with the other.

voodoochile
08-22-2010, 11:27 AM

Same way as last time he got his hand in the mitt as the ball arrived and got hit with it. At least, that's what I saw...

Lip Man 1
08-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Finger was bruised, no break by the way. He's day to day.

Lip

LITTLE NELL
08-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Same way as last time he got his hand in the mitt as the ball arrived and got hit with it. At least, that's what I saw...

OK, thanks, looks like we might have a klutz on our hands. Full time DH for this guy.

voodoochile
08-22-2010, 11:37 AM
OK, thanks, looks like we might have a klutz on our hands. Full time DH for this guy.

Yeah, I think it's one of those get it in the hand fast things to throw it quckly or maybe he just isn't good with the two handed grab but he's got issues...

mrwag
08-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Was it coincidence that the Sox caught fire once he was out, and then returned to suck-ville once he returned?

Rdy2PlayBall
08-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Was it coincidence that the Sox caught fire once he was out, and then returned to suck-ville once he returned?Yes, very much so.

Nelfox02
08-22-2010, 10:16 PM
I cant stand the idea this guy is the opening day starter at 3B next season..........

that wont be the case.....right? right?????

CWSpalehoseCWS
08-22-2010, 10:22 PM
I cant stand the idea this guy is the opening day starter at 3B next season..........

Hopefully not. Personally, I'm hoping for Morel to get that job with a great showing in ST next year.

Nellie_Fox
08-23-2010, 12:05 AM
I think you'll see one more year of Omar.

kittle42
08-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Full time DH for this guy.

But we play in the National League.

LITTLE NELL
08-23-2010, 06:28 AM

Morel is having a solid year and I hope he is ready next year.
I don't want Teahen at 3B, he is our DH and he can spell TCQ in right.
Omar has had a nice year but I'm not wild on a 44 year old third baseman.

SCCWS
08-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Morel is having a solid year and I hope he is ready next year.
I don't want Teahen at 3B, he is our DH and he can spell TCQ in right.
Omar has had a nice year but I'm not wild on a 44 year old third baseman.

We have heard a lot of fans complaining about the offense. Morel is basically a singles hitter playing 3rd base where most teams look for power numbers. Beckham does not look like the 25 HR guy so many were predicting so the Sox may need to find a run producer at 3rd. Unless the Sox are going to get a LF or Catcher w HR production, I don't think the Sox can afford Morel or Omar's spray hitter ability next year.

LITTLE NELL
08-23-2010, 07:47 AM
We have heard a lot of fans complaining about the offense. Morel is basically a singles hitter playing 3rd base where most teams look for power numbers. Beckham does not look like the 25 HR guy so many were predicting so the Sox may need to find a run producer at 3rd. Unless the Sox are going to get a LF or Catcher w HR production, I don't think the Sox can afford Morel or Omar's spray hitter ability next year.

So what do we do with Morel, trade another White Sox prospect.
The guy looks like he is going to be a .300 hitter.
Scouting report says as he matures he will have average power.
I'll take a .300 hitter with 20 HRs and 80 RBIs any day of the week.

Craig Grebeck
08-23-2010, 07:48 AM
Stop lying. He has 29 XBH in 71 games. A guy with Brent's glove and contact skills will make it in the major leagues.

We can get offense from somewhere else, perhaps a position where it's easy to come by (DH!).

Craig Grebeck
08-23-2010, 07:52 AM
So what do we do with Morel, trade another White Sox prospect.
You will most likely see Vizquel brought back and rotated a little bit at 3B with Teahen, who will probably be a super-sub/DH sort of guy. Morel could be up some time in the summer.

SCCWS
08-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Stop lying. He has 29 XBH in 71 games. A guy with Brent's glove and contact skills will make it in the major leagues.

We can get offense from somewhere else, perhaps a position where it's easy to come by (DH!).

Lying??? I am not sure you read my whole post. Morel has 29XBH in 71 abs. He has 6 home-runs. Lillibridge hit 4 in 48 ABS down there this year. Getz hit 11 in 111 ABS during his year down there. Morel is a big kid but at age 23 he has not shown home-run power, even in high-school. He is Chris Getz w a better glove.
He may very well make the majors. Getz did. But unless he shows some power, he will not be an upgrade over what Omar has produced this year. Morel's offense in the minors shows he may make a good 2nd base candidate. But we have a better one. Upgrading DH as you suggest may not be enough. Right now Catcher, 2nd, 3rd and LF besides DH are not putting up power numbers. Now hopefully Beckham's numbers are a fluke but supposed they are not?

Craig Grebeck
08-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Lying??? I am not sure you read my whole post. Morel has 29XBH in 71 abs. He has 6 home-runs. Lillibridge hit 4 in 48 ABS down there this year. Getz hit 11 in 111 ABS during his year down there. Morel is a big kid but at age 23 he has not shown home-run power, even in high-school. He is Chris Getz w a better glove.
He may very well make the majors. Getz did. But unless he shows some power, he will not be an upgrade over what Omar has produced this year. Morel's offense in the minors shows he may make a good 2nd base candidate. But we have a better one. Upgrading DH as you suggest may not be enough. Right now Catcher, 2nd, 3rd and LF besides DH are not putting up power numbers. Now hopefully Beckham's numbers are a fluke but supposed they are not?
Morel has the bat to play third base. Christ. It's not a corner offensive position like 1B, LF, RF, etc. It's different.

SCCWS
08-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Morel has the bat to play third base. Christ. It's not a corner offensive position like 1B, LF, RF, etc. It's different.

To many of the better AL teams, it is a corner offensive position. A-Rod, Longoria, Beltre, Young, Inge, Kouzmanoff. Of the top teams in AL only White Sox and Twins get minimal HR production from 3rd.

In 2009, 16 ML 3rd basemen had 15 or more homeruns including Joe Crede for Minnesota. Beckham had 14 in 2/3 of a season.

russ99
08-24-2010, 09:25 AM

Doubtful. I don't know if the scouting staff didn't do their homework. Teahen was all about playing 3B since he was traded here, but it's obviously not his best position, it's second base, where the Royals played him for years.

I can see Teahen as a supersub next season. Either Omar or Beckham will be at 3B.

Craig Grebeck
08-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Doubtful. I don't know if the scouting staff didn't do their homework. Teahen was all about playing 3B since he was traded here, but it's obviously not his best position, it's second base, where the Royals played him for years.

I can see Teahen as a supersub next season. Either Omar or Beckham will be at 3B.
That's utter bull**** that took four seconds to disprove. (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/teahema01.shtml#standard_fielding)

Coops4Aces
08-24-2010, 12:54 PM
That's utter bull**** that took four seconds to disprove. (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/teahema01.shtml#standard_fielding)

:rolling:

3 career starts at 2nd?!

BringHomeDaBacon
08-24-2010, 12:57 PM

Last week he tried to claim that the White Sox lead the league in stolen bases by a wide margin.

Domeshot17
08-24-2010, 01:00 PM

If your homebody moves Beckham to another position next year, that alone should be a firable offense. The fact we have had this kid at 3 positions in 2 years is a disgrace. Imagine the laughing stock the Rays would have been if Longoria played 3rd in the minors, first his rookie year and 2nd the next year.

SoxSpeed22
08-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Supersub still makes the most sense, but if Teahen ends up anywhere, it's right field. Depending on what happens with Carlos in the offseason, Teahen may be in right field next year.

Chez
08-24-2010, 02:08 PM
If your homebody moves Beckham to another position next year, that alone should be a firable offense. The fact we have had this kid at 3 positions in 2 years is a disgrace. Imagine the laughing stock the Rays would have been if Longoria played 3rd in the minors, first his rookie year and 2nd the next year.

Your point is well-taken and I doubt the Sox will move Beckham again. But using the Rays as an example is interesting since they, in fact, play one of their best players (Ben Zobrist) everywhere.

Domeshot17
08-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Your point is well-taken and I doubt the Sox will move Beckham again. But using the Rays as an example is interesting since they, in fact, play one of their best players (Ben Zobrist) everywhere.

But Zobrist was a super sub before he busted out. And this year he hasn't been close to last year. I mean, Beckham isn't in the same class as Longoria, probably far from it, but still has always blown my mind.

Coops4Aces
08-24-2010, 02:16 PM

Bad comparison. Zobrist was not a 1st round pick billed as a franchise player. And after his awesome '09 season, he has played mostly RF.