PDA

View Full Version : Berkman goes to DL...

hawkjt
08-20-2010, 01:40 PM
So the Sox will not face Lance Berkman next weekend when the Yanks come to town. Berkman has a bad ankle,and has hit .179,7 for 39 with 4 rbis and 0 homers since being acquired at the end of July by the Yankees.

Berkman turned down the Sox after a trade had been arranged between the Astros and Sox.

Now, maybe he will catch fire next month,but right now, the Sox are better off without Berkman.

Kotsay and Teahen are hitting better...maybe that left handed bat is already on our roster?
Still would not mind it if Manny Ram. was picked up.

TheOldRoman
08-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Screw Berkman. There can never be enough Yankee injuries. I hope he once again gets the pleasure of watching the Sox celebrate in front of him this October.

Hitmen77
08-20-2010, 01:56 PM
I wonder who the Sox were going to trade to the Astros if Berkman didn't block the trade. I know it would have been prospects, but I mean which prospects?

At any rate, maybe it's a good thing for us that he blocked the trade.

TheOldRoman
08-20-2010, 02:09 PM
I wonder who the Sox were going to trade to the Astros if Berkman didn't block the trade. I know it would have been prospects, but I mean which prospects?

At any rate, maybe it's a good thing for us that he blocked the trade.I wondered that too, since it went down after the Sox had already worked out the Jackson deal. I'm sure Flowers was involved, among others.

mzh
08-20-2010, 02:36 PM
I wondered that too, since it went down after the Sox had already worked out the Jackson deal. I'm sure Flowers was involved, among others.
I doubt Flowers was involved, more likely Viciedo. The Stros have 2 highly regarded catching prospects, J.R. Towles and Jason Castro, both of whom probably field the position better than T-Flow

soltrain21
08-20-2010, 03:00 PM
I doubt Flowers was involved, more likely Viciedo. The Stros have 2 highly regarded catching prospects, J.R. Towles and Jason Castro, both of whom probably field the position better than T-Flow

I hope that nickname never ever catches on.

Coops4Aces
08-20-2010, 03:15 PM
I still don't understand why the Sox even wanted him, he was damaged goods.

+1 (almost as bad as Bacon)

kittle42
08-20-2010, 03:17 PM
T-Flow

Oh, god, no.

mzh
08-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Oh, god, no.
Haha, I was too lazy too type Flowers. But I'm loving the reaction :tongue:

Nellie_Fox
08-20-2010, 03:25 PM
+1 (almost as bad as Bacon)No, it's much, much worse. At least Bacon is spontaneous and original, as good nicknames should be. Another "first initial, first syllable of last name" nickname is anything but.

ilsox7
08-20-2010, 03:35 PM

The Sox refused to give up Viciedo for Manny Ramirez and Dunn. There is absolutely no way he was part of the blocked Berkman trade.

DumpJerry
08-20-2010, 03:37 PM

At any rate, maybe it's a good thing for us that he blocked the trade.
Nobody. It was a deal for money. He wanted to play with Andy Pettitte. Both Pettitte and Peavy called him the day the deals were proposed to pitch their respective teams, but he's good friends with Pettitte.

The injury occurred after the trade when he stepped on First Base wrong in Kansas City (apparently it had been a while since he had to run to First), so this is not a case of damaged goods.

TheOldRoman
08-20-2010, 03:49 PM
I hope that nickname never ever catches on.It might. That is the nickname he accepts. He even got it tattooed on his forearm (very douchey).

Coops4Aces
08-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Nobody. It was a deal for money. He wanted to play with Andy Pettitte. Both Pettitte and Peavy called him the day the deals were proposed to pitch their respective teams, but he's good friends with Pettitte.

The injury occurred after the trade when he stepped on First Base wrong in Kansas City (apparently it had been a while since he had to run to First), so this is not a case of damaged goods.

He's had a bad knee and he has played like crap all summer. He is damaged goods.

Brian26
08-20-2010, 06:56 PM
The Sox refused to give up Viciedo for Manny Ramirez and Dunn. There is absolutely no way he was part of the blocked Berkman trade.

Absolutely correct. I'm guessing we were going to send them a mid-level prospect (at best) along with the cash (that was talked about on The Club).

bunty_doghunter
08-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Bloomer? :redneck