PDA

View Full Version : Bad Omen?

Kilroy
06-26-2002, 08:35 AM
Last night's 15 run spree was fun. And the best part was that it wasn't all a bunch of home-runs.

However, the Sox regularly follow up those kinds of games with sickening, uninspired performances and lose something like 2-0 or 2-1.

On top of that, Ritchie is on the bump tonight, and the Sox have had their worst offensive games this year when he's pitched.

So we could be in for a long night.

Ritchie pitched pretty well his last outing, except for that one pitch to Chipper Jones. Hopefully he'll be at least that good. Maybe the Sox can back him up tonight.

Paulwny
06-26-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Last night's 15 run spree was fun. And the best part was that it wasn't all a bunch of home-runs.

However, the Sox regularly follow up those kinds of games with sickening, uninspired performances and lose something like 2-0 or 2-1.

Yea, I also was thinking this last night, big offensive display followed by 6 gms. of dead ball.

foulkesfan11
06-26-2002, 09:42 AM
They hardly ever score any runs after a 15 run rout!

34 Inch Stick
06-26-2002, 09:59 AM
Kyle Lohse on the mound today. I expect to see a minimum of 6 runs. Go get them Todd.

raul12
06-26-2002, 10:17 AM

On top of that, Ritchie is on the bump tonight, and the Sox have had their worst offensive games this year when he's pitched.

So we could be in for a long night.

Ritchie pitched pretty well his last outing, except for that one pitch to Chipper Jones. Hopefully he'll be at least that good. Maybe the Sox can back him up tonight.

sheesh, if we got 100 hits in one game, you'd be like "oh @!#$! we're gonna suck tomorrow." granted, you did say you enjoyed the outburst, but....some people here were saying sox fans are level headed. that's true if they meant always depressed.

Jerry_Manuel
06-26-2002, 10:24 AM
Usually I would agree with Kilroy, hell if this game was being played in Chicago, I would agree. I think the Sox will hit tonight, not saying they'll score, but they'll hit. Nothing like playing on the pool table.

raul12
06-26-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Usually I would agree with Kilroy, hell if this game was being played in Chicago, I would agree. I think the Sox will hit tonight, not saying they'll score, but they'll hit. Nothing like playing on the pool table.

roycie likes the roller dome!

harwar
06-26-2002, 10:37 AM
Thats been the pattern so far.The Sox win in a 15 run blowout and then can't get anyone on base for 2 weeks after,then boom,another blowout.Ritchie pitches great,then gets bombed the next 4 or 5 games.I believe tonights game is big.If the White Sox and Ritchie can break out of this pattern and both do well tonight,then we could go on a roll and win some games.We'll see what happens tonight.

Kilroy
06-26-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by raul12

sheesh, if we got 100 hits in one game, you'd be like "oh @!#$! we're gonna suck tomorrow." granted, you did say you enjoyed the outburst, but....some people here were saying sox fans are level headed. that's true if they meant always depressed.

Hey friend, I'm trying to jinx the kharma.

But, in 30 years of Sox fandom and 10 years as a season ticket holder, you notice a few things. Only a moron ignores what experience teaches, and the Sox have gone cold after a big offensive game more than a few times that I can think of.

Just this year:

4/6 vs KC W 14-0
4/7 vs KC L 9-2

5/14 vs Tex W 15-4
5/15 vs Tex L 5-2

5/18 vs Ana W 10-4
5/19 vs Ana L 6-1

6/9 vs Mon W 13-2
6/10 vs NY L 3-1

But I hope Jerry's carpet theory throws another wrinkle into things...

Kilroy
06-26-2002, 10:45 AM
....some people here were saying sox fans are level headed. that's true if they meant always depressed.

Oh, and by the way; Ask around, and you'll find that I'm more of an optimistic Sox fan than a lot of the posters here. I'm almost never on the gloom and doom side of things...

Paulwny
06-26-2002, 10:52 AM

Oh, and by the way; Ask around, and you'll find that I'm more of an optimistic Sox fan than a lot of the posters here. I'm almost never on the gloom and doom side of things...

Kilroy was/is the voice of sanity when many of us thought the sky was falling in 2000.

raul12
06-26-2002, 10:56 AM

Hey friend, I'm trying to jinx the kharma.

But, in 30 years of Sox fandom and 10 years as a season ticket holder, you notice a few things. Only a moron ignores what experience teaches, and the Sox have gone cold after a big offensive game more than a few times that I can think of.

Just this year:

4/6 vs KC W 14-0
4/7 vs KC L 9-2

5/14 vs Tex W 15-4
5/15 vs Tex L 5-2

5/18 vs Ana W 10-4
5/19 vs Ana L 6-1

6/9 vs Mon W 13-2
6/10 vs NY L 3-1

i'm sure we've had more than 4 10+ run games this year. I agree that we have a tendency to suck after big O nights, but let's just enjoy the win for what it is, and take one day at a time.

:gulp:

I didn't mean to get you all riled up. it's just that whenever we lose, people b!tch and whenever we win, someone always finds something to b!tch about. i would take the b!tchin' after a loss much easier if people would enjoy the wins just as much as we hate the losses. (btw, i'm not accusing you directly, just making a general statement...)

Jerry_Manuel
06-26-2002, 11:41 AM

Look at last night, I bet there were at least 6 hits that would've been outs in Comiskey.

raul12
06-26-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Look at last night, I bet there were at least 6 hits that would've been outs in Comiskey.

???? re last night: i noticed several times with runners on second and we got a single where the man was held at third. Was that juts b/c of the speed of the carpet or someone telling wavin wally if someone gets thrown out at the plate, you're fired?

Kilroy
06-26-2002, 11:53 AM
...I didn't mean to get you all riled up.

I wasn't riled at all. Maybe we need a color for riled, a-la teal.

Jerry_Manuel
06-26-2002, 01:54 PM
???? re last night: i noticed several times with runners on second and we got a single where the man was held at third. Was that juts b/c of the speed of the carpet or someone telling wavin wally if someone gets thrown out at the plate, you're fired?

Depends on who was running, but the Twins outfield gets to the ball very quickly.