PDA

View Full Version : Marté Out?

Viva Magglio
06-26-2002, 07:08 AM
Mike Murphy reported that Damaso Marté it out indefinitely with a dead arm? Or was it my imaginary radio?

duke of dorwood
06-26-2002, 07:46 AM
FRom Sun Times:

MINNEAPOLIS--Just what the White Sox need at a critical juncture of the season: a bullpen missing two of its key parts. But that's the Sox' luck for you.

New closer Antonio Osuna remains in Mexico to be with his wife, who is expecting the couple's second child. Manager Jerry Manuel was unable to say when he expects Osuna to return.

And left-hander Damaso Marte, who has a 1.80 ERA in his last 23 outings, is out indefinitely with what Manuel labeled a dead arm.

"He doesn't have a lot of pain,'' Manuel said. "He just doesn't have any strength.''

Marte has pitched 282/3 innings this season and is tied for seventh in the American League with 34 appearances.

Manuel tried to clear up some confusion about his comment after the game Monday that he didn't know Osuna's wife was having a baby. He said Tuesday he knew she was expecting, but the team didn't expect her to go into labor so soon.

That meant Keith Foulke, who has blown two saves in dramatic fashion this season, was back in the closer's role Monday, according to Manuel. Foulke entered Tuesday's game in the seventh inning.

A future save opportunity for Foulke could make or break his season, if it isn't broken already. He has admitted he lacks the confidence--not to mention the stuff--that made him a first-rate closer the last two seasons.

While the thought of Foulke closing again is enough to make a Sox fan cringe, a successful save could give him the confidence to be at least an effective middle reliever.

foulkesfan11
06-26-2002, 08:49 AM
Another Osuna being born into the world..... Geesh!

That be Me Kid!

duke of dorwood
06-26-2002, 10:21 AM
Is it Almonte time?

Randar68
06-26-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Is it Almonte time?

Vining time???

delben91
06-26-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Vining time???

If Marte needs a stint on the DL, I'd vote for Vining too. He's been tearing it up in charlotte hasn't he?

raul12
06-26-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by delben91

If Marte needs a stint on the DL, I'd vote for Vining too. He's been tearing it up in charlotte hasn't he?

that doesn't mean a damn thing in our GM's eyes.

:crede
if i say i can pitch and i'm a lefty, will i get called up? maybe if i can get an at bat in interleague as a relief pitcher, then they'll be so impressed, they'll keep me.

delben91
06-26-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by raul12

that doesn't mean a damn thing in our GM's eyes.

Ah yes...silly me, I was thinking logically and forgot KW was running the show.

Garrison
06-26-2002, 11:44 AM

Ah yes...silly me, I was thinking logically and forgot KW was running the show.

oh the life of a sox fan. amen to that delben. :gulp:

HawkDJ
06-26-2002, 01:03 PM

Vining. He's been tearing it up in charlotte hasn't he?

I'd say a 2.53 ERA in 32 innings would count as tearing it up.

MattSharp
06-26-2002, 06:15 PM
Man no Marte. This team has enough problems already.

My vote goes for Ginter since he was pitching very well when he was up here. I don't know how many options he has left though...

BearSox
06-26-2002, 08:29 PM
How bout bringin another lefty back in Brian Ward. He was the sideburn king of the sox before biddle

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-26-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
How bout bringin another lefty back in Brian Ward. He was the sideburn king of the sox before biddle

i hope that was supposed to be in the teal

BearSox
06-26-2002, 09:08 PM
If teal stands for sarcasm then yes it should have been. Brian Ward sucked. I just need some humor in my life right now

Iguana775
06-26-2002, 10:09 PM
good thing he has 'dead arm'. 4 k's in 1.2 innings tonite. if that is 'dead arm', i wish the whole staff had it. lol.

jklm
06-26-2002, 10:21 PM
I hope we don't kill his arm...