PDA

View Full Version : Derrek Lee to the Braves

Hitmen77
08-18-2010, 10:22 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/08/cubs-working-on-deal-to-send-lee-to-braves.html

soxfanatlanta
08-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Swapping one injured piece for another. I know Lee is a decent player, but he just got an epidural for his back pain - yikes!

g0g0
08-18-2010, 02:08 PM
He was gone anyways after this season so at least he can compete for another ring. Call up another rookie! :sleep:

Coops4Aces
08-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Done deal

theamb
08-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Good move by the Cubs to get something for Lee. And from reports it looks like they picked up some decent prospects.

Hitmen77
08-18-2010, 06:11 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/08/cubs-lee-declines-to-discuss-reported-braves-deal.html

....for 3 pitching prospects.

That trade in 2003 to get him for Hee-Seop Choi was a complete steal for the Cubs. Of course, it helped that the Marlins were in fire sale mode just after winning the World Series and were looking to dump Lee's salary. Still, the Marlins usually get a good haul when they unload stars. This is probably the only instance I can think of where Hendry robbed a team not named the Pirates.

Red Barchetta
08-18-2010, 09:36 PM
...hmmm, they get rid of Lee and keep Zambrano. :scratch: Amazing.

SBSoxFan
08-18-2010, 10:43 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/08/cubs-lee-declines-to-discuss-reported-braves-deal.html

That trade in 2003 to get him for Hee-Seop Choi was a complete steal for the Cubs. Of course, it helped that the Marlins were in fire sale mode just after winning the World Series and were looking to dump Lee's salary. Still, the Marlins usually get a good haul when they unload stars. This is probably the only instance I can think of where Hendry robbed a team not named the Pirates.

A guy with a bad back, 1 month left on his contract, and $3 million due for 3 pitching prospects. The Braves got snookered.

veeter
08-18-2010, 10:51 PM

That trade in 2003 to get him for Hee-Seop Choi was a complete steal for the Cubs. Of course, it helped that the Marlins were in fire sale mode just after winning the World Series and were looking to dump Lee's salary. Still, the Marlins usually get a good haul when they unload stars. This is probably the only instance I can think of where Hendry robbed a team not named the Pirates.The Marlins made up for it in the Pierre trade. They got Nolasco and a very good Dontrelle Willis. Hendry sucks.

Cuck the Fubs
08-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Just caught Comcast sportsnight...I gotta say I'm sitting here :scratch::scratch::scratch:

Lee was heralded as a true Cub by refusing the trade to the Angels, he LOVED it here!

Hmmmm.....every interview I've seen tonight the guy is :D::D::D::D: from ear to ear.

Seems very :bandance: to be going to a first place ball club....

g0g0
08-19-2010, 07:51 AM
...hmmm, they get rid of Lee and keep Zambrano. :scratch: Amazing.

If they could dump Zambrano they would. Too much left on his contract. Lee was in his final year and definitely not returning.

Just caught Comcast sportsnight...I gotta say I'm sitting here :scratch::scratch::scratch:

Lee was heralded as a true Cub by refusing the trade to the Angels, he LOVED it here!

Hmmmm.....every interview I've seen tonight the guy is :D::D::D::D: from ear to ear.

Seems very :bandance: to be going to a first place ball club....

Lee was one of my favorites the past few years, but it wasn't like he was being stabbed in the back. He was the 10-5 to say no. The difference between Atlanta and LA was Atlanta is in 1st right now and has a good chance of going deep in the postseason. LA wasn't/isn't a given.

jdm2662
08-19-2010, 08:22 AM
The Marlins made up for it in the Pierre trade. They got Nolasco and a very good Dontrelle Willis. Hendry sucks.

willis was traded for Matt Clement, who had a decent career until he got rocked in the head with a hit baseball.

Foulke You
08-19-2010, 11:54 PM
If they could dump Zambrano they would. Too much left on his contract. Lee was in his final year and definitely not returning.

Lee was one of my favorites the past few years, but it wasn't like he was being stabbed in the back. He was the 10-5 to say no. The difference between Atlanta and LA was Atlanta is in 1st right now and has a good chance of going deep in the postseason. LA wasn't/isn't a given.
I don't follow the Cubs that closely. Are the Cubs planning to hand the keys to 1B for 2011 to Blake Dewitt already or are they going the FA route?

g0g0
08-20-2010, 10:19 AM
I don't follow the Cubs that closely. Are the Cubs planning to hand the keys to 1B for 2011 to Blake Dewitt already or are they going the FA route?

Dewitt plays 2nd which is why people were thinking Colvin moving to 1st wouldn't be a bad idea as he's in the running. I don't think anyone knows who will play 1st next year, least of all the Cubs lol.