PDA

View Full Version : Jenks Throws, Available Wednesday

Lip Man 1
08-17-2010, 04:44 PM
So says Gonzo (Mark Gonzales) of the Tribune. He will not be placed on the DL. Ozzie will talk more about this situation later he said.

Lip

Boondock Saint
08-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Not sure if this is good news or not.

october23sp
08-17-2010, 04:46 PM
We need another arm out of the pen. ANY arm will do.

kevingrt
08-17-2010, 04:46 PM

I guess we will find out if it is good news or bad news the next time he pitches.

Dub25
08-17-2010, 10:52 PM
So says Gonzo (Mark Gonzales) of the Tribune. He will not be placed on the DL. Ozzie will talk more about this situation later he said.

Lip

Hmmmm... do i dare??? ah forget it.

mcsoxfan
08-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Hmmmm... do i dare??? ah forget it.

And the good news just keeps on coming.

arKnaD7
08-18-2010, 12:32 AM
He needs to rest until he is 100%. When he was 100% this year he was lights out, we need that Bobby back, even if it takes another week.

JB98
08-18-2010, 12:50 AM
If there is a closing situation tomorrow, I hope Ozzie puts him in. No teal.

The Sox can't win this thing unless Jenks is healthy and effective in the closer's role. He's been injured and ineffective since the All-Star break, and we've seen what has happened to the bullpen.

It's not going to get any worse than what's happened the last three games by putting Bobby back on the horse.

hawkjt
08-18-2010, 01:37 AM

The Sox can't win this thing unless Jenks is healthy and effective in the closer's role. He's been injured and ineffective since the All-Star break, and we've seen what has happened to the bullpen.

It's not going to get any worse than what's happened the last three games by putting Bobby back on the horse.

Yes, this is good news. We need Bobby back in the closer role to have a chance in this thing. Sink or swim..Bobby is the guy.

ewokpelts
08-18-2010, 07:41 AM
great. just great

kevingrt
08-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Yes, this is good news. We need Bobby back in the closer role to have a chance in this thing. Sink or swim..Bobby is the guy.

Sad but true.

voodoochile
08-18-2010, 12:05 PM

:thumbsup:

TDog
08-18-2010, 12:30 PM

The White Sox have lost three straight games that they should have won, would have won if they could have held a lead in the eight, ninth or tenth inning. Putz blew two save opportunities (technically, in one he was setting up for Thornton the day after Thornton was setting up for him, but it still counts as a blown save). Thornton didn't blow the save, but he lost a game in pitching for the win as the Sox came from behind to give them the lead.

Use all the scary icons you want in referring to Jenks, but Jenks couldn't have made things any worse.

The White Sox would be tied for first right now if Thornton and Putz had successfully closed out the last three games, in part because the White Sox tied Tuesday night's game against the Twins closer and scored against the former Twins closer to take the lead.

Whine all you want about not having enough offense. The reason this White Sox team got off to a horrendous start was ineffective starting pitching. The reason the White Sox didn't hold on to first place after playing brilliantly in June and July has been horrendous relief pitching.

Jenks blew a couple of games, and you can long for the day when the White Sox let him go, just as the Pirates let Matt Capps go after he recorded an ERA of 5.80 as their closer last year. But the White Sox need him in their bullpen. They might be in first place if he had been available the last three games.

Lip Man 1
08-18-2010, 01:19 PM
TDog:

It will be interesting to see where Bobby pitches next year and if he finally realizes how important conditioning is to extending his career.

Lip

TheOldRoman
08-18-2010, 01:25 PM
TDog:

It will be interesting to see where Bobby pitches next year and if he finally realizes how important conditioning is to extending his career.

LipRemember that he lost 25 pounds in the offseason and Ozzie and Kenny raved how proud they were of him for listening. He obviously has work to do, but I think he is taking conditioning seriously now.

UofCSoxFan
08-18-2010, 01:28 PM
We've had what 3 or 4 blown save losses since his back started hurting him (I'll count the one yesterday though technically not a blown save)?

We can't afford to wait much longer...the season is slipping away.

Lip Man 1
08-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Roman:

I've had folks tell me he's put back on the weight that he lost but I have no way of knowing if that is true or not.

Lip

Crestani
08-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Remember that he lost 25 pounds in the offseason and Ozzie and Kenny raved how proud they were of him for listening. He obviously has work to do, but I think he is taking conditioning seriously now.

Maybe, but he certainly looked like he has gained a lot of it back. When he was limping off the field the other day, he looked as heavy as ever.:scratch: