PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call for Sox @ Twins

october23sp
08-15-2010, 07:55 PM
I'll be there Wednesday and Thursday, anyone else making the trip?

DumpJerry
08-15-2010, 08:05 PM
My friend will be there.

He'll be the guy in the Sox clothing.

october23sp
08-15-2010, 08:09 PM
My friend will be there.

He'll be the guy in the Sox clothing.

I'm your friend?:bateyes::giverose:

Rdy2PlayBall
08-15-2010, 08:12 PM
If I got tickets for free, including a plane ride to the park... I wouldn't go. I would never be caught dead in a place that could make me go insane if the Sox lose. I'm hoping for the best, but it's like gambling with my mental state. :kukoo:

Good luck everyone going.

october23sp
08-15-2010, 08:14 PM
If I got tickets for free, including a plane ride to the park... I wouldn't go. I would never be caught dead in a place that could make me go insane if the Sox lose. I'm hoping for the best, but it's like gambling with my mental state. :kukoo:

The first time I read this I thought you said you did get tix for free and a plane ride to the park. I would much rather go to games in Chicago but I did that last year and it's a more expensive trip.

cleanwsox
08-15-2010, 08:19 PM
I'll be there Tuesday. Praying for something good to happen.

:praying:

Ex-MtGreenwood
08-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Keep Minnesota green! Bring money! :D:

DumpJerry
08-15-2010, 08:50 PM

I went there last month for the series we had. It's a nice ballpark and Twins fans are very tolerable.

If the Sox lose while you're there, just go two blocks over to 7th Street Entry to forget your sorrows.

Rdy2PlayBall
08-15-2010, 09:02 PM
I went there last month for the series we had. It's a nice ballpark and Twins fans are very tolerable.

If the Sox lose while you're there, just go two blocks over to 7th Street Entry to forget your sorrows.I just don't like the sound of happy people at the Sox expense. I have nightmares about Twins fans at the Cell ever since the last game I was at. :(:
(not really, but it makes me uncomfortable, angry, then sad. I almost wanted to beat up a little kid Twins fan)

Nellie_Fox
08-16-2010, 12:10 AM
it makes me uncomfortable, angry, then sad.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQj6d755la0MD4-rF0CNfbT8yiAVkgWm9KtTTpWN_9fxjMA4xw&t=1&usg=__Wwz7ceWvzCITzDrrZUzj1n57o9c= "That's interesting. You know what makes me sad? ..."

I'll be at the Wednesday game.

08-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Present for all three

october23sp
08-16-2010, 12:14 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQj6d755la0MD4-rF0CNfbT8yiAVkgWm9KtTTpWN_9fxjMA4xw&t=1&usg=__Wwz7ceWvzCITzDrrZUzj1n57o9c= "That's interesting. You know what makes me sad? ..."

I'll be at the Wednesday game.

Where are you seated?

Nellie_Fox
08-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Where are you seated?In the Legends seats. Section C, row 10, seats 7 & 8.

Twins Win
08-16-2010, 08:58 AM

If the Sox lose while you're there, just go two blocks over to 7th Street Entry to forget your sorrows.

I think most Twins fans treat other fans with respect at the stadium. Of course there are always some pricks at every stadium. Hopefully any of you attending the game(s) don't run into these pricks.

It should be a great series. I'm looking forward to some great baseball.

october23sp
08-16-2010, 09:47 AM
I think most Twins fans treat other fans with respect at the stadium. Of course there are always some pricks at every stadium. Hopefully any of you attending the game(s) don't run into these pricks.

It should be a great series. I'm looking forward to some great baseball.

The Twins fans should like me, I got my paper bag ready. (Teal implied)

Thome4Ever
08-16-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm going to the game on Thursday. Hopefully, Buehrle will be pitching to get us back even with the Twinkies that night. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the new stadium as I have a lifetime goal to go to at least one game in each MLB team's stadium. I guess to do that, I occasionally have to see a team I can't stand! :D:

Nellie_Fox
08-16-2010, 11:40 PM
I think most Twins fans treat other fans with respect at the stadium. Of course there are always some pricks at every stadium. Hopefully any of you attending the game(s) don't run into these pricks.I've never had a problem, and have had some great baseball talks with Twins fans. Of course, I'm old, I don't overly celebrate, and I don't talk smack.

october23sp
08-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Whether or not I will be able to go is in question. Illness in the family.:(:

DumpJerry
08-16-2010, 11:47 PM
I've never had a problem, and have had some great baseball talks with Twins fans. Of course, I'm old, I don't overly celebrate, and I don't talk smack.
Minnesotans are pretty nice, generally speaking. I was at the 1985 Thursday night Bears/Vikings' game at the Humpdome. When McMahon came off the bench in the 2nd half and lit up the sky with three TD passes before you could eat a hot dog, I was bouncing off the roof with glee over how the had turned around. If I had done this in Philly or N.Y., I would have been shot by Security. Since this was Minny, I was left alone. Of course, the Viking fans all looked like wax museum sculptures as they slipped into an advanced state of shock and awe over the Bears. This was Week Three of The Season, so they did not know who they were up against.:D:

october23sp
08-18-2010, 02:32 PM
I am in Target City. I am convinced this place is run by Target.

KMcMahon817
08-18-2010, 04:05 PM
I'll be there tonight! Wohooo! Go SOX!

october23sp
08-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Walking around downtown looking for a place to eat, I saw which hotel the Sox are staying at.
Kenny Williams was on his phone talking about Manny Ramirez.

KMcMahon817
08-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Walking around downtown looking for a place to eat, I saw which hotel the Sox are staying at.
Kenny Williams was on his phone talking about Manny Ramirez.

Try Harry's. It's on Washington Ave, great burgers and it isn't overly expensive. It's about a ten minute walk from the park.

The park was built in the warehouse district, so it's not exactly close to a ton of great stuff, but it's getting built up.

october23sp
08-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Try Harry's. It's on Washington Ave, great burgers and it isn't overly expensive. It's about a ten minute walk from the park.

The park was built in the warehouse district, so it's not exactly close to a ton of great stuff, but it's getting built up.

We had Peter's actually, it was pretty good.

Sox are staying at the W FWIW.