PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8/13 The Sun Came Out Today (sort of) Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
08-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Elvis would be pleased.

Rohan
08-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Clever title. Still one game back.

Really good to see Teahen at it.

GlassSox
08-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Good win and welcome back Mark Teahen

JermaineDye05
08-13-2010, 11:55 PM
I would like to thank Marky Mark for making me seem like an evil genius in the 6th inning. :cool:

doublem23
08-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Tlou_2lMLAc

I wonder what the word on Bobby is. Looks like he got creamed.

08-13-2010, 11:57 PM
This win also puts us 4 back of the WC

hi im skot
08-13-2010, 11:58 PM
I wonder what the word on Bobby is. Looks like he got creamed.

And he didn't even have to throw a pitch!

http://forum.contatoradar.com.br/style_emoticons/default/rimshot.gif

Slappy
08-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Teahen in Sox win.

Wasn't Kotsay supposed to go on the DL or something?

slavko
08-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Teahen looks better than before, might be that LH bat we needed. Of note, Thornton threw a few nice sliders for strikes, do it more often, Matt. And a little life in those bats that's been missing. Gee, a sweep would be nice. The Twins will lose a few Sometime Soon Now, right?

WhiteSox5187
08-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Great win. Don't stop now.

Only complaint is that Buerhle got charged with three runs when he should have been out of the sixth with that play by Peralta. I haven't seen a replay of it, but if the ruling was Beckham came off the bag, I sure as hell didn't see it. Also, it's a very minor complaint but Rios AB in the seventh was awful. He is pressing with runners on base.

guillensdisciple
08-14-2010, 12:08 AM
Go on another 8 gamer right here and we can position ourselves extremely well in this division.

One more winning streak could put us over the top.

Brian26
08-14-2010, 12:09 AM
And he didn't even have to throw a pitch!

http://forum.contatoradar.com.br/style_emoticons/default/rimshot.gif

:rolling:

DonnieDarko
08-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Oh, it was Jenks who got hit with that foul ball by Pierzynski? I was wondering who got creamed with that sucker.

Man, that guy just can't seem to catch a break. Even when he's not pitching the dude gets hurt.

Soxman219
08-14-2010, 12:15 AM
Nice comeback from last night, get another one tomorrow.

jcw218
08-14-2010, 12:18 AM

Only complaint is that Buerhle got charged with three runs when he should have been out of the sixth with that play by Peralta. I haven't seen a replay of it, but if the ruling was Beckham came off the bag, I sure as hell didn't see it. Also, it's a very minor complaint but Rios AB in the seventh was awful. He is pressing with runners on base.

You can't see it in real time, but there is an angle from behind Alexi that clearly shows that Beckham was pulled off the bag.

Link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=10938145)

soltrain21
08-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Teahen in right and TCQ for DH please.

thomas35forever
08-14-2010, 12:23 AM
And bench Kotsay?! What are you, nuts?!

Dibbs
08-14-2010, 12:30 AM

This sounds great, and you would think any moron could figure this out. Somehow I think Ozzie finds a way to get Kotsay in the game STILL. Just like he did tonight.

shingo10
08-14-2010, 12:32 AM
Nice, nice win. Too bad the A's couldn't pull it out in the 9th but oh well. We'll get our chance next week to take care of the twinkies.

On a side note anyone else notice Jenks got a tattoo? Couldn't tell which arm it was but just thought it was interesting.

doublem23
08-14-2010, 12:35 AM
This sounds great, and you would think any moron could figure this out. Somehow I think Ozzie finds a way to get Kotsay in the game STILL. Just like he did tonight.

Maybe, but until Quentin can demonstrate any bit of reliable durability, he should be treated like a porcelain doll.

Tragg
08-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Who did the Sox move for Teahen?

Kotsay would have made sense, but Guillen wouldn't go for that.

doublem23
08-14-2010, 12:54 AM

Viciedo

delben91
08-14-2010, 01:00 AM

We get it, Ozzie sucks. Thanks for clarifying.

Viciedo was the one moved to AAA.

twinsuck
08-14-2010, 01:21 AM
This team is resilient, they are going to be alright. :D:

LoveYourSuit
08-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Just got home.

Good time at ballpark. I was starting to worry that Bonderman was going to stick it to us again, lots of :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: from me early the first time around the order.

But the bats broke thru.

There is nothing that pleases me more than looking at balls go over the fence by our Sox. I LOVE THE LONG BALL! We hit HRs, we wing games.

Keep hitting the ball out. And I love the fact that when Detroit made a run at us today, we came right back and scored some more.

doublem23
08-14-2010, 01:25 AM
rfUYuIVbFg0

If you're not having fun, why do you even watch baseball?

Nellie_Fox
08-14-2010, 01:27 AM

Only complaint is that Buerhle got charged with three runs when he should have been out of the sixth with that play by Peralta. I haven't seen a replay of it, but if the ruling was Beckham came off the bag, I sure as hell didn't see it. Yeah, he was off the bag.

Nelfox02
08-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Solid win all around

Hoping to see another quality start from Jackson, who has quietly been a nice addition to the rotation thus far.......

I think the Twins get Cahill tomorrow....hopefully he can shut em down and the A's take advantage

Lets get to Target at least tied.....

GoGoCrede
08-14-2010, 01:30 AM
Got bored waiting, so I went over to a friend's and watched Flight of the Conchords. I kept track on Gameday. Looks like our bats returned. I'm really pleased.

Foulke You
08-14-2010, 01:33 AM
Nice win today and a nice comeback game for Mark Teahen. Ball was flying out of the park today but Teahen's bomb would have been gone on any night. We could really use a sweep this weekend and this was a good start.

Was anyone else surprised to see Santos start that inning out after the 80 min rain delay. He had a hard time getting loose and it almost set the Tigers up for a big inning. Oh, and CB Bucknor is still a terrible umpire. If I'm a Tiger or White Sox hitter, I would have had no idea what was a strike tonight.

LoveYourSuit
08-14-2010, 01:43 AM
Nice win today and a nice comeback game for Mark Teahen. Ball was flying out of the park today but Teahen's bomb would have been gone on any night. We could really use a sweep this weekend and this was a good start.

Was anyone else surprised to see Santos start that inning out after the 80 min rain delay. He had a hard time getting loose and it almost set the Tigers up for a big inning. Oh, and CB Bucknor is still a terrible umpire. If I'm a Tiger or White Sox hitter, I would have had no idea what was a strike tonight.

I don't understand how this ass clown still has a job.

He is a joke. I just got to Alex's AB on the DVR, complete garbage :angry:

Surprised Ozzie did not unload on him.

Have to side with Hawk on that call.

Nellie_Fox
08-14-2010, 01:46 AM
I don't understand how this ass clown still has a job.

He is a joke. I just got to Alex's AB on the DVR, complete garbage :angry:

Surprised Ozzie did not unload on him.

Have to side with Hawk on that call.I had the Detroit feed on Extra Innings tonight. The Detroit announcers mentioned a couple of times that Bucknor is always rated the worst ball/strike umpire in the game by the players.

LoveYourSuit
08-14-2010, 01:54 AM
I had the Detroit feed on Extra Innings tonight. The Detroit announcers mentioned a couple of times that Bucknor is always rated the worst ball/strike umpire in the game by the players.

It's a guessing game with him. And you don't want that.

His umping behind the plate is at High School level.

soxlady8
08-14-2010, 02:26 AM
Nice win tonight :)
loved the back to back triples by Bacon and Juany near the end of the game !

The flying Elvis dudes were super cool. I liked the one who had the American Flag. It was so nice to see in the air. The post game show was awesome too.
The fireworks that were displayed tonight were spectacular.

Too bad the A's could not get it done in the 9th :(
oh well , the Sox just gotta keep pluggin' away!

DonnieDarko
08-14-2010, 02:37 AM
Looking at the topic title, I thought that this was quite appropriate. :D:

U6tV11acSRk

voodoochile
08-14-2010, 02:55 AM
Teahen looks better than before, might be that LH bat we needed. Of note, Thornton threw a few nice sliders for strikes, do it more often, Matt. And a little life in those bats that's been missing. Gee, a sweep would be nice. The Twins will lose a few Sometime Soon Now, right?

They'll lose three next week for sure...

Can't argue with tonight at all. Nice to see Teahen back and even if he's not Adam Dunn these final 7 weeks, if he manages to post a .800 OPS against RHP that may well be enough.

:soxwin:

:)

guillensdisciple
08-14-2010, 02:57 AM
They'll lose three next week for sure...

Can't argue with tonight at all. Nice to see Teahen back and even if he's not Adam Dunn these final 7 weeks, if he manages to post a .800 OPS against RHP that may well be enough.

:soxwin:

:)

They have a pretty rough schedule the rest of the way. I don't see it being that easy for them.

Anyway, Go Sox!! I hope Edwin pitches like a stud tomorrow, and continues proving all the skeptics wrong.

EDIT:

In case anyone is keeping score, we are only 4.5 back in the wild card. It seems like there is a lot up for grabs in the AL this year. Who knows what crazy things can transpire.

ChiSoxGal85
08-14-2010, 03:19 AM
My family and I had a great time at the game - a perfect way to spend my birthday. Got there plenty early enough to watch Tigers batting practice. My son caught a HR ball during BP and he was thrilled.

@InsideTheSox gave away Tweet seats and I won them! They only had 2 seats but my DH and son graciously offered to stay in our seats in left field (my son really wanted to catch a game HR ball). So my daughter and I moved to right behind the visitors dugout. Great seats for a Great Sox victory!

Buerhle was lookin' good. Gordon was in a groove. Loved seeing Teahen and Ramirez hit 'em out. The rain delay wasn't too big of a deal, it sure cooled things off.

I also had my first churro..YUM. Can't believe I never had one of those before!

Too bad the A's couldn't quite get the job done with the Twins. We'll just have to keep plugging away.

Ranger
08-14-2010, 03:54 AM
Oh, it was Jenks who got hit with that foul ball by Pierzynski? I was wondering who got creamed with that sucker.

Man, that guy just can't seem to catch a break. Even when he's not pitching the dude gets hurt.

I might be wrong, but I don't think he got hit by that ball. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that he actually aggravated his back trying to get out of the way of it.

Think about it. The last thing you want to do with a bad back is make any sudden, violent motions. But that's exactly what you have to do in order to avoid getting hit by a screaming line drive.

oeo
08-14-2010, 04:06 AM
In case anyone is keeping score, we are only 4.5 back in the wild card. It seems like there is a lot up for grabs in the AL this year. Who knows what crazy things can transpire.

Don't think it's that crazy at all. Neither the Yankees or Rays are playing well right now. The only AL team that is, is the Twins. And the Orioles of all teams.

EDIT: 4 teams in the AL have winning records in their last 10, the Twins are the only one in the Top 3 of their division. The other three are the Blue Jays (7-3), O's (8-2), and the Mariners (6-4). Lots of August slumping going on.

kufram
08-14-2010, 05:44 AM
They have a pretty rough schedule the rest of the way. I don't see it being that easy for them.

Anyway, Go Sox!! I hope Edwin pitches like a stud tomorrow, and continues proving all the skeptics wrong.

EDIT:

Nothing is crazy right now. We are in the middle of a tight race. The Twins have been winning and we've lost a few but we're still right there. Teahen is a plus coming back no matter how bad some poeple think of him here. We only need the situational hitting to improve (signs of that last night) and we win ball games. If we get a few HRs we win ball games. It's easy to tear a lineup apart when nobody is hitting for a few games, but as long as different guys come through on different days, with our pitching, we'll be ok.

We lost an ace and a closer and didn't sign the big bat but we're still in as good a position as anyone to get to the post season. I do apologize for the optimism.... can't help it.

BringHomeDaBacon
08-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Don't think it's that crazy at all. Neither the Yankees or Rays are playing well right now. The only AL team that is, is the Twins. And the Orioles of all teams.

I think that was the poster's point. The way things are going, for the first time all year it's beginning to look conceivable that BOTH the Chisox and Twins could make the playoffs. And that would be crazy.

Zisk77
08-14-2010, 08:24 AM

EDIT:

All those other managers should be fired! A losing record in August, unheard of!:redneck

ChiSoxGal85
08-14-2010, 09:41 AM
I might be wrong, but I don't think he got hit by that ball. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that he actually aggravated his back trying to get out of the way of it.

Think about it. The last thing you want to do with a bad back is make any sudden, violent motions. But that's exactly what you have to do in order to avoid getting hit by a screaming line drive.
We were sitting behind the visitor's dugout and saw that ball go screaming off AJ's bat into the Sox dugout. It didn't hit anyone - but that sounds right that Jenks tweaked something getting out of the way. They were diving out of the way for their lives. If that ball had been about 4 feet higher, some poor fan in stands without those kind of reflexes might have been creamed.

DickAllen72
08-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Ugh.

Rdy2PlayBall
08-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Ugh.:scratch:
He's an average right fielder, he just had a mess up yesterday because of bad visibility, and the play still ended in a out. It's probably a better option than Quentin, who might break a leg on a patch of removed grass.

Craig Grebeck
08-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Like I said, I'll buy a Teahen jersey and game-used memorabilia if he supplants Kotsay.

Seems like a nice guy anyhow.

DonnieDarko
08-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Like I said, I'll buy a Teahen jersey and game-used memorabilia if he supplants Kotsay.

Seems like a nice guy anyhow.

And yet it seems like he's not liked in the clubhouse? I wonder how the hell that came about?

kevingrt
08-14-2010, 11:20 AM
And yet it seems like he's not liked in the clubhouse? I wonder how the hell that came about?

Where did you hear this?

Craig Grebeck
08-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Where'd you hear that?

We all know the clubhouse is a bit, eh, shall we say adverse to eccentricity. Swisher rubbed people the wrong way for showing them his bobblehead.

DonnieDarko
08-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Where did you hear this?

One of the threads here. I forget exactly which one. But several people said that Teahen wasn't liked in the clubhouse. I find it hard to believe myself, but you never know...

I wonder how the dude is eccentric, or if he even is, though. :P

johnnyg83
08-14-2010, 11:41 AM
IIRC Theahen was well-liked in KC. Fans and clubhouse.

Craig Grebeck
08-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I just can't imagine he'd be disliked. I don't know. He seems like a really good guy, and I've had a hard time getting down on him. I mean, compared to Omar, he's probably not well-liked, but Omar seems like the most down-to-earth guy in the world.

Anyone ever see him interact with fans between pitching changes? Lots of times in that first Minny game post all-star break, he was putting his hand on his lower back, joking about his age and the like. Love that guy.

DirtySox
08-14-2010, 11:44 AM
A link to the Teahen thread in question would be nice. I don't recall those sentiments ever being posted here.

GoGoCrede
08-14-2010, 11:45 AM
A link to the Teahen thread in question would be nice. I don't recall those sentiments ever being posted here.

I read it too, I just can't for the life of me remember which thread. I'll have a look.

GoGoCrede
08-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Okay, I can't find it, but I remember reading it and thinking the poster didn't have a very valid source, anyway (apologies if the poster in question did!).

hi im skot
08-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Okay, I can't find it, but I remember reading it and thinking the poster didn't have a very valid source, anyway (apologies if the poster in question did!).

Redacted.

Quentin08
08-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Maybe he has pictures of Espy and Ribi all over his locker .. or maybe he doesn't shut up about them.. or maybe one of them bit one of the players. My guess is Quentin.

Lip Man 1
08-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Skot:

No it wasn't. You are wrong.

The comment I posted from an individual who is a beat writer never mentioned Teahan at all.

I also recall reading a comment somnewhere and I think it was at WSI, where there was a reference to Teahan not being liked in the clubhouse but it wasn't by me.

Lip

GoGoCrede
08-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Skot:

The comment I posted from an individual who is a beat writer never mentioned Teahan at all.

I also recall reading a comment somnewhere and I think it was at WSI, where there was a reference to Teahan not being liked in the clubhouse but it wasn't by me.

Lip

Yeah, that's what I thought. Damn, this has been bugging me, trying to find the original post.

hi im skot
08-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Skot:

Lip

You're right, Lip. I apologize.

Craig Grebeck
08-14-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm still confused as to why he would be disliked. Meh, whatever. I'm jacked he's back and I feel confident he'll produce.

Of course, that pitch he ripped was on a tee. What the hell was Bonderman trying to do there?

shingo10
08-14-2010, 12:19 PM
I believe the comments were in the 8/13 lineup thread yesterday. Basically someone said one of his friends interned with the White Sox and that Kotsay was the most liked guy in the clubhouse while Teahan was almost "universally disliked."

If Teahan keeps hitting like he did last night then I don't care who does or doesn't like him. Just help us win.

Craig Grebeck
08-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Mark Kotsay might be the most charmed fella in the world. Jesus.

hi im skot
08-14-2010, 12:24 PM

Where did you hear this?

Where'd you hear that?

I read it too, I just can't for the life of me remember which thread. I'll have a look.

Skot:

Lip

I figured after my jab at Lip I had to track this down to clear his name. Here you go:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2590539&postcount=92

GoGoCrede
08-14-2010, 12:27 PM
I figured after my jab at Lip I had to track this down to clear his name. Here you go:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2590539&postcount=92

Nicely done. I was searching for about 20 minutes before I gave up and logged onto Tumblr.

Lip's name is now cleared!

Lip Man 1
08-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Skot:

No worries. I appreciate it!

Lip

TheOldRoman
08-14-2010, 06:40 PM
One of the threads here. I forget exactly which one. But several people said that Teahen wasn't liked in the clubhouse. I find it hard to believe myself, but you never know...

I wonder how the dude is eccentric, or if he even is, though. :PI think it was just the one poster who said that.

Yeah, I just can't imagine he'd be disliked. I don't know. He seems like a really good guy, and I've had a hard time getting down on him. I agree, but we saw the way the Sox' clubhouse didn't accept Swisher (douche), Cabrera (*******), Rios (didn't cost any veteran a minute of playing time) and Getz (had the gall to state youth helped the team). Anyone who doesn't embrace the laziness, hang your head after popups, it's okay to slump for a whole month attitude does not fit in. You don't want to get on Konerko's and formerly Dye's bad side or you are going to be sitting by yourself on a lot of plane rides.

Chez
08-14-2010, 06:49 PM

Guilty as charged! It was me who posted it and, as I said, take it for what it's worth. It's triple level hearsay (at least)! When I first heard it, I thought it was odd because Teahen won some kind of award in the off season for all the charity work he does.