PDA

View Full Version : Cubs To Take Sox Record?

g0g0
08-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Saw in the notes today that the Cubbies have lost 29 games by 1 run, including 6 of their last 11. The record is held by the '68 Sox at 44 games. They finished 36 games behind Detroit that year. Yikes!

voodoochile
08-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Assume it was just a mistake, but you posted this in the PL. It belongs in WTS so I moved it.

cleanwsox
08-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Saw in the notes today that the Cubbies have lost 29 games by 1 run or less, including 6 of their last 11. The record is held by the '68 Sox at 44 games. They finished 36 games behind Detroit that year. Yikes!

Gotta be a heart breaker to lose by less than 1 run.

Madvora
08-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Nice. I was just going to bring that up.

g0g0
08-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Assume it was just a mistake, but you posted this in the PL. It belongs in WTS so I moved it.

Thanks - wasn't sure where to put it.

I know, right? I changed it. :tongue:

voodoochile
08-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks - wasn't sure where to put it.

This forum's main purpose is for threads on the flubbies. We created it because at the time some posters were all about hating on the flubbies and we wanted to move that trash out of the legitimate baseball forums. Fortunately the hating has cooled down, but to be safe, just put any thread about them in here.

DumpJerry
08-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Saw in the notes today that the Cubbies have lost 29 games by 1 run, including 6 of their last 11. The record is held by the '68 Sox at 44 games. They finished 36 games behind Detroit that year. Yikes!
That can the most frustrating stat in baseball for a team. On the flip side, winning a ton of one run games means you fanbase does not have any fingernails and is being treated for hardened arteries.

g0g0
08-13-2010, 01:53 PM
This forum's main purpose is for threads on the flubbies. We created it because at the time some posters were all about hating on the flubbies and we wanted to move that trash out of the legitimate baseball forums. Fortunately the hating has cooled down, but to be safe, just put any thread about them in here.

Gotcha - I don't want to incite a riot! :D:

That can the most frustrating stat in baseball for a team. On the flip side, winning a ton of one run games means you fanbase does not have any fingernails and is being treated for hardened arteries.

Definitely - win 1/2 of those close ones and they are in in contention for the Central.

downstairs
08-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Wow. 44% of their losses are 1 run losses. That's pretty amazing.

WhiteSox5187
08-14-2010, 12:08 AM

You know, I think you have to be lucky to win a lot of one run games but you have to be good to be that lucky. At the end of the day good teams win one run games and bad teams lose them. Let there be no doubt as to which side of that line the Cubs fall on.