PDA

View Full Version : Hate The Twins vs Frustrated With The Sox

Madvora
08-11-2010, 08:54 PM
I like having a great rivalry with the Twins, but I don't hate their team the way I used to hate the A's and Indians. When the Sox lose to the Twins, I'm more pissed off and frustrated with Sox than anything.

october23sp
08-11-2010, 09:33 PM
As much as it's become a joke here. Text messages from numbers I don't recognize really piss me off. The jabs from friends are fine. But I hate texts from D-Bags who got my number.

GoGoCrede
08-11-2010, 09:34 PM
As much as it's become a joke here. Text messages from numbers I don't recognize really piss me off. The jabs from friends are fine. But I hate texts from D-Bags who got my number.

You probably do the exact same thing to them when we're winning, so you probably shouldn't complain?

october23sp
08-11-2010, 09:39 PM
You probably do the exact same thing to them when we're winning, so you probably shouldn't complain?

No, I can tolerate the jabs from friends. I get texts from numbers I don't know that say some pretty weird/****ed up things. I've only replied back to those once and that was after game 163.

34rancher
08-11-2010, 09:41 PM
To me the difference in the twins is I respect them, not hate them. I hate the fact that they are in our heads. I have nothing but respect for Grdenhire and how he manages.

Madvora
08-11-2010, 09:46 PM
To me the difference in the twins is I respect them, not hate them. I hate the fact that they are in our heads. I have nothing but respect for Grdenhire and how he manages.
The fact about the Twins being in our heads is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm sick of this defeatist attitude the Sox have had for so long. The same thing exists with the fear of the West coast and playing in Oakland and facing an unknown pitcher. It doesn't make sense to me that a whole new group of guys can come in and have the same fears that a previous team did. It's part of the White Sox culture and I've had enough of it already.

Rikirk
08-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Both

All i know is I hate loosing to them almost all of the time.
Ill admit...I give grudging respect to them, but they are still the enemy.

Jerko
08-11-2010, 09:49 PM
The fact about the Twins being in our heads is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm sick of this defeatist attitude the Sox have had for so long. The same thing exists with the fear of the West coast and playing in Oakland and facing an unknown pitcher. It doesn't make sense to me that a whole new group of guys can come in and have the same fears that a previous team did. It's part of the White Sox culture and I've had enough of it already.

Agreed. I don't hate the Twins, I just don't think they are that good and am sick of the fuss made over them.

GoGoCrede
08-11-2010, 09:51 PM
There's no team I hate more than the Twins. Not the Tigers, not the Cubs, not the Yankees.

Madvora
08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
There's no team I hate more than the Twins. Not the Tigers, not the Cubs, not the Yankees.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2028/bashbrothers.jpg

GoGoCrede
08-11-2010, 10:00 PM

My mother was a huge A's fan in the 1970s, so I don't hate them at all. I love Kurt Suzuki.

fram40
08-11-2010, 10:18 PM

I hate losing to the Twins, but I don't hate the Twins. In fact, I usually root for them if they make the playoffs. But then they are usually playing the Yankees and I won't root for the Yankees. Unless they are playing the Roid Sox.

So I guess the teams I hate the most are, in order - Packers, Roid Sox and Yankees

08-11-2010, 10:25 PM

I love the A's compared to the ****ing twins

AnkleSox
08-11-2010, 11:10 PM
I hate the Twins. To me they are the most annoying franchise in professional sports. Yes, some teams have more obnoxious fanbases, and we live among one of them, but the play of that team is irrelevant to the Sox.

I hate the Twins more than any other team in any sport.

WhiteSox5187
08-11-2010, 11:12 PM
I am almost always frustrated with the White Sox in one way or another but there are very few teams I hate more than the Twins.

DumpJerry
08-11-2010, 11:39 PM
So? Don't open the messages. It's not like they are coming up to in person and talking to you.

How do people get your number? What kind of "friends" do you have?

SpartanSoxFan
08-11-2010, 11:49 PM
The Twins are like that snobby rich uncle you see once every 10 years at a family reunion, usually with a different trophy wife each time and a new sleazy success story everyone has to politely digest.

I hate them.

Dub25
08-11-2010, 11:54 PM
I like having a great rivalry with the Twins, but I don't hate their team the way I used to hate the A's and Indians. When the Sox lose to the Twins, I'm more pissed off and frustrated with Sox than anything.

Agreed, cuz the Twins only seem to win the division when someone else under achieves. Cuz when they make the playoffs they seem to get sweeped out.

Dub25
08-11-2010, 11:55 PM

Again, you hit it on the head.

hi im skot
08-11-2010, 11:57 PM
**** the Twins.

ChicagoG19
08-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Words can't describe my hatred of the twins. :angry::angry::angry:

ChiSoxGirl
08-12-2010, 12:30 AM
**** the Twins.

Words can't describe my hatred of the twins. :angry::angry::angry:

Agreed!!!

Soxman219
08-12-2010, 12:41 AM
They always steal the AL Central only to choke hard in the playoffs. I hope they lose every game they play.

GoGoCrede
08-12-2010, 12:44 AM
They always steal the AL Central only to choke hard in the playoffs. I hope they lose every game they play.

On my facebook status, I mentioned the Twins' tendency to go three-and-out in the playoffs to my Twins friend. She has not yet responded. :redneck

twinsuck
08-12-2010, 12:55 AM
I just hate them sooo much.... (I think Lisa Simpson said that once :D:)

TheOldRoman
08-12-2010, 01:08 AM
On my facebook status, I mentioned the Twins' tendency to go three-and-out in the playoffs to my Twins friend. She has not yet responded. :redneckWe all know that the Twins have won 5 divisions the last decade, but Gardy has managed to win 5 less playoff games in that span than Ozzie won in 2005.

http://www.martingordon.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/the_more_you_know.jpg

Nellie_Fox
08-12-2010, 01:16 AM
No, I can tolerate the jabs from friends. I get texts from numbers I don't know that say some pretty weird/****ed up things. I've only replied back to those once and that was after game 163.Don't kid yourself. Those are your "friends." They are either using someone else's phones, or one of the online sites that let you generate anonymous texts.

And really, the fact that a Sox loss to the Twins gets you harassing texts is hardly the worst part of it for the rest of us.

october23sp
08-12-2010, 02:46 AM
So? Don't open the messages. It's not like they are coming up to in person and talking to you.

How do people get your number? What kind of "friends" do you have?
It's not that hard to get peoples numbers.

Don't kid yourself. Those are your "friends." They are either using someone else's phones, or one of the online sites that let you generate anonymous texts.

And really, the fact that a Sox loss to the Twins gets you harassing texts is hardly the worst part of it for the rest of us.

Those aren't my friends, my friends give me **** about the games via text message or in person. Seriously I get some weird text messages from the numbers I don't know, I don't even want to post the **** I get.

Madvora
08-12-2010, 08:04 AM
My mother was a huge A's fan in the 1970s, so I don't hate them at all. I love Kurt Suzuki.

I love the A's compared to the ****ing twins
Oh I'm not talking about the current A's. I'm talking about the Bash Brother A's from the early 90's when they were the Sox biggest rival. I hated that entire team.

harwar
08-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Hate is too strong of a word to be affiliated with any sports franchise for me .. anger and extreme irritation may come into play at times but i reserve hatred for things that i would be prepared to take up arms for

DumpJerry
08-12-2010, 08:53 AM
It's not that hard to get peoples numbers.
Really? Cell numbers are not listed. I never get calls from strangers on my cell.

When I was living in Minnesota back in the 80's, I was annoyed by Twins' fans because they reminded me of Cub fans. Giddy, giddy, giddy.

doublem23
08-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Really? Cell numbers are not listed. I never get calls from strangers on my cell.

Sounds like his friends are just giving his number to other Twins fans for a ribbing.... "Here, text 555-1234, he's a Sox fan! <giggle giggle giggle>."

:shrug:

Whatever. Man up. If you need to pass some eye water, I can go get some weakness tissues.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Whatever. Man up. If you need to pass some eye water, I can go get some weakness tissues.

:roflmao::rolling:

russ99
08-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Can't understand why anyone would be frustrated with the Sox, other than the performance this weekend vs. Baltimore and Freddy's meltdown on Tuesday.

This is what we want every year. A good competitive team in a pennant race with a chance to make some noise come October.

Harry Chappas
08-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Hate is too strong of a word to be affiliated with any sports franchise for me .. anger and extreme irritation may come into play at times but i reserve hatred for things that i would be prepared to take up arms for

Is it weird that I would take up arms against Nick Punto at the slightest provocation?

Seriously, I don't hate the Twins but seriously dislike them. I reserve my hatred for the Yankees, Notre Dame, and any team coached by Nick Sabin.

Madvora
08-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Can't understand why anyone would be frustrated with the Sox, other than the performance this weekend vs. Baltimore and Freddy's meltdown on Tuesday.

This is what we want every year. A good competitive team in a pennant race with a chance to make some noise come October.
My intention with the question is basically how you feel when the Sox lose to the Twins. Are you pissed off because you hate the Twins (and satisfied with how the Sox play), or don't give a crap about the Twins, but pissed off because the Sox have no excuse for playing like crap against them so much?

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-12-2010, 01:10 PM
My intention with the question is basically how you feel when the Sox lose to the Twins. Are you pissed off because you hate the Twins (and satisfied with how the Sox play), or don't give a crap about the Twins, but pissed off because the Sox have no excuse for playing like crap against them so much?

I hate the ****ing Twins. Always. Forever. Except when they're 20 games out and beating the 2nd place team allowing us to shave a game off our Magic Number.

fram40
08-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Is it weird that I would take up arms against Nick Punto at the slightest provocation?

I was thinking the exact same thing lol

Nellie_Fox
08-13-2010, 01:28 AM
Whatever. Man up. If you need to pass some eye water, I can go get some weakness tissues.This made me laugh. And reminded me of:

JhlWddAXSRA

Dan H
08-13-2010, 05:01 AM
I have no feelings about the Twins. They are just another team to me.

If I am not mistaken, the White Sox have lost 8 out of the last 10 series to Minnesota. Am I supposed to mad at the Twins for that? Why should I hate the Twins when the Sox let them come to Chicago and easily win two out of three? I thought the Sox were a good home team.

The Sox need to go to Target Field and sweep and then beat them in the series in September. Before the Sox excuse was that they didn't like playing in that dome. Now the dome is gone and the Sox stink up a home series. If they Sox want to win the division, stop choking against the Twins. I'm not going to hate the Twins because the Sox play badly against them.

SOXSINCE'70
08-13-2010, 07:42 AM
95 % - frustrated by the Sox

5 % - hate the Twinkies and their fans.:angry:

Jollyroger2
08-13-2010, 07:43 AM
I have no feelings about the Twins. They are just another team to me.

If I am not mistaken, the White Sox have lost 8 out of the last 10 series to Minnesota. Am I supposed to mad at the Twins for that? Why should I hate the Twins when the Sox let them come to Chicago and easily win two out of three? I thought the Sox were a good home team.

The Sox need to go to Target Field and sweep and then beat them in the series in September. Before the Sox excuse was that they didn't like playing in that dome. Now the dome is gone and the Sox stink up a home series. If they Sox want to win the division, stop choking against the Twins. I'm not going to hate the Twins because the Sox play badly against them.

This is my sentiment as well. Despite the constant raging and whining in places like this about the Twins, the fact is that when these two teams match up, the Twins come to play and the Sox do not. And this has been the standard for the last few years.

I am very frustrated with this team. With the pitching they have, they should be very tough to beat. But they screwed away the first two months of the season and now it seems the season might be turning south again. It's hard to tell....but they are looking more and more like a very mediocre team that is only where it is because they whipped the NL in interleague play.

My biggest fear also after the Series win was that management would become complacent and would only make the occasional big move, or signing, to keep this club competitive. It's looking more and more like that's the reality. Despite many options out there, management saw fit to do nothing at the trade deadline to improve the team's biggest weak spot, the offense. Despite 3-4 glaring holes not a thing was done.

Now again they've lost a series at home to Minnesota, again in embarrassing fashion. Yet nothing will change, nobody will get benched, nobody will be held responsible. The frustration is quickly turning to indifference for me. If the Sox players want to play stupid baseball and act like they don't care, then I won't. If management wants to sail along and be satisfied with mediocrity, then I won't lose any sleep over things.

gosox3072
08-13-2010, 09:40 PM
I think i almost hate the twins more than I hate the cubs. The theme music lawrence holmes uses for the twins is perfect