PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Fan Deck Question

Rdy2PlayBall
08-11-2010, 06:37 PM
I really enjoy sitting up there during games, especially when I can get in the seats that are dead center. My question is...
Is there any way to know before I buy the tickets if those seats are rented out or not?
I've only been to 3 games this year, and the Fan Deck was rented out every time! Is that just back luck, or has it been rented out most of the season?

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4870/58339851.jpg

I thought it was when the website says "grand slam groups", but now I'm not sure, because they are both different packages to buy.

Thanks!
Not sure if you'd rather have this in "what's the score" or what, but I just wanted to know. =P

HangWiffum
08-11-2010, 06:57 PM
i'd call a ticket rep and "inquire" about renting it out. if it's taken they'll let you know. if it's not just ask for the price and say you'll consider it and call back. :cool:

Rdy2PlayBall
08-11-2010, 07:03 PM
i'd call a ticket rep and "inquire" about renting it out. if it's taken they'll let you know. if it's not just ask for the price and say you'll consider it and call back. :cool:Haha, that's actually perfect! I'll do that if there is no place to check on the website. Thanks. :smile:

DumpJerry
08-11-2010, 10:32 PM
After the cold weather of April and May passes, it is usually rented. Grand Slam groups have nothing to do with the Fan Deck.

Calling ahead of time to see if it is rented for a specific game is useless, because the next phone call they get could be someone who wants to rent it out.

Jerko
08-12-2010, 02:21 PM
I can tell you it's rented on 8-24. One less game you have to inquire about.

Rdy2PlayBall
08-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Well it's rented out today, so it looks like we'll be hanging out in our regular seats. :(:
The calling thing does help, and I like the chances of someone not buying such a big priced event the day before a game. If that does happen, oh well, it was worth a shot.

theoakwoody
08-12-2010, 04:13 PM
I was on the fandeck for the Twins 12-6 wins on Tuesday. It was fun to sit there once but I don't know if I'd ever pay to sit up there again. You are too high up and you don't feel like you are part of the crowd. I prefer to sit in the left/center bleachers and catch home runs.

DumpJerry
08-12-2010, 04:18 PM
I was on the fandeck for the Twins 12-6 wins on Tuesday. It was fun to sit there once but I don't know if I'd ever pay to sit up there again. You are too high up and you don't feel like you are part of the crowd. I prefer to sit in the left/center bleachers and catch home runs.
For night games, sitting in the middle front row is phenomenal. You can see the break on the pitches, a view only the Pitcher, Catcher and Ump have in the whole ballpark. The reason why I said night games is because when it is dark, the ball is very bright and the background is dark. April and May are best for this since it gets dark early. I sat there for Buehrle's first no-no and I thought I was watching Lamar Hoyt-the movement was that good that night!

russ99
08-12-2010, 05:45 PM
From what I understand, last year it was rented on pretty much all weekend dates. You have a better shot on weekdays.