PDA

View Full Version : *Official* "Bad Night...Again" 8/10/10 Postgame Thread

Viva Medias B's
08-10-2010, 11:02 PM
1ytCEuuW2_A

Discuss in a civil manner, boys and girls.

october23sp
08-10-2010, 11:02 PM
ovvdev48GGY

hi im skot
08-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Lillibridge hadn't even struck out and this thread was up.

thomas35forever
08-10-2010, 11:03 PM
And the Twins fans will party long into the night in Chicago.

Rdy2PlayBall
08-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Lillibridge hadn't even struck out and this thread was up.It would have been a good souvenir if the Sox had ended up winning the game... :(:

soltrain21
Hopefully Danks goes 8 strong tomorrow.

Viva Medias B's
Lillibridge hadn't even struck out and this thread was up.

You must have been watching or listening on a slight delay.

Rdy2PlayBall
More guests than members. :o:
Should we give them a show?

WhiteSox1989
08-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Win tomorrow and Thursday. No worries.

hi im skot
BQz-gccETLE

arKnaD7
I missed all but the 9th inning of this game because I went to a minor league game where I actually saw a Twins affiliate. Kind of glad I missed it. :(:

SoxSpeed22
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3mnsmuLNc1qaz4teo1_400.jpg
"Dead puppies!"

But seriously, a bad night is a bad night. We'll have to win the next few. This picture should summarize WSI tonight.

Soxman219
Well, at least it's not the end of the world.

hi im skot
You must have been watching or listening on a slight delay.

Or you just had an itchy trigger finger.

JB98
08-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Garcia pitched bad.

On to the next game.

thomas35forever
08-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Garcia pitched bad.

On to the next game.
The Twins are not crappy. They are possibly still perpetual losers.

october23sp
-22tna7KHzI

Jurr
Hopefully that terrible series in Baltimore doesn't revert the Sox back to April.
That would really suck.

JB98
08-10-2010, 11:09 PM
The Twins are not crappy. They are possibly still perpetual losers.

Nonsense.

The Twins are still crappy. They are still perpetual losers.

thomas35forever
08-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Nonsense.

The Twins are still crappy. They are still perpetual losers.
Aren't they 15-4 in their last 19 though?

soxrme
08-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Garcia had nothing and should have been taken out! We gave away two games in Baltimore and Ozzie gave this one away. But we saved our bullpen. Hopefully Danks can get us on track. Rios running with Konerko up in the first wasn't the brightest idea either.

08-10-2010, 11:12 PM
I fully expect to curb stomp the mother****ing **** out the twins tomorrow

Also twins fans suck

hi im skot
08-10-2010, 11:12 PM

http://rlv.zcache.com/funny_buzz_kill_bee_photosculpture-p1532381121469369863s98_400.jpg

Blueprint1
08-10-2010, 11:13 PM
How about we just win the next two.

JB98
08-10-2010, 11:13 PM

Pffftttt....I don't give a damn if they win the World Series. I'll never say anything nice about that team.

Nelfox02
08-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Is there any post that can do this game justice????

I cant imagine one, but I will vent anyway

Big Game picked a bad time to be totally awful, it was clear from the opening that he was going to get hit hard......I would have been shocked if he made it out of the third, and he did it.

Scott Baker, a pitch macine, parental pitch, I dont care who is on the mound, this team is not made to win a slugfest..........it was evident early that we were going to lose this one.

what is worse? the embarrassing ass kicking the Twins handed us tonight in our own park or the excruciatingly close losses at the hands of the Orioles where we were just a key hit or two away from grabbing a W.

Season end today? no Statement made? yes. I felt going into this we would find a way to win one and only one game in this series, the beating they gave us tonight does not change my mind on that

A lot of people feel that this race will stay tight until the end, I respect your opinion on that but I simply do not agree. I do not think we are the better team in this race, I think this will be a situation where we find ourselves back 3-4 games before we know it and then coast to the end.

I will always respect this team for the run they went on, they truly played over their heads and it was a great ride. But in the end the major league season typically roots out the pretenders from the contenders, this team IMO was not built to be a contender from the start, they are not a bad team, nowhere near as bad as they started, but they are not a great team either. We certianly are not a good team now.

I hope I am wrong. But I really dont think so.

hawkjt
08-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Freddie picked the wrong nite to be high in the zone...so it goes.
Get'em tomorrow nite.

JB98
08-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Garcia had nothing and should have been taken out! We gave away two games in Baltimore and Ozzie gave this one away. But we saved our bullpen. Hopefully Danks can get us on track. Rios running with Konerko up in the first wasn't the brightest idea either.

No, Garcia lost this game. Not Ozzie.

08-10-2010, 11:17 PM

But they're 2-13 in their last 15 playoff games, have lost 8 straight playoff games, 5 straight playoff series, and they single handedly turned ARod from being a huge postseason choker into a clutch playoff performer.

Let's focus on the negatives here.

Nelfox02
08-10-2010, 11:19 PM
No, Garcia lost this game. Not Ozzie.

I was actually surprised Ozzie got Freddie as quickly as he did, typically he leaves a guy in there a little longer to get shelled....

The Quentin homer gave us a brief belief that we could keep this interesting, Ozzie managed to win this game getting Freddie when he did, I dont have a complaint about his approach tonight

SoxandtheCityTee
08-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Pffftttt....I don't give a damn if they win the World Series. I'll never say anything nice about that team.

That's the spirit, JB. Just imagine if the Sox win the division despite losing the head to head vs. the Twinkies. Their fans will whine for yet another MLB rule change: it shouldn't matter how many you win overall! :whiner:

I'll be there tomorrow night and we'll get this all straightened out.

hi im skot
08-10-2010, 11:22 PM

Only on WSI...

JB98
08-10-2010, 11:24 PM
That's the spirit, JB. Just imagine if the Sox win the division despite losing the head to head vs. the Twinkies. Their fans will whine for yet another MLB rule change: it shouldn't matter how many you win overall! :whiner:

I'll be there tomorrow night and we'll get this all straightened out.

If they had a World Series of whining, the Twins would no longer be perpetual losers. They'd be grand champions.

Alas, this is baseball, not whining.

The Yankees are cheering for the Twins to win this division, so they can give Minnesota yet another pounding in the playoffs. Hopefully, the Sox can **** on that parade in the weeks to come.

Hegewisch
08-10-2010, 11:24 PM
I turned off the radio when it became 8-3 Twins. *** ???? What a bunch of horse**** !!! Come on Sox *** is going on ???????:mad:

thomas35forever
08-10-2010, 11:26 PM
To all Twins fans here:
FxFc1RMbko4

wsgdf
08-10-2010, 11:27 PM
The Yankees are cheering for the Twins to win this division, so they can give Minnesota yet another pounding in the playoffs. Hopefully, the Sox can **** on that parade in the weeks to come.

I really want to be with you on this one... but I don't think the Yankees give two craps is it's the Twins or Sox who win the division.

I'm pretty sure they think they'll pound either one.

TJ33
08-10-2010, 11:28 PM
:troll

october23sp
08-10-2010, 11:28 PM
EILeWQEDtMw

Lip Man 1
08-10-2010, 11:29 PM
The Sox looked tired from that plane ride late back to Chicago. It showed. Minnesota was rested and ready.

We'll see what happens Wednesday, maybe with some sleep they'll respond better.

Not to say this evening wasn't disappointing though.

Lip

JB98
08-10-2010, 11:29 PM
To all Twins fans here:

They are coming here hoping to see a meltdown. Instead, we're going to taunt their lame, lifeless asses.

As 1989 indicated, the Twins are 2-13 in their last 15 playoff games, have lost 8 straight playoff games, 5 straight playoff series, and they single handedly turned ARod from being a huge postseason choker into a clutch playoff performer.

Screw you, Twinkie fans! :neener:

happydude
08-10-2010, 11:30 PM

I don't know how much earlier he could have been responsibly removed. He's had slow starts before and turned things around to give us a chance to win; it just didn't happen tonight.

Guillen couldn't afford to purge the bullpen in the first game, anyway; taking him out sooner would have been an overreaction. The fact is the bullpen didn't do much, either, except for eating innings. The pen gave up six just like Freddy, including a couple bombs. We didn't have it tonight. It seems sometimes as if every loss is directly attributable to the manager. I get the frustration; the blame is misplaced.

JB98
08-10-2010, 11:31 PM
I really want to be with you on this one... but I don't think the Yankees give two craps is it's the Twins or Sox who win the division.

I'm pretty sure they think they'll pound either one.

Who cares what the Yankees really think? The whole point of these posts is to rub **** in the faces of Twins/Cubs fans who think they are going to see a meltdown on WSI tonight.

You gotta stop arguing with me and play along.

hi im skot
08-10-2010, 11:31 PM
:troll

Yeah, that seems about right.

See ya.

SpartanSoxFan
08-10-2010, 11:32 PM
They are coming here hoping to see a meltdown. Instead, we're going to taunt their lame, lifeless asses.

As 1989 indicated, the Twins are 2-13 in their last 15 playoff games, have lost 8 straight playoff games, 5 straight playoff series, and they single handedly turned ARod from being a huge postseason choker into a clutch playoff performer.

Well-said, my friend! :smile:

TJ33
08-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Yeah, that seems about right.

See ya.

What???

I'm happy, it was a nice win for my team :bandance:

Mod Edit: Not here at the most biased Sox message board in the world you aren't. Go post that some place someone wants to read it. See Ya'!

voodoochile
08-10-2010, 11:34 PM
I thought freddy would have a rough time with the Twins. They are a patient hitting team. He didn't have his good stuff either and it clearly showed.

Need some good performances the next two nights from John and Gavin and hopefully the offense can wake up a bit. It's the wrong time to be in a slump.

Brian26
08-10-2010, 11:38 PM
I thought freddy would have a rough time with the Twins. They are a patient hitting team. He didn't have his good stuff either and it clearly showed.

If anything, tonight's start shows how important the Edwin Jackson trade was. Freddy had nothing tonight.

Let's take the next two and go into the weekend back in 1st place.

TCentral
What???

He gone...

GoGoCrede
I just got home. Haven't attended a loss since June 6th and boy, did the Sox repay me tonight.

There were some awful, awful Twins fans in my section - really loud and obnoxious. So I decided to leave early, rather than smack someone.

Now that I've calmed down on the ride home and am not the raging idiot I was before, let me just say this: we can still win 2 of 3.

SoxGirl4Life called Quentin's bomb. :)

hi im skot
08-10-2010, 11:39 PM
What???

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/sschaaf/brule.jpg?t=1281497945

GoGoCrede
08-10-2010, 11:39 PM
What???

Classy. :rolleyes:

08-10-2010, 11:40 PM

Remember when the twins got sawed down by Danks in game 163 in 2008? That was awesome

guillensdisciple
08-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Win the next two please, that is all I ask.

ChiSoxGirl
08-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Remember when the twins got sawed down by Danks in game 163 in 2008? That was awesome

Best. Game. Ever. :bandance:

GoGoCrede
08-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Best. Game. Ever. :bandance:

I was just gonna say that. Best 38 dollars I ever spent.

ChiSoxGirl
08-10-2010, 11:46 PM
I was just gonna say that. Best 38 dollars I ever spent.

Absolutely. I went to school extremely sleep-deprived the next morning, but I didn't care because I'd witnessed one of the greatest victories in White Sox history in person!

JB98
08-10-2010, 11:48 PM

Yeah, that was awesome. I think they had only three or four hits the whole game. LOL.

Remember when Joe Nathan cried and cried and cried about the injustice of that game being played in Chicago? :rolling: If I had Nathan's address, I would have sent him some Kleenex in the mail. If the crappy, perpetual losing Twins had just won another game at home against the sad-sack Kansas City Royals the weekend before, they wouldn't have had to worry about it. Instead, they choked.

Because the Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.

GoGoCrede
08-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Absolutely. I went to school extremely sleep-deprived the next morning, but I didn't care because I'd witnessed one of the greatest victories in White Sox history in person!

There were some douchebag Twins fans behind me that night, yelling and being generally obnoxious (they said a few choice things about AJ's hair).

They were gone by the 2nd out of the 9th. It was awesome.

I caught a horrible cold that night, but it was so worth it.

GoGoCrede
08-10-2010, 11:49 PM

I would like to marry this post and live happily every after.

russ99
08-10-2010, 11:53 PM
If anything, tonight's start shows how important the Edwin Jackson trade was. Freddy had nothing tonight.

Agreed, we'd be screwed if Hudson was taking the ball every 5th day.

The Sox have an off day each of the next 3 weeks. Maybe Freddy can have an extra day of rest or skip a start, since he does much better after a bad outing when the Sox can do that.

Freddy punted this one, but let's get 'em tomorrow and go for the series win on Wednesday. At least the offense was relatively encouraging tonight.

soxinem1
08-10-2010, 11:54 PM

And they haven't had Morneau....

WhiteSox5187
08-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Disappointing night. But the Sox showed some fight and kept trying to claw back. Win tomorrow.

happydude
08-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Agreed, we'd be screwed if Hudson was taking the ball every 5th day.

The Sox have an off day each of the next 3 weeks. Maybe Freddy can have an extra day of rest or skip a start, since he does much better after a bad outing when the Sox can do that.

Freddy punted this one, but let's get 'em tomorrow and go for the series win on Wednesday. At least the offense was relatively encouraging tonight.

In comparison to the Baltimore series, yes; overall, I'm not so sure. Baker came out with meatball hard stuff and rolling breaking stuff, too, but we failed to capitalize on his mistakes to the extent the Twins did on Freddy's. After that, Baker settled in just long enough for the Twins to put the game out of reach.

SoxandtheCityTee
08-11-2010, 12:03 AM

:happybday

Even if we managed to forget the Blackout game somehow -- not likely, especially if you were there -- I can assure you that the Twinks and their fans never, ever will. Tee hee!

08-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Yeah, that was awesome. I think they had only three or four hits the whole game. LOL.

Remember when Joe Nathan cried and cried and cried about the injustice of that game being played in Chicago? :rolling: If I had Nathan's address, I would have sent him some Kleenex in the mail. If the crappy, perpetual losing Twins had just won another game at home against the sad-sack Kansas City Royals the weekend before, they wouldn't have had to worry about it. Instead, they choked.

Because the Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.

That's a good one. Remember when Nathan gave up back to back homers to Beckham and Konerko and got the loss at our last game in the Metrodump? Even better

guillensdisciple
08-11-2010, 12:08 AM
By the way, while we still have a long way to end the season, I was thinking about next year and realized how disgusting this rotation is going to be with EJ coming at the 5.

Talk about building in advance.

Kenny signs some hitting to fill our trouble spots, and this team will **** on everyone.

Oh, and we're winning the World Series this year. I just wanted to make sure you guys know.

Cuck the Fubs
08-11-2010, 12:13 AM
**** the Twins........

I'm amazed at how quickly Sox fans **** down their legs so quickly.

The next 5 games with the Twins won't decide this division, the remaing 40 plus game will.

GET A GRIP PEOPLE!

SoxandtheCityTee
08-11-2010, 12:15 AM
Oh, and we're winning the World Series this year. I just wanted to make sure you guys know.

I've rarely posted multiple times in a post-game thread, but see, this is just fun. I have to go to bed now, but thanks, lurkers from the North, for dropping by and making this loss much easier to take. G'night!

GoGoCrede
08-11-2010, 12:16 AM
**** the Twins........

I'm amazed at how quickly Sox fans **** down their legs so quickly.

The next 5 games with the Twins won't decide this division, the remaing 40 plus game will.

GET A GRIP PEOPLE!

Stop making sense.

Tragg
08-11-2010, 12:19 AM
The problem is that for the last 9 games, the Sox have had a schedule advantage in each game, yet has lost 3 games in the standings.

Sure it's not over, but this is a real bad trend right now.

chisoxfanatic
08-11-2010, 12:22 AM
I think that ball hit by Thome hasn't landed yet.

Even if the Twins win the division, they'll be first-round exits like always.

Cuck the Fubs
08-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Stop making sense.

I'm sorry my bad....THIS SEASON IS OVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner:

Better? :wink:

The problem is that for the last 9 games, the Sox have had a schedule advantage in each game, yet has lost 3 games in the standings.

Sure it's not over, but this is a real bad trend right now.

162 games is a long season....streaks and slumps are part of the game. The Sox could lose all 6 games and win the division by 3 games.

RELAX!

twinsuck
08-11-2010, 12:24 AM
well, I'm glad I had to work tonight so I didn't have to watch this slaughter. It was a good run in first place. I predict the Twins sweep our asses and we fall from there. It's over... NO IT'S NOT **** THE TWINS AND THEIR ****ING FANS.....WE'LL COME BACK.

guillensdisciple
08-11-2010, 12:27 AM
well, I'm glad I had to work tonight so I didn't have to watch this slaughter. It was a good run in first place. I predict the Twins sweep our asses and we fall from there. It's over... NO IT'S NOT **** THE TWINS AND THEIR ****ING FANS.....WE'LL COME BACK.

I will be asking for your and October23's cell phone number so I could send you a picture of me at the playoff games.

The White Sox are better than the Twins.

They won't score more than 2 runs the rest of the series.

GoGoCrede
08-11-2010, 12:27 AM
I will be asking for your and October23's cell phone number so I could send you a picture of me at the playoff games.

The White Sox are better than the Twins.

They won't score more than 2 runs the rest of the series.

I am pretty sure teal was implied in her post.

Cuck the Fubs
08-11-2010, 12:31 AM
If only Brian Anderson had pitched tonight.

LoveYourSuit
Who cares what the Yankees really think? The whole point of these posts is to rub **** in the faces of Twins/Cubs fans who think they are going to see a meltdown on WSI tonight.

You gotta stop arguing with me and play along.

JB, for a long time poster here and I guess a member of the writing staff, I thought you would be a bit better than this.

Sox fans need to worry more about the White Sox and a lot less about the Twins and Cubs.

guillensdisciple

Woops, I am an idiot, sorry:redface:

twinsuck
08-11-2010, 12:32 AM
It sure was. haha. I can't believe he didn't read the stuff I but it white....

GoGoCrede
08-11-2010, 12:32 AM
If only Brian Anderson had pitched tonight.

Now you've done it....

LoveYourSuit
08-11-2010, 12:34 AM
And they haven't had Morneau....

I think that's the reality here.

For as good as our pitching staff is over theirs, I think their offense is extremely loaded and so far much better than ours.

I think that team is "Yankee good" when it comes to hitting.

soxlady8
08-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Bad Bad Bad game.
It stinks so horribly to give the Twinks back first place.

I just got back and I found the energy at the Cell to be weak compared to the other games that I have attended in the last two weeks. It just felt flat , lethargic , not very upbeat.
I thought the many Twins fans were louder than Sox fans. It almost felt like Target Field Southeast !!

Freddy looked terrible at the start. The defense was pretty good.
The offense did show some fight. Gavin and my boy Danks better be on their A games for the next two.

To quote Southwest Airlines -- It's ON !!

Cuck the Fubs
08-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Now you've done it....

He would have pitched a perfect game with 27 Ks.

LoveYourSuit
08-11-2010, 12:38 AM

That's what I was sitting there thinking tonight while sitting out at the park and seeing our brains beat in.

Had Kenny not pulled the trigger for Jackson, we would be siitting here with an exposed Freddy at #4 and Hudson at #5. Not good.

DumpJerry
08-11-2010, 12:43 AM
If you took the Twins hitters and the Sox pitching staff and put them on a team together, that team would win 130+ games.

However, since pitching beats hitting most of the time, the current advantage is White Sox.

WhiteSox5187
08-11-2010, 12:45 AM
I think that's the reality here.

For as good as our pitching staff is over theirs, I think their offense is extremely loaded and so far much better than ours.

I think that team is "Yankee good" when it comes to hitting.

They've had a nice run of late but they played the Orioles for four (before Showalter got there, they have been a different team since he showed up), KC for three, Seattle for three, Tampa for four (where they lucked into a split) and then Cleveland for three. That's not exactly a tough schedule right there.

I will say this though, they beat the teams they are supposed to beat which is something we certainly struggle to do.

fram40
08-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Freddy looked terrible at the start. The defense was pretty good.

I'm not sure how you can say the defense was pretty good. Nobody covered second base which gave Thome a double, Lillibridge stumbled and missed a grounder into right field, and Lillibridge threw to the wrong base allowing Cuddyer to safely make third.

Looked to me like Lillibridge is playing himself back to Charlotte when Teahen is activated.

Oh - and Juan got picked off after the dreaded leadoff walk. If I wanted to see that kind of **** on the basepaths I'd bring Pods back.

No pitching, bad defense on a few plays, and one bad out on the base paths. Typical Sox game versus the twins.

A very disappointing night at the park. damn

WhiteSox5187
08-11-2010, 12:49 AM
I'm not sure how you can say the defense was pretty good. Nobody covered second base which gave Thome a double, Lillibridge stumbled and missed a grounder into right field, and Lillibridge threw to the wrong base allowing Cuddyer to safely make third.

Looked to me like Lillibridge is playing himself back to Charlotte when Teahen is activated.

Oh - and Juan got picked off after the dreaded leadoff walk. If I wanted to see that kind of **** on the basepaths I'd bring Pods back.

No pitching, bad defense on a few plays, and one bad out on the base paths. Typical Sox game versus the twins.

A very disappointing night at the park. damn

That was a huge play that changed the whole complexion of that inning and possibly the game.

LoveYourSuit
08-11-2010, 12:50 AM
They've had a nice run of late but they played the Orioles for four (before Showalter got there, they have been a different team since he showed up), KC for three, Seattle for three, Tampa for four (where they lucked into a split) and then Cleveland for three. That's not exactly a tough schedule right there.

I will say this though, they beat the teams they are supposed to beat which is something we certainly struggle to do.

Our schedule during our hot stretch was highly loaded with cup cakes on there also.

The Twins offense has been solid all year. Everyone and their mother here was saying how their offense was going to suck by going outdoors. They are actually better now.

Woofer
08-11-2010, 12:51 AM
I was at the game tonight, and here are a few random thoughts:

There were way too many Twins fans there tonight. White Sox fans, get off your computers and get out to the park. There had to be 5 thousand Twins fans at our park tonight. Half price tickets are available. Get to the park. I'm serious.

The pitching was bad, the offense battled back some early, and then the pitching couldn't keep the Twins down.

My churros were either stale or overcooked. Hard as a rock. My Tex-Mex nachos were great however. For $8, they are the best deal in the park.

Like somebody else said, hopefully the Sox get rested tonight, and kick some Twinkie butt tomorrow.

fram40
08-11-2010, 12:54 AM
That was a huge play that changed the whole complexion of that inning and possibly the game.

that's what I thought. Just a boneheaded play.

WhiteSox5187
08-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Our schedule during our hot stretch was highly loaded with cup cakes on there also.

The Twins offense has been solid all year. Everyone and their mother here was saying how their offense was going to suck by going outdoors. They are actually better now.

Fine but people were quick to point out "Oh well the Sox are hot now but look who they are playing." The Twins aren't going to keep playing .790 baseball the rest of the way.

fram40
08-11-2010, 12:57 AM
One more thought - it is time for Johnny and Gavin to step up. Now or never.

Those two start start 4 of the next five games versus the twins. Buehrle starts the fifth.

Can we win 4 of the five games? I can't take losing to this team any more.

WhiteSox5187
08-11-2010, 12:58 AM

I'm not sure what happened but Pierre doesn't get picked off often, I figured he was going to be running there and kind of wondered if Baker might have balked.

fram40
08-11-2010, 01:01 AM
I'm not sure what happened but Pierre doesn't get picked off often, I figured he was going to be running there and kind of wondered if Baker might have balked.

they were done 3 runs at the time. It was the bottom of the third.

Should he be running there? Especially after Rios had already been thrown out. The stolen base attempt has not been kind to the Sox recently. Seems like they are getting thrown out a lot

kittle42
08-11-2010, 01:02 AM
The crowd was so pro-Twins that it reminded me of when the Indians came to town in their 90's heyday.

30,900 is a **** crowd for a game against the team you are tied for first place with on a non-rain night in August.

Kids in school again?

WhiteSox5187
08-11-2010, 01:03 AM
One more thought - it is time for Johnny and Gavin to step up. Now or never.

Those two start start 4 of the next five games versus the twins. Buehrle starts the fifth.

Can we win 4 of the five games? I can't take losing to this team any more.

Gavin's got like a 1 something ERA since June, I think he has stepped up plenty of late. Danks has scuffled a little bit in the second half, but he had a sub three ERA in July with a sub 1 WHIP.

LoveYourSuit
08-11-2010, 01:03 AM
I was at the game tonight, and here are a few random thoughts:

There were way too many Twins fans there tonight. White Sox fans, get off your computers and get out to the park. There had to be 5 thousand Twins fans at our park tonight. Half price tickets are available. Get to the park. I'm serious.

The pitching was bad, the offense battled back some early, and then the pitching couldn't keep the Twins down.

My churros were either stale or overcooked. Hard as a rock. My Tex-Mex nachos were great however. For $8, they are the best deal in the park.

Like somebody else said, hopefully the Sox get rested tonight, and kick some Twinkie butt tomorrow.

A good amount of Twin fans and a good amount empty seats.

Very dissapointing for a first place showdown.

Started to remind of the mid late 90s when the Indian fans migrated to our park.

kittle42
08-11-2010, 01:04 AM
Should he be running there? Especially after Rios had already been thrown out. The stolen base attempt has not been kind to the Sox recently. Seems like they are getting thrown out a lot

It prevents baseclogging, which we know prevents runs from being scored.

happydude
08-11-2010, 01:06 AM

Particularly given the fact that it was early in the game, there were no outs, and we were down by 3. Him getting to second base on his own wasn't that important and with Omar up a double play wasn't likely.

WhiteSox5187
08-11-2010, 01:06 AM
they were done 3 runs at the time. It was the bottom of the third.

As far as I'm concerned Pierre can run almost anytime he wants. I don't know if it was going to be a straight steal or a hit and run, but at that point Baker had thrown six straight fastballs and it was a 1-1 count so I was thinking he was likely to throw something off speed, not a bad time to try and run especially when you are only down three early in the game. This team is going to have to run and manufacture a lot of runs (especially with a lineup that featured Lillibridge, Castro, Kotsay and a struggling Quentin).

I also think the game is radically different if we had a healthy Beckham. I hope he gets back soon.

LoveYourSuit
08-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Kids in school again?

I might have been too windy tonight.

Woofer
08-11-2010, 01:10 AM

Started to remind of the mid late 90s when the Indian fans migrated to our park.

Actually, Target Field has been pretty much sold out this year. Just like when the Indians were selling out every game. So it is easier for them to get here to see their team.

WhiteSox5187
08-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Particularly given the fact that it was early in the game, there were no outs, and we were down by 3. Him getting to second base on his own wasn't that important and with Omar up a double play wasn't likely.

Down by three early in the game isn't insurmountable especially as the game looked like it would be dominated by offense. Look, if this team is going to score runs it's going to have to run and to manufacture some runs, we're going to have a hard time outslugging guys. But you steal some bases (I thought that the play in question was going to be a hit and run rather than just a straight steal) and all of a sudden singles are bringing guys in in rather than moving them to third (or in the case of Paulie, Kotsay, and Quentin, second), you're also eliminating the odds of a double play which are very likely to happen with guys like Paulie, Kotsay, AJ, and Quentin up.

Nellie_Fox
08-11-2010, 01:12 AM
And they haven't had Morneau....Morneau has lost significant time to injury the last two years. And both years, the Twins played MUCH better without him. It makes no sense, but it's a fact.

happydude
08-11-2010, 01:13 AM
As far as I'm concerned Pierre can run almost anytime he wants. I don't know if it was going to be a straight steal or a hit and run, but at that point Baker had thrown six straight fastballs and it was a 1-1 count so I was thinking he was likely to throw something off speed, not a bad time to try and run especially when you are only down three early in the game. This team is going to have to run and manufacture a lot of runs (especially with a lineup that featured Lillibridge, Castro, Kotsay and a struggling Quentin).

I also think the game is radically different if we had a healthy Beckham. I hope he gets back soon.

More than likely you're correct in the main but this particular game was shaping up as a slugfest. Instead of trying to run on Mauer, who had just thrown out Rios, why not just wait for Alex or Paul to drive one in the gap or over the wall? The way our pitching was going it was obvious we were going to need plenty of runs; not just the tack on or chip away variety generated by steals.

WhiteSox5187
08-11-2010, 01:24 AM
More than likely you're correct in the main but this particular game was shaping up as a slugfest. Instead of trying to run on Mauer, who had just thrown out Rios, why not just wait for Alex or Paul to drive one in the gap or over the wall? The way our pitching was going it was obvious we were going to need plenty of runs; not just the tack on or chip away variety generated by steals.

Obviously it's all a moot as we failed to hold them, but at the time I was thinking "Ok, chip away here and hold them and we're ok." I suspected it was going to be a hit and run rather than a straight steal but I can tell you my own thinking (which means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things) was this:

Pierre has fantastic speed and can steal against almost anyone. Baker had just thrown six straight fastballs (four that were out of the zone to Pierre, one that was a ball to Omar and the last one was a called strike), I figured that Baker was unlikely to throw a seventh as presumably Omar was going to be looking for it and Baker needed to demonstrate not just to Omar but to the White Sox as a whole he could get an off speed pitch over so they didn't just sit back and wait on the fastball. On top of this, Mauer has been recieving cortisone shots in his right shoulder and while he was able to throw out Rios it was a close play (or at least looked close from my seats in section 540) and Rios had a bad jump. Also if the pitch is an off speed pitch and with Pierre moving and the hole that they already had on the left side of the infield (Hudson was giving Omar a LOT of room on the left side) and with Kubel in RF if the ball is placed in the right spot it increases the liklihood of Pierre scoring on a single. If Omar hits it, the line is moving, the crowd is into it and Baker is now rattled with at worst runners on the corners and possibly a run in and a runner on first maybe even second with a hot Paul Konerko at bat and nobody out.

That was my thinking, but, it didn't happen and even worse the Sox pitching just couldn't hold Minnesota.

Nellie_Fox
08-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Instead of trying to run on Mauer, who had just thrown out Rios, why not just wait for Alex or Paul to drive one in the gap or over the wall? Because Mauer is just back to catching after shoulder problems that required a cortisone shot? I thought they should run some more, test that shoulder. One good throw doesn't mean he's set for the night.

SoxSpeed22
08-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Morneau has lost significant time to injury the last two years. And both years, the Twins played MUCH better without him. It makes no sense, but it's a fact.http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1193711

WhiteSox5187
08-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Because Mauer is just back to catching after shoulder problems that required a cortisone shot? I thought they should run some more, test that shoulder. One good throw doesn't mean he's set for the night.

Agreed, I'd like to see them run tomorrow too. Plus on that caught stealing with Rios, Rios got a bad jump.

happydude
08-11-2010, 02:00 AM
Because Mauer is just back to catching after shoulder problems that required a cortisone shot? I thought they should run some more, test that shoulder. One good throw doesn't mean he's set for the night.

Agreed, I'd like to see them run tomorrow too. Plus on that caught stealing with Rios, Rios got a bad jump.

Normally I'd agree with both of you; your reasoning is sound and I like aggressiveness, also. However, in this game we were still trying to fight our way out of the hole Freddy had put us in and could ill afford to have guys erased on the basepaths when it appeared Baker was in a precarious position against our own hitters. This was the time for the old 3 run homer Sox offense to manifest if we were going to prevail. Obviously, its all speculation at this point.

DumpJerry
08-11-2010, 02:07 AM
How embarrassing was this game? In the third inning, I went to the concession stand behind 110 and they had the Mets' game on the television!

kufram
08-11-2010, 03:53 AM

I assumed it would be a sell-out. That might tell you how much I know about our home field. I've only seen 5 major league baseball games live. A twilight double-header (remember them?) in the 60's (Sox lost both, one after Mike Hershberger threw a bullet from the RF wall to nail the go-ahead run at home but the ump missed the call!) and the other Game 2 of the '06 season (yes, I have a replica ring). I traveled a very long way and spent over $100 each for 3 tickets.... money and time well worth it. I did notice that a lot of the crowd weren't really into the game at any point. I wonder if that is unusual or are mlb parks like that live?

I don't mean to be critical. Please don't take it that way. I just wonder why a game for 1st place against the Twins in August isn't a sure sellout?

In my teens a friend's dad took us to Wrigley for a Dbl header and I saw Ferguson Jenkins debut, which he won in impressing style, but I really wasn't interested because it wasn't the White Sox.

Dan H
08-11-2010, 05:15 AM
How embarrassing was this game? In the third inning, I went to the concession stand behind 110 and they had the Mets' game on the television!

What is truly embarrassing is losing to the Twins - again. The simple fact is the only way to the Central Division title is through Minnesota. In '03, the Sox lost five straight to the Twins in September and the race was over. If the Sox don't get their act together in this series and next week in Minnesota, winning the division will be extremely difficult if not unlikely. Which is the real White Sox team? The won that played so badly for the first 50+ games? Or the one that went 25-5 before the All-Star break? It has to be somewhere in between but if the Sox keep losing these head-to-head games, they don't deserve to win the division. And that would be too bad because I think the Sox are better than the Twins.

BadBobbyJenks
08-11-2010, 05:49 AM
I'd like to thank Freddy Garcia for introducing m to the bullpen bar. I went in tonight for the first time around the 3rd inning. Good times.

I die a little inside when I see Mark Kotsay come up in the 5th spot.

roylestillman
08-11-2010, 07:41 AM
I know we don't play for the attendance trophy, but we deserve all the ridicule in the world for 9,000 empty seats last night. The front office had predicted mid 30's in Ed Sherman's Crain's blog yesterday and we got 30,900. If people don't go out there for a series this important, don't complain when they start cutting payroll. For a guy who was around during the time when the 1976 schedule was prepared with the Sox being in Seattle, this was really disappointing.

That rant over, what an awful game. The Thome HR was an absolute punch to the gut. The 5,000 Twin fans in attendance seemed to enjoy it, though.

Quentin08
08-11-2010, 08:21 AM
I know we don't play for the attendance trophy, but we deserve all the ridicule in the world for 9,000 empty seats last night. The front office had predicted mid 30's in Ed Sherman's Crain's blog yesterday and we got 30,900. If people don't go out there for a series this important, don't complain when they start cutting payroll. For a guy who was around during the time when the 1976 schedule was prepared with the Sox being in Seattle, this was really disappointing.

That rant over, what an awful game. The Thome HR was an absolute punch to the gut. The 5,000 Twin fans in attendance seemed to enjoy it, though.

I agree with you. I was at the game last night, and I highly doubt there was 30,900 in attendance. I'm sure they added a couple thousand to the official number to make it seem less embarrassing. I was at a game earlier this year with 27,000, and last night had many more empty seats.. mostly in the upper deck. It looked like 26K or 27K last night. I wonder if it was demoralizing for the team.

Chez
08-11-2010, 08:44 AM
The Twins are a nightmare match-up for Freddy. I am [surprisingly] confident that with Danks and Floyd on the mound the next two, the Sox will be back in first place come Friday morning.

BringHomeDaBacon
08-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Baker didn't have **** last night. We let him off the hook by getting caught on the bases twice. We did the same thing in Minnesota in the game that Jenks eventually blew - Rios was caught stealing in front of Quentin and Vizquel was caught trying to advance to second on a fly out to center. Stupid baseball.

LITTLE NELL
08-11-2010, 08:57 AM
I assumed it would be a sell-out. That might tell you how much I know about our home field. I've only seen 5 major league baseball games live. A twilight double-header (remember them?) in the 60's (Sox lost both, one after Mike Hershberger threw a bullet from the RF wall to nail the go-ahead run at home but the ump missed the call!) and the other Game 2 of the '06 season (yes, I have a replica ring). I traveled a very long way and spent over $100 each for 3 tickets.... money and time well worth it. I did notice that a lot of the crowd weren't really into the game at any point. I wonder if that is unusual or are mlb parks like that live?

I don't mean to be critical. Please don't take it that way. I just wonder why a game for 1st place against the Twins in August isn't a sure sellout?

In my teens a friend's dad took us to Wrigley for a Dbl header and I saw Ferguson Jenkins debut, which he won in impressing style, but I really wasn't interested because it wasn't the White Sox.

As a Sox fan since the early 50s is doesn't look like Chicago will ever be a Sox town again, at least in my lifetime. Too many things have gone on down through the years to make it a Cub town. We all know what they are but I am amazed that we did not sell out last night.

doublem23
08-11-2010, 09:06 AM

You wanna have us bring back the old ban on attendance talk again? Look at the Roll Call thread, plenty of our posters from this board go to games.

Get off your high horse. I'm serious.

Lip Man 1
08-11-2010, 09:20 AM
I've been wondering about something that hasn't been brought up perhaps someone knows the answer to this.

Was Garcia with the Sox in Baltimore Monday night or did they send him back to Chicago early to try to get a normal amount of rest?

Lip

LITTLE NELL
08-11-2010, 09:23 AM
I've been wondering about something that hasn't been brought up perhaps someone knows the answer to this.

Was Garcia with the Sox in Baltimore Monday night or did they send him back to Chicago early to try to get a normal amount of rest?

Lip

I was thinking the same thing. If they did fly him back to Chicago early, it sure didn't help.

sox1970
08-11-2010, 09:25 AM

Lip

I wondered the same thing. It's an excuse, but it sucked the Twins were in Chicago since about 6pm on Sunday, while the Sox had to stick around Baltimore and not get back until 1am or whatever Monday night. Hopefully they're all rested for tonight. If Perkins beats Danks at the Cell, there's something seriously wrong.

Lip Man 1
08-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Sox:

The flight from Baltimore was over two hours so I'd bet they got home much later than 1AM.

Lip

DumpJerry
08-11-2010, 09:39 AM
There were plenty of Sox fans there. With the exception of Kansas City, AL Central teams usually show up with a nice-sized contingent of their fans. Some of them actually live in Chicago.

happydude
08-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Baker didn't have **** last night. We let him off the hook by getting caught on the bases twice. We did the same thing in Minnesota in the game that Jenks eventually blew - Rios was caught stealing in front of Quentin and Vizquel was caught trying to advance to second on a fly out to center. Stupid baseball.

I'm definitely inclined to agree. I like aggressiveness but it seemed misplaced in a game that had all the earmarks of a high scoring slugfest. Baker looked prepared to be bombarded just like Freddy until the Pierre pickoff. After that, he settled in for a couple innings and that was just long enough for them to put the game out of reach.

delben91
08-11-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm not reading through this whole thread, I'll just say this...

- I don't think Danks or Floyd will get knocked out in the 3rd inning.

- Normally scoring 6 runs and 10 hits is something I'd take in a heartbeat from the offense.

Pretty confident about the next two games. Maybe it's just me though.

Marqhead
08-11-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm not reading through this whole thread, I'll just say this...

- I don't think Danks or Floyd will get knocked out in the 3rd inning.

- Normally scoring 6 runs and 10 hits is something I'd take in a heartbeat from the offense.

Pretty confident about the next two games. Maybe it's just me though.

I was there last night and it was a disaster, but I feel a lot better about this series knowing we've got our two stoppers on the mound the next two games. The good parts of our bullpen are rested, the offense showed up somewhat last night, I'm still confident we take 2 of 3.

Danks and Floyd have to show up though, we can't have short outings from them.

delben91
08-11-2010, 11:02 AM
I was there last night and it was a disaster, but I feel a lot better about this series knowing we've got our two stoppers on the mound the next two games. The good parts of our bullpen are rested, the offense showed up somewhat last night, I'm still confident we take 2 of 3.

Danks and Floyd have to show up though, we can't have short outings from them.

Yeah, despite being so surprising this season, in the back of my head I know this isn't the Freddy of 2005, or even close to that Freddy. So him having a big night hung on him by the Twins didn't shock me. I wasn't happy about it, but it would be a lot more surprising if the Twins took it to Johnny and Gavin like that.

We'll see. I'm usually an optimist, but feeling pretty good about tonight and tomorrow.

doublem23
08-11-2010, 11:08 AM
We'll see. I'm usually an optimist, but feeling pretty good about tonight and tomorrow.

Me, too. The Twins did what they had to do, beat out ****tiest pitcher. Now they have to go through our #1 and #2 guys.

There's no need to make sweepign conclusions until the final out is recorded on Thursday. And even then, we have 3 more games with Minny next week. Getting blown out sucked, but it's just 1 game.

harwar
08-11-2010, 11:16 AM
the guys looked kind of tired i thought .. i think a night game get-away day, and then a flight from baltimore to minneapolis,takes a toll .. ball players like their routines .. also, the 3,4,5,&6 hitters all had a couple hits a piece but Juan & Omar didn't get on for them .. i think we'll see different guys tonight .. Danks and Floyd should both put on a show ..

doublem23
08-11-2010, 11:20 AM
the guys looked kind of tired i thought .. i think a night game get-away day, and then a flight from baltimore to minneapolis,takes a toll .. ball players like their routines .. also, the 3,4,5,&6 hitters all had a couple hits a piece but Juan & Omar didn't get on for them .. i think we'll see different guys tonight .. Danks and Floyd should both put on a show ..

This series is in Chicago.

harwar
08-11-2010, 11:30 AM
oh yea .. oops :redface: .. that's what i get for drinking last night lol

guillensdisciple
08-11-2010, 11:34 AM

Offense definitely not the problem last night man.

Pitching pitching and pitching.

bunty_doghunter
08-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Me, too. The Twins did what they had to do, beat out ****tiest pitcher. Now they have to go through our #1 and #2 guys.
I'll show this to our two highest-paid pitchers, maybe they will be shamed into taking cuts in pay to help us out, now that they are #3 and 4!

bunty_doghunter
08-11-2010, 11:56 AM
There were way too many Twins fans there tonight.
And many of them were ashamed and afraid to wear Twinkie gear, and were disguised as empty seats instead.

Also, the grounds crew helped them out by turning on the fans when the Twinks were batting.

Oh wait...

guillensdisciple
08-11-2010, 12:16 PM
By the way, I hope everyone recognizes how important Beckham is to this offense.

Especially with his resurgence.

I would also like to see Teahen brought up into the DH role. His OBP is always really good, and he could fill the shoes of the third base need we have been looking for. I am a huge Viciedo fan, but he needs seasoning in the minors (I hope the White Sox target him for training during the off season). Anyway, the fact that Teahen gets on base so much is worth having him by itself.

It's at least worth a shot.

LoveYourSuit
08-11-2010, 12:22 PM
By the way, I hope everyone recognizes how important Beckham is to this offense.

Especially with his resurgence.

I would also like to see Teahen brought up into the DH role. His OBP is always really good, and he could fill the shoes of the third base need we have been looking for. I am a huge Viciedo fan, but he needs seasoning in the minors (I hope the White Sox target him for training during the off season). Anyway, the fact that Teahen gets on base so much is worth having him by itself.

It's at least worth a shot.

He's hitting ninth.

We have bigger issues in the middle of the order.

guillensdisciple
08-11-2010, 12:37 PM
He's hitting ninth.

We have bigger issues in the middle of the order.

Truth, perhaps a move up is due?

JB98
08-11-2010, 12:42 PM
JB, for a long time poster here and I guess a member of the writing staff, I thought you would be a bit better than this.

Sox fans need to worry more about the White Sox and a lot less about the Twins and Cubs.

Lighten up, Francis.

We were having some fun after a bad loss last night. For your own sake, I hope you will one day find some perspective.

fram40
08-11-2010, 01:36 PM
I'll show this to our two highest-paid pitchers, maybe they will be shamed into taking cuts in pay to help us out, now that they are #3 and 4!

Regardless what the paychecks may say, I certainly look upon Danks/Floyd as our #1 and #1A. I doubt the Sox can win the divison if they fail to pitch like aces.

I stated earlier - clumsily - that Danks and Floyd need to step up. What I should have said was Danks/Floyd need to continue to step up.

These two guys start four of the five games against Minnesota. I like our chances

Nelfox02
08-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Regardless what the paychecks may say, I certainly look upon Danks/Floyd as our #1 and #1A. I doubt the Sox can win the divison if they fail to pitch like aces.

I stated earlier - clumsily - that Danks and Floyd need to step up. What I should have said was Danks/Floyd need to continue to step up.

These two guys start four of the five games against Minnesota. I like our chances

Can the offense step up to support them? If Danks gives us a strong start tonight and we cant get some runs off Perkins.....then I really dont know what to say

SoxGirl4Life
08-11-2010, 01:53 PM
I was there. It was ugly and frustrating and I wanted to knock out a few "Circle me Bert", jerks.

I thought when Q hit that home run we had a chance. Then the 3rd inning happened and it actually seemed as if the Twins were hitting Freddy better than they were hitting batting practice-which I was there to see as well.

GoGoCrede stuck it out longer than I did.

fram40
08-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Can the offense step up to support them? If Danks gives us a strong start tonight and we cant get some runs off Perkins.....then I really dont know what to say

I believe our offense is good enough when our pitchers pitch to their capabilities. Sure - there will still be the occassional tough loss.

I remain convinced this offense is good enough - PK, Rios, Q, Beckham, TCM, Pierre. Definitely good enough despite the other three spots lacking.

October26
08-11-2010, 02:07 PM
I was there. It was ugly and frustrating and I wanted to knock out a few "Circle me Bert", jerks.

I thought when Q hit that home run we had a chance. Then the 3rd inning happened and it actually seemed as if the Twins were hitting Freddy better than they were hitting batting practice-which I was there to see as well.

GoGoCrede stuck it out longer than I did.

Hey SG4L, it WAS ugly and frustrating watching on TV as well. Of course, I had the option to turn off the TV, but I kept on watching. Call me a masochist. I kept thinking to myself, how can the Twins be beating our brains in again ?!? I also had hope after Q's homer but quickly lost it in the 3rd inning when I saw the Twins pounding Freddy. I hate the Minnesota Twins like I hate no other team in baseball. UGH.

Here's hoping that Danks brings it tonight and our offense pounds Perkins. Go Sox!

Dick Allen
08-11-2010, 02:31 PM
As far as the attendance issue is concerned - I have been unemployed for a year and a half. I would love to be going to these games, but simply cannot afford it. This economy is rotten, and while it may not be the biggest reason, is certainly having an effect on the attendance.

kittle42
08-11-2010, 02:44 PM
As far as the attendance issue is concerned - I have been unemployed for a year and a half. I would love to be going to these games, but simply cannot afford it. This economy is rotten, and while it may not be the biggest reason, is certainly having an effect on the attendance.

Agree that this has had an obvious effect on attendance and the ticket resale market on both sides of town this season. You can even get bleacher tix for the beloved Cubbies at half price these days.

Disagree that it should have that much effect on what is to now the biggest series of the season. Sellout? Maybe not, but I'd expect at least 35k.

LoveYourSuit
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Agree that this has had an obvious effect on attendance and the ticket resale market on both sides of town this season. You can even get bleacher tix for the beloved Cubbies at half price these days.

Disagree that it should have that much effect on what is to now the biggest series of the season. Sellout? Maybe not, but I'd expect at least 35k.

All the excuses we can come up with, there is still not a single reason to not put 38K into that park for each of these 3 games.

They sell out the place for less important dates such as Saturday firework nights and Elvis nights. This series is so much bigger and $30K is bad.

Or could it be that maybe perhaps the "casual" fan is who fills up the stadium to capacity? Maybe we need to focus on more of this crowd.

eriqjaffe
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
GoGoCrede stuck it out longer than I did.I stuck it out the entire game, mostly because I wanted to see 6'11" Jon Rauch pitch to 5'11" Brent Lillibridge.

There was a tool in the first row of my section (520...well, he might've been in section 522) who kept turning around and giving long-distance high-fives to people every time the Twins would do something. Somebody (I forget who) hit a foul ball right to him, which he muffed. To his credit, he took the razzing well, turned around and gave some more long-distance high-fives

Lip Man 1
08-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Love:

I'm sure what happened over the weekend hurt the "walk up" sales for this series.

There are probably some fans who felt this team was something of a fluke to begin with after their horrid start and simply doesn't believe in them.

Just a guess.

Lip

PaleHoser
08-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Five HR's, including three in one inning. I didn't see every pitch last night, but did a Twins hitter get dusted?

"As old Double-D used to say, show me someone who's afraid to pitch inside and I'll show you a loser." - Hawk.

TomBradley72
08-11-2010, 05:30 PM
All the excuses we can come up with, there is still not a single reason to not put 38K into that park for each of these 3 games.

They sell out the place for less important dates such as Saturday firework nights and Elvis nights. This series is so much bigger and $30K is bad.

Or could it be that maybe perhaps the "casual" fan is who fills up the stadium to capacity? Maybe we need to focus on more of this crowd.

The economy still sucks, jobs are not coming back, I'm not blaming ANYONE for not dropping $150-200 for two tickets, parking and food/drinks. There's a new "reality"..and my guess it's hitting the White Sox fan base pretty hard.

The new environment has been obvious all year...I picked up 2 club level tickets for tonight's game a week ago through ticketmaster...Stubhub prices have been at/around face value most of the season.

eriqjaffe
08-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Five HR's, including three in one inning. I didn't see every pitch last night, but did a Twins hitter get dusted?Never even close.

GoGoCrede
08-11-2010, 05:42 PM
I stuck it out the entire game, mostly because I wanted to see 6'11" Jon Rauch pitch to 5'11" Brent Lillibridge.

There was a tool in the first row of my section (520...well, he might've been in section 522) who kept turning around and giving long-distance high-fives to people every time the Twins would do something. Somebody (I forget who) hit a foul ball right to him, which he muffed. To his credit, he took the razzing well, turned around and gave some more long-distance high-fives

I intended to stay for the whole thing, but as soon as it hit 12-5 I bailed. I also had a huge tool in my section (531) who was even more annoying than the guy you described (razzing our guys, cheering his guys extra loudly, etc). It's part of the reason I bailed early.

Woofer
08-11-2010, 07:40 PM
I was in section 533, and part of the reason for my frustrated posts from last night was because of the obnoxious Twins fans all around me. Some were fine, like the family that was right next to us. I was sitting next to the father, and we talked alot about our teams. He asked why Pierzynski wasn't playing, I explained that Castro always catches when Freddie pitches.

At one point, Ron Kittle was standing in the aisle next to us, and I asked him if he remembered him. He did, and we talked some about the old days. I recommended that they take a walk to the Fundamentals area, that his kids would like it.

But two rows in front of me were a group of about 8 Twins fans. They were scattered through two rows, and the big goon who seemed to be their ringleader, kept standing up. He had to stand up to get his wallet out, he stood up to pass beers to his friends, stood up just to stand up and look stupid, stood up to admire Twins home runs. He annoyed the crap out of me, and the Twins fan next to me, who said, "Of course he has to be a Twins fan." So at about the 5th inning we took a walk to the Fundamentals area. This was one of the first games ever in my life that I wanted to leave early.

I am really hoping to see the June-August Sox show up tonight, not the April-June team.