08-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Disgusting

samurai_sox
08-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Umm, a link would be nice you know.

doublem23
08-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Umm, a link would be nice you know.

Game is going on right now, you can't watch it without an MLB.tv subscription. I'm sure there will be some video up later tonight.

Viva Medias B's
08-10-2010, 06:58 PM
CSN just showed it. It looked like a nasty donnybrook taking place by the backstop. With Dusty vs. TLR, you just know things would get nasty.

Taliesinrk
08-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Would we really use the word "brawl" to describe what happened? I didn't see it, but there weren't even any ejections.

Viva Medias B's
08-10-2010, 07:13 PM
According to this Cards Clubhouse gamethread (http://www.cardsclubhouse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23833), Yadier Molina and Brandon Phillips started jawing at each other. The benches soon emptied with Chris Carpenter and Scott Rolen going at each other in the fracas. No players were ejected, but both Tony LaRussa and Dusty Baker were.

EDIT: Video (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=10812129) of brawl.

Craig Grebeck
08-10-2010, 07:23 PM
According to this Cards Clubhouse gamethread (http://www.cardsclubhouse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23833), Yadier Molina and Reggie Phillips started jawing at each other. The benches soon emptied with Chris Carpenter and Scott Rolen going at each other in the fracas. No players were ejected, but both Tony LaRussa and Dusty Baker were.
http://bit.ly/aysnhu (http://bit.ly/aysnhu)

rdwj
08-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Disgusting

What is disgusting about that?? Seriously?? My 5 and 7 yr old girls wouldn't even get a time out for a "brawl" like that.

bluedemon45
08-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Nothing too bad about that "brawl"

I wish I could get my hands on the tape of that White Sox Tigers Brawl in early April about 8-10 years ago. I remember it was around Easter because my entire family was talking about it.

thomas35forever
08-10-2010, 08:09 PM
That's just stupid. I've never seen a brawl start by two guys jawing at each other at the plate. The aggressors should be ashamed of themselves. I guess this only adds to the rivalry.

soltrain21
08-10-2010, 08:16 PM
That's just stupid. I've never seen a brawl start by two guys jawing at each other at the plate. The aggressors should be ashamed of themselves. I guess this only adds to the rivalry.

It's because Philips went off on the Cardinals saying how much he hates them and how they are all "bitches."

thomas35forever
08-10-2010, 08:18 PM
It's because Philips went off on the Cardinals saying how much he hates them and how they are all "bitches."
He should probably be fined for starting all this.

CHISOXFAN13
08-10-2010, 08:29 PM
He should probably be fined for starting all this.

Fined for saying he hates them? Geez. Maybe Molina and the Cardinals should grow some thicker skin.

What a joke on.

Bobby Thigpen
08-10-2010, 09:18 PM
I'd pay a decent sum of money to watch someone jack LaRussa in the face.

happydude
08-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Not much of a "brawl". Typical baseball b.s, really; a bunch of guys hollering, gesturing wildly, and moshing around and no one really wanting to fight. Any group of 6th graders arguing over kickball during recess (do kids still play kickball?) could easily top that.

chisox616
08-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Not much of a "brawl". Typical baseball b.s, really; a bunch of guys hollering, gesturing wildly, and moshing around and no one really wanting to fight. Any group of 6th graders arguing over kickball during recess (do kids still play kickball?) could easily top that.

I can vouch for that. I'm essentially the Big Hurt when playing against my girlfriend's little brothers and sisters, it's a huge argument over who gets me on their team. They love the game.

Anyways, gotta love Brandon Phillips going 0-5 yesterday and 1-5 today (albeit with an RBI). What a jackass.

ComiskeyBrewer
08-10-2010, 10:26 PM

Here's the article

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/cincinnatireds/entries/2010/08/09/before_we_dissect_the_chris.html

BP basically calls the Cardinals out for "bitching and moaning", about every little thing(which is accurate), such as them complaining about the balls not being rubbed down properly at Great American Ballpark in a game they got blown out of, or because of them thinking the Brewers showed them up and are "classless" because of the untuck em thing the last few years. Really, BP is just saying what every NLC fan thinks; Get over yourselves Cardinals, you don't write the book on what is and isn't acceptable in baseball.

VMSNS
08-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Here's the article

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/cincinnatireds/entries/2010/08/09/before_we_dissect_the_chris.html

BP basically calls the Cardinals out for "bitching and moaning", about every little thing(which is accurate), such as them complaining about the balls not being rubbed down properly at Great American Ballpark in a game they got blown out of, or because of them thinking the Brewers showed them up and are "classless" because of the untuck em thing the last few years. Really, BP is just saying what every NLC fan thinks; Get over yourselves Cardinals, you don't write the book on what is and isn't acceptable in baseball.

Seems like Carpenter is always in the middle of it, as well. The dude appears to be a massive headcase.

happydude
08-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Here's the article

It all emanates from Larussa; its not a classy thing to say or think but in many ways I'm with Thigpen when it comes to Tony.

hi im skot
08-10-2010, 10:57 PM
The Cardinals are one of the most boring franchises in baseball.

soxfanreggie
08-10-2010, 11:05 PM
In these situations, they should just get stadium field security (the cops, there's plenty of them) out there if a fight actually breaks out. Someone is going to get hurt in ome of these hissyfits, ex. torn ACL, and then a bunch of people are going to be ticked off. I can also see some fans getting involved if it's over by the stands.

gobears1987
08-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Baseball brawls tend to be lame, and this one fits that category. With the exception of Sox-Tigers in 2000, I can't really recall many that are worthwhile.

soxfanreggie
08-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Baseball brawls tend to be lame, and this one fits that category. With the exception of Sox-Tigers in 2000, I can't really recall many that are worthwhile.

We did have one at Illinois State vs the Sycamores of Indiana State that ended up in a double-forfeit. It was one big bench-clearing brawl.

hi im skot
08-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Eric Byrnes was just on MLB Network offering his "analysis" (i.e. screaming and shouting about god knows what); seriously, **** that guy.

PKalltheway
08-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Really, BP is just saying what every NLC fan thinks; Get over yourselves Cardinals, you don't write the book on what is and isn't acceptable in baseball.
While it's best to just keep those kind of statements confined within the clubhouse, I agree wholeheartedly. I can't stand that mother****ing, steriod apologizing, holier than thou, jackass LaRussa. Seriously, **** the Cardinals. I really hope the Reds can take that division.

y2j2785
08-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Did anyone else see how pissed Mark McGwire looked?

LoveYourSuit
08-10-2010, 11:42 PM
The Cardinals are one of the most boring franchises in baseball.

What are you talking about :scratch:

A team with the best player in the game is boring?

hi im skot
08-10-2010, 11:50 PM
What are you talking about :scratch:

A team with the best player in the game is boring?

Pujols is just one (great) player.

Sorry, I just find the Cardinals to be incredibly dull. Perhaps it's the fans, perhaps it's the fact that they're in the National League.

They've never done anything for me, and I loved Brandon Phillips' comments.

DSpivack
08-11-2010, 12:15 AM
Nothing too bad about that "brawl"

I wish I could get my hands on the tape of that White Sox Tigers Brawl in early April about 8-10 years ago. I remember it was around Easter because my entire family was talking about it.

I still hate Phil Garner.

DumpJerry
08-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Somewhere, Nolan Ryan is chuckling.

samurai_sox
08-11-2010, 01:18 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox and Twins get into a brawl one day, I would love to see Quentin lay one into Mauer's pretty boy face.

I'm with Skot, I also think the cards are extremely boring.

chisoxfanatic
08-11-2010, 02:20 AM
Weak.

aryzner
08-11-2010, 07:49 AM
I saw Mike MacDougal and got excited. But then he didn't do anything and I was bored with this fight again. :tongue:

palehozenychicty
08-11-2010, 07:58 AM
I always found the Cardinals to be a drag as well. C'mon, Red Machine.

Chez
08-11-2010, 08:27 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox and Twins get into a brawl one day, I would love to see Quentin lay one into Mauer's pretty boy face.

Not sure I agree that simply being a great player (and apparently handsome) is sufficient grounds to get Mauer punched in the face by Quentin.

seventyseven
08-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Here's the article

I think people just dislike the Cardinals because they win. Brandon Phillips can suck it.

Chez
08-11-2010, 09:08 AM
I think people just dislike the Cardinals because they win. Brandon Phillips can suck it.

I disagree. I like the Cards. I'm sick of LaRussa's sanctimonious attitude towards all things baseball and beyond.

illinibk
08-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Not sure I agree that simply being a great player (and apparently handsome) is sufficient grounds to get Mauer punched in the face by Quentin.
Yup, if anyone should get jacked, it should be either Kubel or Cuddyer. I hate those guys.

happydude
08-11-2010, 09:26 AM
I disagree. I like the Cards. I'm sick of LaRussa's sanctimonious attitude towards all things baseball and beyond.

For sure. I'm indifferent to the actual players on the team other than Pujols.

g0g0
08-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Did anyone else see how pissed Mark McGwire looked?

He was just mad he didn't have any roids in him yesterday to help out.

Being a Cubs fan I hate the Cards and would love to see anyone else win the Central, but why can't the Reds keep their mouths shut? First Votto and now this? I think their heads are swelling too much.

Viva Medias B's
08-11-2010, 10:35 AM
It seems the Cardinal game experience is more interesting than the Cardinal ballclub itself. I was there a few weeks ago for two big wins over the Phillies, and that is the feeling I had. The Cardinals are my National League team, and their fan base actually has the largest land mass of fandom (not to be confused with number of fans) in Illinois I believe.

DSpivack
08-11-2010, 11:21 AM
It seems the Cardinal game experience is more interesting than the Cardinal ballclub itself. I was there a few weeks ago for two big wins over the Phillies, and that is the feeling I had. The Cardinals are my National League team, and their fan base actually has the largest land mass of fandom (not to be confused with number of fans) in Illinois I believe.

That's true. Sox fans are more or less limited to the city and the south and west suburbs. Cubs fans go down to central Illinois, with Springfield being about evenly divided between Cubs and Cards fans. Geographically, though, much of the state is south of I-72, which goes from Champaign to Decatur to Springfield to Quincy.

balke
08-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Cueto spiked Carpenter and injured Larue with his spikes.

As a pitcher - I think his suspension should be 3 starts. I hate how pitchers can do this crap and get a 6 game suspension = to 1 start.

illinibk
08-11-2010, 11:57 AM
He was just mad he didn't have any roids in him yesterday to help out.

Being a Cubs fan I hate the Cards and would love to see anyone else win the Central, but why can't the Reds keep their mouths shut? First Votto and now this? I think their heads are swelling too much.
Brandon Phillips is annoying. He was a prima donna d-bag when he came up with Cleveland and loved to watch his warning track fly balls. I have no problem with what Votto said; I think a lot of players are like that, only Votto actually said it to the media. Phillips is a punk anyway you look at it.

ComiskeyBrewer
08-11-2010, 04:18 PM

The second TLR leaves and the cards go back to being a normal team again, i could care less about them. But when they pull this "holier than thou" crap, it bothers me to no end and REALLY makes me want to root against them.

ChiSoxGirl
08-11-2010, 06:17 PM

I'm with Skot, I also think the cards are extremely boring.

This... a thousand times over. During a game against the Twins back in 2003, both benches cleared and bullpens emptied when Jon Garland threw at one of the Twins players. No punches were thrown, though. In July 2004, the Sox had the perfect opportunity to kick some Twins ass when Torii Hunter bowled Jamie Burke over at the plate, but not only did a fight not ensue, but the Sox didn't even retaliate. With that said, a Sox/Twins brawl would be more than OK with me.

Slappy
08-12-2010, 12:37 AM
What a lame fight. That was some pimpy **** that B Phillips pulled to get that thing started.