PDA

View Full Version : If you could have had this in May

kufram
08-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Now that we are here... Disregarding how either team got here and the perceived holes in our squad and the invincibility of Minnesota, would you have jumped at the chance to be tied for first place with the Twins and the Tigers 9 games back going into tonight's game?

Me? Yup.
Did I think we could do it? Hadn't ruled it out.
Will we win tonight? Yes... if we show up.
Is it the end of the world if we don't? Not yet.

AzureJazzMan
08-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Now that we are here... Disregarding how either team got here and the perceived holes in our squad and the invincibility of Minnesota, would you have jumped at the chance to be tied for first place with the Twins and the Tigers 9 games back going into tonight's game?

Me? Yup.
Did I think we could do it? Hadn't ruled it out.
Will we win tonight? Yes... if we show up.
Is it the end of the world if we don't? Not yet.

Yes to the first part, and I agree 100% on the second!

FielderJones
08-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Thank you.

:clap::clap::clap:

Rdy2PlayBall
08-10-2010, 03:25 PM
NO. :angry::angry:

Moses_Scurry
08-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Here's another question: Let's say an alternate universe had the Sox tied for first with Minnesota today, but the teams were never more than 2 or 3 games behind each other leading up to today. In other words, the Sox wouldn't have the ice cold April/may, but they also wouldn't have the scorching hot june/july. Would you prefer that alternate universe or the current universe?

balke
08-10-2010, 03:30 PM
I expected to be here with Peavy leading the charge. Pretty impressive things turned out this way without him.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-10-2010, 03:30 PM
I hate that we're tied.....the Twins are like gum you can't get off your shoe.

But if we were looking 9 games up at them, I'd be sick to my stomach.

Send those piranhas packing. :cool: :gulp: