PDA

View Full Version : Just so I didn't miss anything

Moses_Scurry
08-10-2010, 11:03 AM
There were only four episodes of "The Club", correct? I saw the one hour pilot, the draft episode, the Peavy gets hurt episode, and the trade deadline episode. I've stopped my DVR recordings because it was recording every single repeat of the episodes and loading up the drive for some reason (I even had it set for "new episodes only"). I just want to make sure I didn't and won't miss anything. The lack of discussion about it here makes it pretty apparent that everybody felt the same way about it as me. I was pretty disappointed overall. This last week's episode about the trade deadline was far and away the best in my opinion. The third one about the Peavy injury was awful.

Madvora
08-10-2010, 11:10 AM
We were talking about this in the MLB Network thread. My DVR stopped recording it and I missed the last two. There's 6 episodes.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2587114#post2587114

It'll be rerun on CSN on the 16th.

tlebar318
08-10-2010, 11:11 AM
I enjoyed it alot. Seeing the behind the scenes stuff was interesting. I was suprised that it was so short. I was hoping they were following them until the end of the season.

Harry Potter
08-10-2010, 11:23 AM
There technically was 6 episodes with Episodes 3-4 being the Peavy injury (aired 8/1) and Episodes 5-6 being the Trade Deadline (aired 8/8)

Here's a schedule of when CSN will be re-airing all 6 episodes starting next Monday:
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20100809&content_id=13236586&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

GoGoCrede
08-10-2010, 11:43 AM
They seriously replay these episodes like 4 times a week, so you should be able to catch any you missed.

ewokpelts
08-10-2010, 11:53 AM
way too short. and had a chance to be more than a dvd special feature.

GoGoCrede
08-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Honestly...the series disappointed me a little. I loved seeing KW, Ozzie, and Jerry, but I would have liked to see the players more, and see them interacting. I'm sure it was done purposefully, though,

VeeckAsInWreck
08-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Honestly...the series disappointed me a little. I loved seeing KW, Ozzie, and Jerry, but I would have liked to see the players more, and see them interacting. I'm sure it was done purposefully, though,

From the start the focus was gonna be on the three of them. Besides, do you really want a camera crew interfering with the players?

GoGoCrede
08-10-2010, 12:04 PM
From the start the focus was gonna be on the three of them. Besides, do you really want a camera crew interfering with the players?

No, I don't, which is why I said it was probably done purposefully. KW is hilarious, I was glad to see him featured a lot. When they showed him working out in the gym to alleviate his anger at our suckiness in April, it was hilarious. I feel like he represented the entire fanbase at the time.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-10-2010, 12:26 PM
No, I don't, which is why I said it was probably done purposefully. KW is hilarious, I was glad to see him featured a lot. When they showed him working out in the gym to alleviate his anger at our suckiness in April, it was hilarious. I feel like he represented the entire fanbase at the time.

Yeah, Kenny is hilarious. I liked his reactions while hearing Ken Rosenthal talk about his potential moves. Kenny said "How does he get this ****" He then looked around the room and told everyone to put their cell phones in the middle of the table. :tongue:

DumpJerry
08-10-2010, 12:51 PM
My DVR stopped recording it and I missed the last two.
So did mine after the first episode (I have Directv), so I set my season pass to record all episodes, including repeats. Now I get all of them. Sometimes The Club us listed, but they show their regular update show instead.

Frankfan4life
08-10-2010, 12:56 PM
There were only four episodes of "The Club", correct? I saw the one hour pilot, the draft episode, the Peavy gets hurt episode, and the trade deadline episode. I've stopped my DVR recordings because it was recording every single repeat of the episodes and loading up the drive for some reason (I even had it set for "new episodes only"). I just want to make sure I didn't and won't miss anything. The lack of discussion about it here makes it pretty apparent that everybody felt the same way about it as me. I was pretty disappointed overall. This last week's episode about the trade deadline was far and away the best in my opinion. The third one about the Peavy injury was awful.I'm having exactly the same problem. Instead of just recording new episodes, my DVR has been recording repeats as well. I just delete everything that shows up on the same day except for one episode.

I wonder if this glitch is the fault of the MLB network or DirecTV.

Madvora
08-10-2010, 12:58 PM
My DVR glitch was happening with Comcast.

Sargeant79
08-10-2010, 01:38 PM
My DVR glitch was happening with Comcast.

I find that a lot of glitches happen with Comcast.

Glad to hear that they are going to be replaying these. I don't have the MLB network, so I haven't been able to check any of these episodes out yet.

pudge
08-10-2010, 01:44 PM

Outside of the last episode, which was fascinating, I thought the series was actually pretty awful. I thought Hard Knocks, the football version, was about 20 times more fascinating. I know there's an awful lot they can't show, but I just thought more episodes like the last one would have made it a much better series. Honestly, I wouldn't re-watch any of the episodes but the final one.

There was one nugget in a prior episode where Coop was trying to convince Ozzie to let Hudson get his first win - I wish there were far more nuggets like that sprinkled in.

downstairs
08-10-2010, 01:48 PM
I have DirecTV and I also had the thing recording every single one, even though I asked for first run only.

I'm not sure how it works, but one thing I noticed: when a show doesn't have a specific description for that episode, and just a generic description for the show itself- this often happens with my DVR. The Club had this problem (which also made it confusing because I didn't know what to delete and what was new.)

Anyway, I missed episodes 3 and 4... but I really don't care. The whole show was pretty lame except the last two episodes.

GoGoCrede
08-10-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm having exactly the same problem. Instead of just recording new episodes, my DVR has been recording repeats as well. I just delete everything that shows up on the same day except for one episode.

I wonder if this glitch is the fault of the MLB network or DirecTV.

This is happening to me too! I also have Comcast. It's annoying having the show recorded 4 times in a week. I'm glad to know it's not just me.

g0g0
08-10-2010, 03:56 PM
I randomly found The Club this past weekend and watched 4 or so episodes. I loved seeing behind the scenes. When Kenny was talking about JR drafting him because he thought he was "getting a good player, but instead got an average GM" I was cracking up.

KMcMahon817
08-10-2010, 06:28 PM
I had the same DVR issues with direct tv. The series was interesting, but I was definitely bummed that it was only 6 episodes.It was cool to see behind the scenes a bit, especially since I would be in heaven to have one of those jobs one day. But overall, it could have been a lot better.