PDA

View Full Version : Hal---- and why we all should read him

oldcomiskey
06-25-2002, 06:08 PM
reading Hals latest article I come to agree with him on a lot of things--one of which is the last paragrapg which got to me to remembering the days when Eddie Einhorn was around----I wish he still was---look at the talent we had then as compared to now-we had a good young 1b in Greg Walker---2b the great defnsive wiz--Julio Cruz who along with ss Ozzie Guillen made some damn remarkable DPs--3b we had Vinny Law--a milkman like hard worker----Ron Kittle won ROY in 83--We had first Rudy Law then Lance Johnson in cf---and old whats his name Baines in RF---the DH was Bull Luzinski--and then Kittle after Bull retired----we had the Commander catching and a great starting staff-----we also had Ivan Calderon and Bobby Thigpen and Bob James--then Einhhorn disappeared and we were saddled with Navarro and Clayton and various and sundry other losers--and EE also made sure we had good feild managers---LaRussa----Torborg--Fregosi---

Paulwny
06-25-2002, 06:12 PM
What happened to Einhorn?

oldcomiskey
06-25-2002, 06:13 PM
he was put in charge of SportsVision and then I dont know

Daver
06-25-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
What happened to Einhorn?

His new business venture (http://www.cooperstownbaseballworld.com/welcome/eddie.htm)

oldcomiskey
06-25-2002, 06:42 PM
as kevin costner said in JFK--well we need him back

ode to veeck
06-25-2002, 07:14 PM
Kittle was never as effective as his 1st half season where he had like 30 something HR at the break, then the pitchers figured out which pitches he could almost never hit

after that he was 260 ish hitter with some HRs each season, but not those big numbers he got in AAA and 1st half rookie year-

he did hit the only ball out of the park that I saw in person, albeit after they moved home plate forward about 20 feet

I never really cared for Einhorn, probably as he ended free broadcast TV Sox games with Sportsvision/OnTV

Ncorgbl
06-26-2002, 10:17 AM
Eddie Einhorn is still around, and has the title 'Vice Chairman' or somehting like that. He is still Reinsdorf's partner and best freind.
He stepped down and asked Jerry to take over due to the incessant badgering by the media, and his poor health. He has suffered a malady of health issues, including having beaten prostate cancer. He is now in need of a kidney transplant. He was quoted in the Sun-Times just the other day that his spirits are there, but the body is breaking down. He is spearheading an effort to make everyone aware of prostate and kidney tesing for preventitive purposes.
I wish him the very best, he deserves it.