PDA

View Full Version : The latest no-name, annoying Twin callup:

Moses_Scurry
08-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Jason Repko.

Seriously, what magic, slime-covered rock do the Twinkies own that these players keep crawling out from under?!?!?

I will never feel comfortable with a Twin injury again!

roylestillman
08-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Jason Repko.

Seriously, what magic, slime-covered rock do the Twinkies own that these players keep crawling out from under?!?!?

I will never feel comfortable with a Twin injury again!

... and why are they always named Jason.

Moses_Scurry
08-09-2010, 11:17 AM

very good question! Maybe they have a cloning factory somewhere.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-09-2010, 11:19 AM

Here's a picture of him. No wonder they keep coming back.
http://static.myce.com/images_news/userimages/jasonVorheesFridaythe13thRemake.jpg

DSpivack
08-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Wasn't he once a big prospect with the Dodgers or something?

VeeckAsInWreck
08-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Wasn't he once a big prospect with the Dodgers or something?

Yup.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/repkoja01.shtml

Dick Allen
08-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Wasn't he once a big prospect with the Dodgers or something?I don't know how big a prospect he was, but I know he was very mediocre with the Dodgers. Maybe somehow the Twins manage to get the best out of these punks or just plain lucky?

KenBerryGrab
08-09-2010, 12:53 PM

Yes, it's in Sioux Falls, S.D.

TheVulture
08-09-2010, 01:28 PM

The last name doesn't sit well with me, either.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r115/subgenius88/repto.jpg

Perhaps he isn't even human.

Pablo_Honey
08-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Considering that my English name is Jason, this irks me. Why couldn't the Sox have a Jason of their own?

soxinem1
08-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Supposedly MIN has had their eye on him for some time.

Now he's hitting .350.......

Go figure....:mad:

thomas35forever
08-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Supposedly MIN has had their eye on him for some time.

Now he's hitting .350.......

Go figure....:mad:
I can see him with 2 HR and 6 RBIs in the next series.

JB98
08-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Considering that my English name is Jason, this irks me. Why couldn't the Sox have a Jason of their own?

They should sign me.

thomas35forever
08-09-2010, 06:26 PM
They did.
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pictures/jason_bere_picture.jpg

ChiSoxGirl
08-09-2010, 07:34 PM
They should sign me.

They should. Maybe you could drive in more runs off of these Orioles pitchers with ERAs in the fours and fives than the guys on the team right now! :wink:

eastchicagosoxfan
08-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Jason Repko was born in East Chicago, Indiana. I know several members of his family. His dad and my dad worked at the same foundry until it closed in 1986. Jason's family moved to Washington state shortly afterwards. Jason's dad and one uncle were pro prospects. There's a story that either his dad or uncle were scouted by the Indians, and told to expect to be drafted in the late rounds. This was in the early 1970's. The draftee saw there was a lot more money at the mill, and figured the pros were a real longshot, and told Cleveland not to waste their time. There are of course more colorful versions of the story. Jason was a sandwich pick by the Dodgers out of high school. He was highly rated, obviously. In some respects he was the Dodgers' version of Brian Anderson. He was very popular with some fans. Anyway, Jason languished on the Dodgers' bench, and caught the injury bug. He struck out a lot too. He bounced between triple A and the Dodgers for a few years. Last season he was Torre's last cut. The story is that the Dodgers wanted him to change his approach to hitting. It didn't work. The Twins have told him to use his approach, and suddenly he's batting .350. I met Jason a few years back, and he's a really nice kid. I'm happy he's finally having a good season, but obviously I hope his team comes up a little short.

PeteWard
08-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Jason Repko was born in East Chicago, Indiana. I know several members of his family. His dad and my dad worked at the same foundry until it closed in 1986. Jason's family moved to Washington state shortly afterwards. Jason's dad and one uncle were pro prospects. There's a story that either his dad or uncle were scouted by the Indians, and told to expect to be drafted in the late rounds. This was in the early 1970's. The draftee saw there was a lot more money at the mill, and figured the pros were a real longshot, and told Cleveland not to waste their time. There are of course more colorful versions of the story. Jason was a sandwich pick by the Dodgers out of high school. He was highly rated, obviously. In some respects he was the Dodgers' version of Brian Anderson. He was very popular with some fans. Anyway, Jason languished on the Dodgers' bench, and caught the injury bug. He struck out a lot too. He bounced between triple A and the Dodgers for a few years. Last season he was Torre's last cut. The story is that the Dodgers wanted him to change his approach to hitting. It didn't work. The Twins have told him to use his approach, and suddenly he's batting .350. I met Jason a few years back, and he's a really nice kid. I'm happy he's finally having a good season, but obviously I hope his team comes up a little short.

Hate to cheer against the Region, but what can you do?

Nellie_Fox
08-10-2010, 01:26 AM
... and why are they always named Jason.Perhaps because about twenty years ago, every kindergarten in the land was overrun with kids named Jason? It was a hugely popular name for boys born in the early to mid 80's.