PDA

View Full Version : Good news on Jake Peavy, Jared Mitchell

doublem23
08-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Both are recovering nicely from their surgeries.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/post/_/id/1363/white-sox-injury-updates

Randar68
08-09-2010, 01:22 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/post/_/id/1363/white-sox-injury-updates

Sox previously stated that they wanted to get Mitchell up to speed in instructional ball and then play him in the AFL. Good to hear that he is on track.

voodoochile
08-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Sox previously stated that they wanted to get Mitchell up to speed in instructional ball and then play him in the AFL. Good to hear that he is on track.

From what I remember reading about his injury when it happened, that's great news. Perhaps I'm misremembering though.

Pablo_Honey
08-09-2010, 01:48 PM

This is reassuring. I was real high on Mitchell and was upset when he got injured in ST. Good to hear he is recovering well. Peavy, I knew he was an injury waiting to happen any time so I wasn't shocked at all but it's nice to hear he is also recovering well.

SI1020
08-09-2010, 02:25 PM
This is reassuring. I was real high on Mitchell and was upset when he got injured in ST. Good to hear he is recovering well. Peavy, I knew he was an injury waiting to happen any time so I wasn't shocked at all but it's nice to hear he is also recovering well. Peavy's velocity had tailed down for a few seasons and it looked to me like he was trying to compensate with a little bit of extra whip to his motion. That and the fact that his slider had become an on again off again proposition. I'm concerned about his future. I caught more than a little heat for suggesting that Peavy might, emphasis might turn out to be another Ernie Broglio. You didn't have to be a baseball genius to see the 2010 version of Jake Peavy was an injury waiting to happen. Hopefully he turns out more like Tommy John who pitched a long time after a serious injury, and not like Ernie Broglio cut down in his prime after a hopeful team traded a future Hall of Famer for him.

delben91
08-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Peavy's velocity had tailed down for a few seasons and it looked to me like he was trying to compensate with a little bit of extra whip to his motion. That and the fact that his slider had become an on again off again proposition. I'm concerned about his future. I caught more than a little heat for suggesting that Peavy might, emphasis might turn out to be another Ernie Broglio. You didn't have to be a baseball genius to see the 2010 version of Jake Peavy was an injury waiting to happen. Hopefully he turns out more like Tommy John who pitched a long time after a serious injury, and not like Ernie Broglio cut down in his prime after a hopeful team traded a future Hall of Famer for him.

Are you suggesting Clayton Richard is a future Hall of Famer?

twinsuck
08-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Are you suggesting Clayton Richard is a future Hall of Famer?
lol what?? I doubt he was suggesting that.

SI1020
08-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Are you suggesting Clayton Richard is a future Hall of Famer? Of course not. I forget that on the internet you have to me so much more careful than you do in regular conversation. I didn't think I was comparing Clayton Richard to Lou Brock but if you or anyone else took it that way then please don't.

doublem23
08-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Of course not. I forget that on the internet you have to me so much more careful than you do in regular conversation. I didn't think I was comparing Clayton Richard to Lou Brock but if you or anyone else took it that way then please don't.

:tealtutor: