PDA

View Full Version : This is what we asked for...

october23sp
08-09-2010, 01:32 AM
This will be an epic pennant race between the Twins, in May all we could do was remember what 2008 was like, well we are going to get a very similar type race down the stretch. I am glad I bought tickets for the last two games in Minnesota in May. Those games will be pretty huge despite being in Mid-August.

Get your popcorn ready folks, this is going to get intense. I just felt that this deserved it's own thread. The coming 8 weeks is why we are baseball fans and even more so White Sox fans.

Even if we do fizzle out in October, let's at least beat these pukes from Minnesota again.:popcorn:

Slappy
08-09-2010, 02:15 AM
You're right. There was a point where some of us had all but given up. But the team never did and we're in first place. I'm going to try to enjoy it as much as I can, even when it gets frustrating that we are so close to being better by adding a crucial element(s) to the team.

I need another playoff experience to enjoy.

voodoochile
08-09-2010, 03:49 AM
Can't say I wouldn't be happier with a 10 game lead, but if you aren't enjoying what's going on and coming, you should just stop watching baseball. THIS is why we play the games.

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2010, 04:32 AM
It seems frustrating that the divisional lead can't increase to more than a couple games...The magnitude of these 6 games with the Twins these next two weeks is huge...It can really set the tone for the rest of the season.

Brian26
08-09-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm not worried.

We've got nine left with Minnesota, and six of those are at home. Lots of Detroit left on the schedule too. Boston will be a pushover at the end of the season, as they'll be in shambles.

Let's put together another streak and grab the #2 seed for the postseason.

LoveYourSuit
08-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Oak, KC and Cle are the only teams that scare me on our schedule.

rcescato
08-09-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm not worried.

We've got nine left with Minnesota, and six of those are at home. Lots of Detroit left on the schedule too. Boston will be a pushover at the end of the season, as they'll be in shambles.

I am all for a tight pennant race. Catch #2(tampa or Texas). I want to catch the Yankees. I was in New York last week. Had the Yankees game on the radio. This east coast bias is so out of hand. The announcers had the gall to say they hate the wild card because its going to ruin the best pennant race of all time. They were of course talking about yanks and rays. Meaning the other teams dont matter and wont even be close to them in the standings. So I want the Sox and twins to catch both of them and preferrably Yankees out of playoffs or tampa.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Bobby Thigpen
08-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Side question-

Most currently overused word- epic or fail?

And yes, this race is shaping up to be what baseball fans ask for.

october23sp
08-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Side question-

Most currently overused word- epic or fail?

And yes, this race is shaping up to be what baseball fans ask for.

Haha epic fail.:redneck:wink:

AlexRios51
08-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Oak, KC and Cle are the only teams that scare me on our schedule.
You can't forget BAL

SCCWS
08-09-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm not worried.

You are dreaming. Boston, unfortunately, will be right in the middle of the fight for the wild-card in September. They get Pedroia back next week which leaves Youkillis as the only key player out down the stretch. To replace him they have a combo of Mike Lowell and Carlos DelGado. Meanwhile Tampa sent 2 starting pitchers back home yesterday for X-Rays and they continue to struggle. New York would be the better of that trio to play in Sept as they may be resting players.

october23sp
08-09-2010, 01:01 PM
You can't forget BAL

Baltimore only scares me in Baltimore.

Brian26
08-09-2010, 01:09 PM
You are dreaming. Boston, unfortunately, will be right in the middle of the fight for the wild-card in September. They get Pedroia back next week which leaves Youkillis as the only key player out down the stretch. To replace him they have a combo of Mike Lowell and Carlos DelGado. Meanwhile Tampa sent 2 starting pitchers back home yesterday for X-Rays and they continue to struggle. New York would be the better of that trio to play in Sept as they may be resting players.

Boston's not the team this year that they've been in the past.

Bobby Thigpen
08-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Haha epic fail.:redneck:wink:

:chunks

beasly213
08-09-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm very confident about this upcoming Twins series because it's at home where the Sox have played great this year. It's a huge series and I expect the Sox to win 2/3 here or sweep and then lose 2/3 at Min or get swept at MIN.

Either way I am very excited for Tuesday night when I hope a White Sox blow out sets the tone for the series.

Red Barchetta
08-09-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm just happy that we're talking about this because looking ahead at the end of May, I didn't think this series was going to be too meaningful.