PDA

View Full Version : KW on ESPN1000 @ 4:00PM - 6/25

Clarkdog
06-25-2002, 03:58 PM
Have a listen, hear the wisdom.

hold2dibber
06-25-2002, 04:09 PM
Arrgghh! I have no radio at work -- can some kind soul please post a summary here once it is over?

CerberusWG
06-25-2002, 04:19 PM
Typical BS,r eally.

I stand by this team, etc.

My phone is tied up, someone call up and ask about Crede.

Kid Kip
06-25-2002, 04:30 PM
Kenny just blamed the Ritchie deal on Schu.

Cheryl
06-25-2002, 04:30 PM
Somebody call him and ask about that sign in his subdivision this morning.

Kilroy
06-25-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Kid Kip
Kenny just blamed the Ritchie deal on Schu.

Thats not a new thing its been said before.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-25-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Thats not a new thing its been said before.

I don't get it. How is the Ritchie trade Schu's fault?

Clarkdog
06-25-2002, 04:55 PM
In summary (paraphrasing):

:KW

- KW not looking to make changes. "These are your Chicago White Sox, I'm a stubborn guy and I'm not ready to give up yet."

- The fact that the Sox are beating themselves is what frustrates him the most.

- Each series is now do or die for this team.

- On chemistry and leadership: Chemistry comes from winning and guys desparately want to win and are pressing. If the mix is not right, then that is on me. But I'm not ready to give in.

- There are a lot of internal members of this management that are in support of this club, and are not ready to give in.

- On Rowand as an everyday player: Lineup is JM decision.

- On why Shu is in Minneapolis: Means nothing. I had work in the office. I wanted to spend some time with my family. He's a consultant, he encouraged us to get Todd Ritchie, he a part of everything we do.

- On why KW is in the clubhouse: I like to have conversations with a few of the players to encourage them, let them know I believe in them.

-On Carlos Lee: His D is improved, and his offense is turning the corner.

- On playing for this year or next: No overhauls, just adjustments regardless of the situation.

- On Jerry's tinkering: We've had discussions. He has his ideas of the lineup, and I have mine, and we've butted heads. But I have to defer to his judgement, but you would like to see more stability.

- On Joe Crede: He's in the minors to work on shortening his swing and drive the ball to right. I had to resist bringing him up at the beginning of this season, because I didn't want his arrival to possibly affect our ability to win. Given our situation now, discussion may be immenent but I certainly want to give the guys on the field the chance to work thier way through this.

- On Frank Thomas: His front side is opening up and he's dipping his shoulder. Ward is working with him. I hope he can square it away.

- On Farm Hands: Corwin Malone has been impressive. Rauch taking cautious approach, on a throwing program.

- On Ritchie Deal: He should have more wins. I don't regret the trade. This is a place where he can survive and flourish. We did not think we could get the type of performance from Wells/Fogg in Chicago that they are delivering in Pitts. But I'm happy for them both.

On Mariotti: I don't pay attention to that guy.

jklm
06-25-2002, 05:15 PM
Thank you, ClarkDog.

It is lame to blame the Ritchie deal on Schu.

No Clayton question?

CerberusWG
06-25-2002, 05:22 PM
Malone impressive?

Uh, no.

jklm
06-25-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Malone impressive?

Uh, no.

Right now, he is at most a left-handed Danny Wright. Burly should give him some tips on how to throw strikes...

MattSharp
06-25-2002, 06:46 PM
It sounds like all BS. They were all typical answers and he pretty much made it clear that they aren't gonna make any of the moves we wan them to make. This team is going into the toliet.

Tavarin
06-25-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog

- On Ritchie Deal: He should have more wins. I don't regret the trade. This is a place where he can survive and flourish. We did not think we could get the type of performance from Wells/Fogg in Chicago that they are delivering in Pitts. But I'm happy for them both.
[/B]

The only reason Wells/Fogg couldn't "flourish" in Chicago was Nardi.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-25-2002, 09:42 PM
i dunno about you people, but KW seems like Homer Simpson on the episode where a meltdown almost occurs, and he uses the eenie meenie miney mo system to pick the button. except KW picks the wrong buttons.

MisterB
06-25-2002, 09:56 PM
- On playing for this year or next: No overhauls, just adjustments regardless of the situation.

So we're stuck with the Team Of The Living Dead. Great.

- On Joe Crede: I had to resist bringing him up at the beginning of this season, because I didn't want his arrival to possibly affect our ability to win.

Whew! Sure dodged a bullet there, Kenny! Wouldn't want our lineup clogged with promising young prospects.

Jerry_Manuel
06-25-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
Whew! Sure dodged a bullet there, Kenny! Wouldn't want our lineup clogged with promising young prospects.

What would you like him to say?

"Joe's not here yet because of politics"?

rmusacch
06-25-2002, 11:00 PM
In summary (paraphrasing):

:KW

- On Rowand as an everyday player: Lineup is JM decision.

Bull****!!! Why is Clayton in the lineup then? Why did he make JM look like a fool by saying Clayton was benched and then putting him back in the lineup?

Tragg
06-25-2002, 11:21 PM
<i>I had to resist bringing him up at the beginning of this season, because I didn't want his arrival to possibly affect our ability to win.</i?

"Affect" - like IMPROVE or EHNNCE our ability to win?

BTW, Jerry Manuel, what is the political angle re Crede - the arrogance of the silly trade for clayton?

I agree with one thing he implied - tell Schueler to stay in Minnesota. He was a lackluster GM at best - if this is Kenny's job, let him do it.

Jerry_Manuel
06-26-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
BTW, Jerry Manuel, what is the political angle re Crede - the arrogance of the silly trade for clayton?

Sorta. By cutting or trading Royce, it would admit that they made a mistake by trading for him. Which is something that this organization has refused to do over the past few years.

Ncorgbl
06-26-2002, 09:48 AM
I believe every Sox fan, especially the frustated ones should try to hear Williams' interview. While 'ClarkDog' did a fine job of praphrasing, the demeanor and tone of Williams is lost in printed words.
Ken Williams sounded to me to be talking staright off the cuff, not any 'prepared' statements, and answered all the questions honestly. There was hesitation in his voice, some stutter at times, but he answered the hard questions we are all wondering, maybe not the answers everyone wants to hear, but definate answers and a definate plan. I do not think there was an iota of B.S. in his words, and he allowed McNeil to extend the interview citing the fact that he's as frustrated as we, and we deserve to know.
To my view, the most 'telling' of the interview was the question of Durham. Williams said, and has said in similiar circumstances before, he will not comment on the movement of any player before it happens, as it isn't fair to the guy, and may affect his play. He said that of Ray yesterday when asked, which tells me that Ray may be on the bubble. But, again, that is just my take on what wasn't said.
In regards to the Ritchie deal, and Schuler's involvement, I've posted many times on MLB that Schuler was the driving force behind the trade. Hemond concurred, and Williams made the deal. He didn't lay blame on Schu, he gave him credit, and believes Ritchie will is going to be what we wanted. Remember, both Hemond and Schu are on Kenny's staff, and do make recommendations all the time.
As some of you know, I post mostly on the MLB boards, and was surprised that the interview was not mentioned. I've written McNeil and asked for a link to hear it ifthey have those capabilities, and to replay it more than once, so that all may hear it. If they do, I'll post it here, too.
I've been on the fence about Williams, liking some moves and not liking others, and have argued that it's too early to judge him yet, with only 1 1/2 seasons on the job. I have argued strong and hard with baggio, who loathes Williams for trading some favourites of his, and disagree entirely on his viewpoint. This interview has me liking Williams more, and feeling more confident in the management team he has. I've always liked Hemond and Schuler, so it helps to know Kenny respects their advice as well. For those here at WSI who are not familiar with me, I am considered a ownership/management supporter, and a 'rose colored glasses' type. Many miss my complaints about the organization, but, in all honesty, I have only a few. I believe From Reinsdorf on down, they are at least as big of fans as we, and are trying to do everything they can to win, within reason. I do not want, nor would I be proud of my White Sox 'buying' a World Series as the Marlis, Diamondbacks and Yankees do. And, I do believe this team, as it is, and with those in the 'wings' to come up, can do it.

voodoochile
06-26-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch

Bull****!!! Why is Clayton in the lineup then? Why did he make JM look like a fool by saying Clayton was benched and then putting him back in the lineup?

JM himself said in the paper the other day that "long term" meant "During interleague road games" when the team needed to get another bat in the lineup. Now that those are over, Clayton has been returned to the starter role...

RedPinStripes
06-26-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Ncorgbl
organization, but, in all honesty, I have only a few. I believe From Reinsdorf on down, they are at least as big of fans as we, and are trying to do everything they can to win, within reason. I do not want, nor would I be proud of my White Sox 'buying' a World Series as the Marlis, Diamondbacks and Yankees do. And, I do believe this team, as it is, and with those in the 'wings' to come up, can do it.

There ya go. kissin Sox mgt. ass again! :D:

MisterB
06-26-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

What would you like him to say?

"Joe's not here yet because of politics"?

Well, honesty would be a refreshing change.... :D: