PDA

View Full Version : White Sox vs. Twins Pitching Matchups

Harry Potter
08-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Tuesday: Garcia vs. Baker
Wednesday: Danks vs. TBD (Perkins??)
Thursday: Floyd vs. Liriano

Slowey was supposed to start Wednesday but will skip his turn due to right elbow soreness. Glen Perkins, who is in Triple-A, is an option to start in his place.

Also, Gardenhire thought of going with Liriano-Pavano on normal rest Weds-Thurs, but both players opted for an extra day's rest
http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100808&content_id=13187258&notebook_id=13188218&vkey=notebook_min&fext=.jsp&c_id=min

soxlady8
08-08-2010, 07:38 PM
I think the Sox need to get it together for this upcoming series.
The pitchers need to have their A games on !

Twinks won today and we lost :(
We are only ahead by .5 of a game.
That my friends , is a wee bit scary now!

gogosox675
08-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Not having to face Pavano makes me feel a little better. Then again, we've not done so well against Orioles starters this weekend, so it may be pretty difficult no matter who we face.

Nelfox02
08-08-2010, 08:15 PM
to tell you the truth, I am more worried about trying to save face and get a W in baltimore tomorrow than the Twinks right now.....

Woofer
08-08-2010, 08:20 PM
After tomorrows game the Sox will have played 18 games on the road and only 7 games at home since the All Star break. I think that during that stretch the Sox are 14-10. I'm hoping that once they get back home, the Sox can put some distance between them and the Twins. I know that the Twins always play the Sox tough, but I am hoping for good things since we finally get to see some games at home.

Tomorrow is a must win game. The Sox don't want the Twins coming to town tied for first. The Sox can gain some momentum back with a nice performance and a series split with Baltimore.

Nelfox02
08-08-2010, 08:27 PM
tough to say must win, but a big one

whether the Orioles are hot, playing for jobs next year, whatever----if you are serious about making it to post season then you cant have a 1-3 series at Baltimore when your clinging to first.......

Get home with a decent 5-3 trip, still a game up, and now find someway to make as statement and win a big series with the Twinks, you do that you move more days of the calendar, eliminate 3 head to heads, and take on the Kitties with a 2 game lead......

beasly213
08-08-2010, 11:40 PM
I like Big Game Freddy going on Tuesday. Go get um! :cool:

LoveYourSuit
08-08-2010, 11:49 PM
I just like the Sox offense at home, period.

We just suck at hitting on the road, or it just feels this way.

dwitt76
08-09-2010, 09:30 AM
I like they way our pitching is set up in this series. Nothing like having the crafty vet like Freddy going in game 1. Hopefully he sets the tone for the series. These games are HUGE!!!!!!!!!! :popcorn:

harwar
08-09-2010, 09:41 AM
I like they way our pitching is set up in this series. Nothing like having the crafty vet like Freddy going in game 1. Hopefully he sets the tone for the series. These games are HUGE!!!!!!!!!! :popcorn:

yea, Freddy seems to be pitching on guts n guile these days .. he knows what to do and how to do it, he just has to do it in a different way that when he was younger .. thursday's matchup with Floyd-Liriano should be awesome .. i'm going to try and go to every game if i can ..