PDA

View Full Version : Cruel Schedule

LineShot
06-25-2002, 03:40 PM
I know that we are all suffering through the Twinkie series, but I was just thinking... Say we (god forbid) lose 3 of 4 or get swept all together...the scheduling gods were kind enough to have the sox go against the cubs immediately after!! The possiblity of being 8 or 10 games out definitely takes the fun out of the crosstown series and I'm sure the sox will not be able to recover enough pride to stand up to the flubbies... :whiner:
What do you guys think?

-Lenny (no, not that guy) :KW

ode to veeck
06-25-2002, 04:10 PM
The possiblity of being 8 or 10 games out definitely takes the fun out of the crosstown series and I'm sure the sox will not be able to recover enough pride to stand up to the flubbies...

Sox position in the standings should have no bearing on how they approach the hated Cubbies---it could be the closest to baseball playoffs we get to this year, i.e. the only games left with any real significance--I hope not but its starting to be a distinct possibility

burly-mon, prove me wrong tonight!

Foulke You
06-25-2002, 04:22 PM
If the Sox can't muster a good effort in front of 3 sold out 45,000+ Comiskey crowds then we will be in for a loooooongg 2nd half of the season.