PDA

View Full Version : Flying the L flag...

voodoochile
08-06-2010, 09:49 PM
I swear this is the new Internet version of that infamous Wrigley tradition. I think anyone who's scoreboard watching knows about the website, but it still cracks me up that some twinkie fan set this up and updates it regularly shortly after the game ends.

www.didthetwinswin.com

The celebration of losing has officially gone viral...

WhiteSox5187
08-06-2010, 09:52 PM
I swear this is the new Internet version of that infamous Wrigley tradition. I think anyone who's scoreboard watching knows about the website, but it still cracks me up that some twinkie fan set this up and updates it regularly shortly after the game ends.

www.didthetwinswin.com

The celebration of losing has officially gone viral...

That has been posted in the AL Central thread on an almost daily basis. I'm stunned you missed it!

voodoochile
08-06-2010, 11:59 PM
That has been posted in the AL Central thread on an almost daily basis. I'm stunned you missed it!

I know, I wanted to open a discussion into something else that's why I started a separate thread. Maybe no one gives a crap. It just hit me tonight how close to the flubbie L flag concept it is so I thought I'd start a thread about it because flying the L flag has long been one of those things that many Sox fans look at and go, "huh?!??!"

Foulke You
08-07-2010, 12:58 AM
I actually didn't know a Twins fan set that site up. I thought it was a Sox fan having fun at the Twins expense. :redface: You might be on to something here Voodoo about it being "L" flag-ish. The giant text on the screen is pretty over the top.

g0g0
08-07-2010, 08:39 AM
I kinda like the concept - just check and see what the end result was for the game. Fast and easy.

manders_01
08-07-2010, 11:09 AM
LOL Never realized it was updated. It's only linked on here when they have lost so I just assumed it always said "Twins Lost." :D:

voodoochile
08-07-2010, 11:38 AM
LOL Never realized it was updated. It's only linked on here when they have lost so I just assumed it always said "Twins Lost." :D:

Well no one's posting the link after they won so that's not a shock...:tongue:

WhiteSox5187
08-07-2010, 12:12 PM
I know, I wanted to open a discussion into something else that's why I started a separate thread. Maybe no one gives a crap. It just hit me tonight how close to the flubbie L flag concept it is so I thought I'd start a thread about it because flying the L flag has long been one of those things that many Sox fans look at and go, "huh?!??!"

I always thought the theory behind the "L" flag was that people riding past the ballpark on the el on their way home from work back in the 1930s or whenever it started could know if the Cubs won or lost. If they won they raised the W, a loss and they raised the L.

rocky biddle
08-07-2010, 05:20 PM
I always thought the theory behind the "L" flag was that people riding past the ballpark on the el on their way home from work back in the 1930s or whenever it started could know if the Cubs won or lost. If they won they raised the W, a loss and they raised the L.

I'm pretty sure that's why it started.