PDA

View Full Version : Ring Ring Ring Ring

Dadawg_77
06-25-2002, 11:43 AM
You pick your phone and its JR on the other line. He says that he has just let go Kenny "Lenny" Williams after reading the open letter. And wants you to lead the team. Gives you a budget of 75 million dollars a year for the next couple of season, and lets you on some inside knowledge that there won't be a strike. What do you do?

TornLabrum
06-25-2002, 12:30 PM
You pick your phone and its JR on the other line. He says that he has just let go Kenny "Lenny" Williams after reading the open letter. And wants you to lead the team. Gives you a budget of 75 million dollars a year for the next couple of season, and lets you on some inside knowledge that there won't be a strike. What do you do?

The answer is obvious. Fetch hot dogs for Jerry, just like all his other GMs have done.

hsc1
06-25-2002, 03:04 PM
thats easy take the 75 mil and go shopping.. i start with the coaching staff and work my way down the line....if you produce you stay.. slackers gone......then i tell jerry unless he wants to hear from the EEOC he better fetch his own darn hotdogs......lol

oldcomiskey
06-25-2002, 05:59 PM
Im glad you asked that-----I would keep 10 players and would turn the roster over----Clayton and Parque would be released---Id bring in Rolen to play 3rd----Graffy and Manos would platoon at ss---if I could sign Durham I would--otherwise Id think hard about letting Graffy start at 2b-----Lee would be gone hopefully in the rolen deal and i would put Aaron Rowand in left--Id re-sign lofton for another year and Magglio would be in right--Id also go heavy after CJ again----I dont know his contract status though---where I would need help is in starting pitching because Glover would be in the pen--leaving me burly and garland as 1 and 2----Id check on Jesus Colome from the d-rays and maybe even dan plesac a job in the orginazation somewhere---Id also keep osuna and foulke-----borchard and malone would be untouchable as well

FarmerAndy
06-25-2002, 06:22 PM
I'd use most of the extra money to get free agent pitching. I would also try to strengthen the catcher and shortstop positions. Manos and Choice would both be gone. Crede would be at 3rd and Harris at second. Borchard, Lofton, and Ordonez would be my outfield from left to right.

I can't be specific about pitching, because I'm not quite sure who will be available on the free-agent market after this year. Does anybody know what good pitchers have contracts up at the end of the year?