PDA

View Full Version : Is Jordan Danks tradeable ?

NLaloosh
08-05-2010, 08:46 PM
I'd like to hear some opinions on this:

I was wondering before the deadline if the Sox are hard pressed not to trade Jordan Danks ?

Didn't he and the Danks family have some type of verbal agreement when the Sox drafted him and he appeared to be unsignable? But, the Sox got it done for fair money with the intent that he would one day soon be playing with his brother?

And, isn't this why John changed agents and dumped Boras?

What would happen if they traded him ? Would John be pissed and his play affected? Would that end all hope of the Sox signing him long term or seriously impact that chance?

I know Jordan's not having a great year but I also never heard him seriously mentioned in any trade rumors. I get the feeling that the Sox really don't want to move him because of John.

Thoughts?

BadBobbyJenks
08-05-2010, 08:47 PM
We won't get anything for him so we won't trade him.

getonbckthr
08-05-2010, 08:52 PM
From everything we have been told and witnessed with John I truly don't think his performance would be effected. Especially if it was a move that made this team better.

Daver
08-05-2010, 09:47 PM
At this point no, he has no real trade value, all things from his brother aside.

kittle42
08-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Depends whom you ask on WSI...the place where Jordan Danks, Carlos Torres, and Tyler Flowers are coveted by EVERY team!

CWSpalehoseCWS
08-05-2010, 10:57 PM
He's been hurt so much this year, highly doubt it.

DirtySox
08-05-2010, 10:58 PM
He's been hurt so much this year, highly doubt it.

He's been bad so much this year.

CWSpalehoseCWS
08-05-2010, 11:39 PM
He's been bad so much this year.

Yeah, that too. But could be other reason for that besides talent-wise. He seems to be Brian Anderson part 2. Good glove, arm, but hitting is another story.

Craig Grebeck
08-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Yeah, that too. But could be other reason for that besides talent-wise. He seems to be Brian Anderson part 2. Good glove, arm, but hitting is another story.
Brian actually hit in the minor leagues.

NLaloosh
08-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the responses. However, I wasn't asking how much interest there is in him from other teams?

The question is can the Sox trade Jordan Danks like any other player without any backlash from John Danks or the Danks family ? Do the Sox need to consider and weigh these things before trading him?

whitesoxfan
08-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Don't even mess with trading him if it means pissing John off.

GAsoxfan
08-06-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure if it's an issue for John, but given the small return the Sox would get for Jordan, it wouldn't be worth the risk.

IMO, Jordan's floor is a 4th OF. Even if he never learns to hit at the major league level, his defense and speed will be enough to make a major league roster. Hanging onto a guy who, at a minimum, can be a bench player is worth keeping John happy.