PDA

View Full Version : Youklis out for season.

hawkjt
08-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Boston 1st basemen Kevin Youkilis is having season ending surgery on his thumb. The Red Sox have had a series of injuries this year,and now this.
They go to NY to play the Yanks for 4 coming up...could be a nail in their season if they do not play well.

Sox still have 7 games vs the Red Sox yet this year. If they are out of the race, maybe they will play some youngsters.....:smile:

gogosox675
08-05-2010, 05:45 PM
This is a big series for the Red Sox. If they sweep New York, they are only 2.5 games back. If they get swept, they are 10.5 out. I would love to see the Red Sox out of it this early.

kittle42
08-05-2010, 05:45 PM
How come Fenway didn't start this thread?

Enjoy the playoffs from home, Sawx.

russ99
08-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Boston 1st basemen Kevin Youklis is having season ending surgery on his thumb. The Red Sox have had a series of injuries this year,and now this.
They go to NY to play the Yanks for 4 coming up...could be a nail in their season if they do not play well.

Sox still have 7 games vs the Red Sox yet this year. If they are out of the race, maybe they will play some youngsters.....:smile:

Youch. That hurts. The Red Sox have been snakebit this year due to injuries.

But I have a bit of a personal reason to see the Red Sox fall off a bit this year: I have tickets to Sox vs. Carmines day game at Fenway on Sept. 5th.

It's a candidate to be moved to a ESPN Sunday Night game. If it does, I can't go since I'd never make my flight in New York the next morning. What's worse, is ESPN won't announce which game is getting moved until 2 weeks beforehand.

So if Boston stinks it up the next 3 weeks, I may get to see that game... :D:

asindc
08-05-2010, 05:51 PM
This is a big series for the Red Sox. If they sweep New York, they are only 2.5 games back. If they get swept, they are 10.5 out. I would love to see the Red Sox out of it this early.

This coming Yanks-Boston series is to Boston what this just-completed Sox-Detroit series was to Detroit. They must at least split.

PeteWard
08-06-2010, 01:08 AM
This coming Yanks-Boston series is to Boston what this just-completed Sox-Detroit series was to Detroit. They must at least split.

Would love to see them 10 back before they play THE Sox.

HomeFish
08-06-2010, 03:40 AM
Youklis is my favorite player on the Red Sox. I love his batting stance.